Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Express NXL system delayed until the end of August

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2003, 11:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Nitrous Express NXL system delayed until the end of August

The new Nitrous Express NXL system was supposed to be released the beginning of this month. I contacted NX to see if our shipment was on the way and was told that there was a problem at the machine shop so the kit's release is delayed until the end of August. We are still taking pre-orders for this system so you can get one of the first that come in. Credit cards won't be charged until your order is ready to go.

Tom
Old 08-02-2003, 01:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Default Re: Nitrous Express NXL system delayed until the end of August

LOL, why am I not surprised
Old 08-02-2003, 03:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I knew it was going to happen.and maybe another.hey cat another wait.I know driving you nuts.
Old 08-02-2003, 07:11 AM

How much is the kit????
Old 08-02-2003, 07:10 PM
Restricted User

*pulling my hair, grinding my teeth, slapping myself, and beating head into wall very hard and violent right now*

Cool. patiently waiting.
Old 08-03-2003, 05:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

better put on the straight jacket before you hurt yourself.wait some more.
Old 08-04-2003, 10:28 PM

Nevermine, I just bought the NOSzel Direct port system and gonna make some major POWER!!!!
Old 08-05-2003, 08:03 AM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am sure happy I didn't send in $1140.00 for this kit a month ago!!!!!! Nothing like tying up money for no product. I would love to buy this kit, but may be able to get the old fashioned NX kit NIB for about $350 and just use thin until the new kit comes out.

SDB
Old 08-05-2003, 09:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Our price for the kit is $1149.99 and you can save a little $ if you place your order online. Any orders placed for this won't be charged until they are ready to go. Hopefully that happens in a few weeks.

Tom
Old 08-06-2003, 09:04 PM
Teching In

Don't hold your breath.

I volunteered to be a mule car back in December. They (NX) told me that they were all set with three cars and the kit would be out just after the first of the year. I've since had the money then spent it four times now waiting for them. I had started prepping my car for nitrous, but I've since gone back to running NA.
Old 08-07-2003, 09:39 PM

Doing some research and found out that there is some misc problems being worked out, Since this kit is a new product there are always things (bugs) that have to be worked out so if it takes longer it may be worth it in the long run. Most manufacturer's come out with a new product only to strive to make it better the following year and they do most of the time...Its something to think about IMO.
Old 08-13-2003, 12:51 AM
TECH Junkie

What's the diff between this kit and the NOS NOSzle kit? Also, (know this is probably a dumb question) why is this kit better than say a TNT F2? Also, are the fuel injectors moved out of where they normally sit and now sitting in that rail that comes with the kit? Would that cause problems? I'm new to nitrous, so please explain everything about this kit to me, cuz I've heard some good things about it, but not really sure the differences, but definately might be interested, especially since I heard it might do less damage to the bottom ends cuz it distributes the nitrous evenly or something like that! Thanks!
Old 08-13-2003, 04:32 AM
Restricted User

Devon, may I suggest you do a search in this section first....pay particular attention to "The colonels nitrous files" as linked to in any of 383LQ4's posts. Then if you have any ? pop em up.

At least you didnt say NOS....thats a start.
Old 08-13-2003, 11:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Devon, may I suggest you do a search in this section first....pay particular attention to "The colonels nitrous files" as linked to in any of 383LQ4's posts. Then if you have any ? pop em up.

At least you didnt say NOS....thats a start.
Thanks man, i've done some searching, but haven't really found much explaining these kits out to me and the benefits of it over the others. I'll try a little more searching, and also posted my own questions in a thread last night (hopefully get some answers). And are you kiddin me, of course i'd never say Nawwws, or whatever the **** it is the ricers call it (dumbasses)!! It's Nitrous, N2O, Spray, or Juice! NOS is a company (something the dumbass ricers don't understand I guess)!
Old 08-13-2003, 11:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

The NOSzle kit and the NX NXL are both direct port setups that are designed to be an easy install (compared to conventional direct port systems). They're both adjustable from 100-300hp.

A typical nitrous system you see sold for the LS1's uses a single jet that shoots nitrous into the intake airstream near the MAF. The downside to that, is you don't always get even nitrous distribution to all the cylinders. The direct port setups (NOSzle and NXL) solve this problem.
Old 08-13-2003, 11:25 AM
TECH Junkie

A typical nitrous system you see sold for the LS1's uses a single jet that shoots nitrous into the intake airstream near the MAF. The downside to that, is you don't always get even nitrous distribution to all the cylinders. The direct port setups (NOSzle and NXL) solve this problem.
Ok, so does that mean since everything is distributed evenly it puts less strain on the motor? Also, if everything is distributed evenly, do you get more power out of the shot? And would you be able to run a larger shot on a stock bottom end without bustin anything (like a 200 shot)?
Old 08-13-2003, 12:15 PM
Restricted User

Yes there is less strain at similar power levels, output power that is. Getting more power out of the shot...ok, with a wet/dry kit the theory works as the charge is entering the "dry" intake manifold, it is pulled into the front four cylinders first, and the rear four get less. And because it is a dry manifold, the wet kits have a tendancy to pool under lower velocity (3k rpm). So, the heavy cyl would get more and put out more, but the rears get less, thus the strain of an imbalanced system, as well the difference between advertised HP and actual. With the DP, and every cyl getting fed the same, it is a more efficient design and leads to more power output on same size shot. This I see at the track with my friends NOSzle kit, running small 65jets went the same or better ET and better mph than the wet kit on a 100shot. Larger shot, obviously this debateable.
I intend on progressively timing a 200shot, which I would not and have not attempted on a wet kit. I believe, and this is just me, that if timed right, the stock bottom will take it, for how long, dont know? Whats the right timing, well I plan on running the 150DP first and seeing how the car handles it, and then analyzing the power, traction, shift times and such to find out what the ramp up rate should be. But, again, this is just MHO and I will try it. Worse case scenario I build a forged bottom end, maybe stroker with all the left over pieces swept off the track and throw the 300shot on!
Old 08-13-2003, 02:05 PM
TECH Junkie

I had asked a friend about these kits who is knowledgeable on nitrous, and he said this: "By moving the injector out (away from the piston) you are affecting the spray pattern of the injector. Now, this may not cause an issue with a normal car, but if you are pushing the motor hard, it could cause a "dry spot" on the piston, which could eventually lead to piston damage or even failure." What do you guys think of that, cuz I was kind of thinkin that movin the injector out would cause some kind of problems too.
Old 08-13-2003, 02:22 PM
Restricted User

No, the R&D has shown it is not the case with either kit. My friends thought the same when the NOS kit came out, but it ended up running just as if it were stock placement when NA. And I know NXis putting even more into their R&D or else it owuld be sitting on my intake already.
Old 08-13-2003, 02:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Aight cool, cuz I just wanna know all this stuff b4 I decide! I basically just wanna get the best kit that will do the least damage and give me the most power!