Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forgot to sand down mouting holes on tci flexplate

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 10:55 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Forgot to sand down mouting holes on tci flexplate

Well decided to pull the trans again tonite do install a new flexplate everything went pretty good except we forgot to grind down the flexplate to crank mounting holes and also the converter to flexplate everything is loctited and torqued to spec and the converter bolts are locticted and tight. I didnt feel like pulling the trans back out and the flexplate to do this especially since I may be going to a track rental tommarow if the weather holds out.... Im hoping it should be fine as everything is loctited and tight. Any more opinions I know some ppl have had problems with the bolts backing out and whatnot. But it kind of slipped my mind as I was thinking about other things.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:19 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think TCI had changed the paint on their flexplates due to this issue. If you have a newer flexplate it should be good. I would run it for a while and then pull the starter off and check the converter bolts to see if they need to be tightened.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:26 AM
10 Second Club

check it after the track rental
Old 04-11-2008, 09:05 AM
TECH Regular

Yea the track rental got cancelled due to we might get some rain so. But yea I can probably check it all after the rental. But thanks for the replies.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I talked to Kevin at TCI when I got my TCI flexplate........that was a little over a year ago........that is when he told me that they had changed the coatings. I did grind the coating off on mine, but I was told that that wasn't necessary. I think you will be fine If you torqued the bolt down like you were supposed to and used locktite. I would check the converter bolts after a little use, but I always do that anyway.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:57 PM
TECH Regular

Ok yea the verter bolts I can see because I dont have a dust shield but yea the bolts that came with the flexplate were pre loctited with blue loctite and I blue loctited the verter bolts. Not sure how long my flexplate was sitting on the shelf but it was sfi rated in like feb 08 or late 07. I appreciated the replies though. Youd think tci would put that in the directions.

Last edited by RamAir02TA77; 04-11-2008 at 04:47 PM.