Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

LS1 rear E-brake dust boots

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 11:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS1 rear E-brake dust boots

Has anyone seen a source for replacements? The factory does not sell separate from the back plates last time I checked. These are crumbled and deteriorating on every LS1 car I have ever worked on.
Old 04-19-2008, 12:56 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Check out this thread for info:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/861345-part-numbers-needed-pls.html

The e-brake mechanism is patented by an Australian company, so the individual parts are really hard to find - and only come in a kit with all the parts in the set.

I replaced mine with boots off of a B-Body. They are a little bit larger than the Firebird's but they seem to have done the job. I got them from a company, which does not sponsor this site. If you are interested, please send me a private message and I can give you the details.

You may also talk to them and see if they can get the same for the F-body. I saw them active on a B-Body forum and someone tied to a GM parts operation was able to find the part and offer it for sale. If you have a calling for these parts, they may advise on how to come across the F-Body versions.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks somone needs to repo these or something. I lot of guys like myself are using these brakes on old muscle car conversions.
PM sent

Originally Posted by wssix99
Check out this thread for info:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=861345

The e-brake mechanism is patented by an Australian company, so the individual parts are really hard to find - and only come in a kit with all the parts in the set.

I replaced mine with boots off of a B-Body. They are a little bit larger than the Firebird's but they seem to have done the job. I got them from a company, which does not sponsor this site. If you are interested, please send me a private message and I can give you the details.

You may also talk to them and see if they can get the same for the F-body. I saw them active on a B-Body forum and someone tied to a GM parts operation was able to find the part and offer it for sale. If you have a calling for these parts, they may advise on how to come across the F-Body versions.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:52 AM
Save the manuals!

Yea, it took me two weeks of research to get as far to find 1 person who had them for a B body.

The brakes are made/patented by PBR in Australia. http://www.pbr.com.au/technology/parkbrakes.shtml

I even googled my way through Australian web sites to find the parts, but no luck. I tried reaching out to some of their US distributors, but the people who I talked to had absolutely no clue or technical knowledge. My next step was to call Australia, but I decided to install the B-Body boots instead.

I expect that by the time my B-Body boots wear out, Classic Industries will start carrying them.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:18 AM
TECH Resident

I called RMS, and they are having delphi (sp?) make up some kits of the ebrake dust boots, they will be 15 dollars just like the b body boots

no ETA as of now, but I will let you all know once I get an email saying they are available.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ended up cutting up a bicycle inner tube and making a slit in the rubber for the arm to go through, while not a perfect solution it's better than what I had left of the old boots.

So the b-body boots will do the job huh? PM sent to wssix99.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:29 AM
Save the manuals!

I love the inner tube idea. Its brilliant! (I would have probably gone that way over the B-Body boots.) They can be wrenched in there, but they aren't pretty. Suggest waiting for the real-deal F-Body boots to arrive.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kny3twalker
I called RMS, and they are having delphi (sp?) make up some kits of the ebrake dust boots, they will be 15 dollars just like the b body boots

no ETA as of now, but I will let you all know once I get an email saying they are available.

They called me today. Mine are in the mail as of today. He has a bunch more but I bet they will go fast when word gets out.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by gearheads78
They called me today. Mine are in the mail as of today. He has a bunch more but I bet they will go fast when word gets out.
Yeah I ordered and started a new thread here too

Quick Reply: LS1 rear E-brake dust boots