General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

found water under seat

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 07:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default found water under seat

So I finally got around to tearing some of my interior up and found a huge puddle of water under the rear seats. Not sure where it came from but I guess I am just gonna keep an eye on it. I am hoping that it was just from the 10" of rain we got a month or so ago. Its all up now I am just letting the carpet dry. I pulled the drivers drain plug and a lot drained there. The plugs were all in the right spot. Anyone have any other ideas where it might be coming from?
Old 04-15-2008, 07:20 PM
On The Tree

Also there was a thing that was toward the drivers side that had a few wires going to it. It looked kind of like a computer chip or something. WHat is it used for? Sorry for the lack of discription but I cant figure out how else to describe it. It is the only thing that is on the place where the back of the back seat sits on.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is your car a post 98 F-body?

If so, I would imagine it probably leaked in from a crack in the roof column, leading to the inside of the walls and eventually down to below the seats. You have to look for a leak source higher than the puddle.

If you have speakers in the walls, be extra careful.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:14 AM
On The Tree

ya its an 02 t/a. It could have came in from a seal that was out of place in the hatchback. Not sure. I guess ill figure it out if its fixed when it rains again.