Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Ram Powergrip HD engagement problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 12:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ram Powergrip HD engagement problem

Just installed a Powergrip HD with the Ram aluminum flywheel. I was told that I did not have to run a shim due to the new pressure plate design. I installed it without the shim and had zero disengagement. Took it apart and installed the shim I had, bled the system again and had disengagement. It is still a little rough to shift and the car rolls a tiny bit when the clutch pedal is pressed down when in first gear.
I am also running a new stock master cylinder. I have heard that an adjustable one could fix the problem but I know people that run this clutch without the adjustable master.
What ideas do we have for fixing this?
Old 04-10-2008, 09:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

well i wouldent drive it if it aint fully disengaging you will smoke the clutch. as far as what would cause it i would say somethings wrong in the clutch the master wont help you unless the one on your car is bad
Old 04-11-2008, 09:48 AM
12 Second Club

Something is wrong with the clutch? What about adding another shim?
Old 04-11-2008, 01:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

ram should have sent u some instructions with the clutch it tells you how to measure it to see if you need the shim or not, my car did and i installed mine by what they said and it works just fine. but you have a after market flywheel so its probley different for you, i would just measure to see what you need, i think that should fix the problem if not then you might have a bad slave or master, sometimes new parts are broke when u get em

Quick Reply: Ram Powergrip HD engagement problem