Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam for my setup

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 03:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Default Cam for my setup

Guys check my setup below and tell me what you would recommend for a cam? There are a billion choices and I've read tons. This car is not a DD. It is a weekend warrior. Once I get everything done to it I will run it at the track some but not often. Probably enough to see what it averages and leave it at that. Not trying to have the fastest car around. Just a reliable, driveable, ground pounding, street car. The guy who tuned it said a cam would help the car immensely because of the Fast.

I was going to do alot more with the car but I want to get a ZO6. So I'm going to do cam only and will most likely put in a Moser with a 373. That will be all I'm going to do with the car performance wise. Saving more money for the ZO6. Car has the 323 gear right now.

Thanks for everyones input beforehand.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

since your car isnt a daily driver and in your sig that you have a beefed up tranny, then yeah i would push for maybe a big cam like an MS3, or G5X3? what are your goals? are you trying to reach a certain hp mark? or 1/4 mile time?
Old 04-16-2008, 03:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
since your car isnt a daily driver and in your sig that you have a beefed up tranny, then yeah i would push for maybe a big cam like an MS3, or G5X3? what are your goals? are you trying to reach a certain hp mark? or 1/4 mile time?
Well we only have 1/8 mile tracks around here. I don't have a specifc goal HP wise. The guy who tuned my car said with the right cam 7.50's in the 1/8 should be doable with my setup. He said the car would really come alive since I have the Fast 90/90. To me 7.50's would be nice for this car. That translates around 11.80's in the 1/4 I beleive. I would of course need some suspension mods as well. I will look into both of those. There are just so damn many cams its like you just read and read and read and still its hard to make a decision.