Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Torquer V3 Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 05:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torquer V3 Question

TSP TORQUER V3 DRIVABILITY ?, 04 Z VARARAM,DYNATECH LTS,CATS,X-PIPE, TORQUER 3 CAM!
WHAT KINDA POWER SHOULD IT MAKE AFTER DYNO TUNE?
HOW IS LOW END DRIVABILITY, ISSUES GOOD OR BAD, THANKS!
Old 04-12-2008, 03:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

With a good tuner, no issues, good cam, get the right springs, at least 7.425 pushrods.
That is + bolt ons of course
Old 04-12-2008, 08:57 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran that cam for 2 years.

Drove fine with a tune. Had a little low rpm surging but nothing unmanagable. Started and found an idle just fine even without a tune. I will caution against slapping the loud peddle without a tune, though. First pull to estalish a baseline on the dyno and my LTFT's were WAY positive.....as expected.

Springs are a must (which you will get with the package). I would ask TSP to hold off on sending pushrods until you can measure....if you are going with the package.

With stock 853 heads and the "crappy" LS1 intake I made 385 HP at 5700 rpms. Torque was above 370 ft lbs and did not drop off below 350 until around 5700 rpms. I never got any track times to back those numbers up, though. My graph is buried deep in the dyno section. Do a search for my user name.

The tune was not the best, though....and no...the shop that did it IS NOT a sponsor.

A word of caution.... definately pay attention to your rev limiter. I bounced it 2 times and when I did the head swap I noticed I had eye lashed number 1 and 5 pistons on the intake side. I still flycut when I did my head swap even though I switched to a smaller cam.

Good luck on your decision.

How are things in Norman...my mom used to live there.

R/

Frat
Old 04-12-2008, 09:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I've got it cam only w/ a mail tune from TSP. Its running a little rich, but thats fine until I get the full dyno tune. Actually had the mail tune for almost 2 years now also, since day 1 of the cam being in there. Like Frat said, a little surging/bucking at low rpm's but nothing to whine about. W/ stock gears it took just a couple seconds to start really moving, but w/ the 4:10s...yikes. Most people are seeing 400 after the dyno tune, sometimes well over 400 w/ the right supporting mods. Great cam though, Im glad I chose it!

Quick Reply: Torquer V3 Question