Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Sam Straino- Help me, please

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 01:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sam Straino- Help me, please

Hey guys. Plenty of threads on this topic, sorry.

I have a 2001 Z28 with the LS1 that I am looking to lower. Straino springs seem to be the preferred choice for this. I have Z06 rims that are 17x8.5" fronts and 18x9.5" rears. I am getting long tube headers and an off-road Y-pipe installed next week, so clearance is an issue. I am looking for a spring set-up (possibly shocks too, if necessary) that will give my car a nice stance, don't want too low, no overlap. Right now it sits way too high. If Straino springs are on backorder, how long will it be before I can get a set (I am willing to buy right now) and if the lead time is outrageous, what is a good substitute for the Straino's. My other thoughts were the eibach pro-kit (LT1 though) or Hotchks.

Any advice on my situation would be much appreciated.

I know you are very busy, so I appreciate the help. I have tried to call you. Your a hard man to get a hold of, lol.

Thanks,

Matt
Old 04-18-2008, 06:23 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Call Sam Strano next week, and talk to him in person or PM him.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:37 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

It will be a while until I get more, looking into June. I'd be happy to discuss options with you, some are pretty decent, but some suck. I also don't do it by e-mail. Keep calling, but if you haven't left a message, you need to. The good news is that I'm busy--and I like to think that's because I spend time talking over details with folks. The bad news is that takes time to do.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!