General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Help my 98 z28 won't start

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help my 98 z28 won't start

I was driving in the rain and my tach started bouncing, and i went about another 50 miles and it died. So I pulled over and started it back up and it was sputtering real bad. Went another two miles and it died and couldn't get it to start. I got it towed home and started troubleshooting. When you turn the ignition on you can here the fuel pump turn on and off and it keeps turning on and off. I checked all the fuses and relays. But you can hear the relay click on and off repeatedly when the ignition is on. I checked the wireing diagram and took out the relay and ran a wire from power directly to the fuel pump and it ran fine for about 5 minutes and then turned off. Now if i do that it will start but sounds like I have this huge cam in it and runs like crap. I did clean all the connectors from pcm to fuel pump relay. Guessing PCM or fuel pump, heck maybe both. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks
Old 04-15-2008, 07:04 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

something obstructing the intake maybe? injectors? fuel filter? check the sherader valve for proper pressure