Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lsx build

Old 04-10-2008, 10:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lsx build

iam goin to build a lsx block for my turbo setup, need advice on heads for that block, crank, rods, piston, or a shop that will build me one, Thanks been doing research for this build for a few wks and havent got much thanks
Old 04-10-2008, 11:03 PM
Staging Lane

o and also iam looking at the new bowtie block for these parts
Old 04-10-2008, 11:14 PM
KCS

Received 307 Likes on 207 Posts

Callies' stuff is very nice and high quality. For the money, their Compstar crank and rods are pretty nice for a "streetcar". They even offer them in a small journal diameter for less rotating mass. I like Wiseco pistons alot, very nice stuff as well. They seem to understand form follows function. Just please save your engine builder the headache of getting the "superlite" crank and some heavy *** pistons and rods.

As for heads, if you're looking at the LSX Bowtie block, take advantage of the extra bolts in the deck. ETP makes some bad *** 6 bolt heads, and have been set up very well from what I've seen. You can get em with steel, titanium, or inconel valves.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by KCS
Callies' stuff is very nice and high quality. For the money, their Compstar crank and rods are pretty nice for a "streetcar". They even offer them in a small journal diameter for less rotating mass. I like Wiseco pistons alot, very nice stuff as well. They seem to understand form follows function. Just please save your engine builder the headache of getting the "superlite" crank and some heavy *** pistons and rods.

As for heads, if you're looking at the LSX Bowtie block, take advantage of the extra bolts in the deck. ETP makes some bad *** 6 bolt heads, and have been set up very well from what I've seen. You can get em with steel, titanium, or inconel valves.
Very logical post. I second this for the most part as well. If you are pushing this car hard, do not skimp out on the motor at all.

I mean if you plan on running a lot of boost, cylinder rigidity and pushing water from under load will be a big deal. Nice aftermarket 6 bolt head on a lsx block will be very nice and "reliable" terms on holding together, as it is working for multiple cars that are making 1,800 rwhp and what not.

Good luck on the build, it is not cheap, but make sure you once again, DO NOT cut corners.

Search this Thread