Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

braided steel for entire brake system????

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 12:56 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default braided steel for entire brake system????

Is it possible to do this???? I'm wondering if it could be done to do the entire brake line system in braided steel versus hard line.... I"ve got leaks all over the place on my hardlines and i've had enough. I'm ready to install braided steel with AN fittings..... Is it possible???
Old 04-19-2008, 09:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is possible to do but it does not work well. You don't want braided line everywhere. You at least want to keep hard lines for some of the longer pieces (side to side/front to back). From what I understand, when you have long sections of braided line, they flex (expand/contract) too much giving you a mushy pedal. At least that is what I was told a few years ago when I asked that question at a race shop.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:14 AM
TJ
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fast377
It is possible to do but it does not work well. You don't want braided line everywhere. You at least want to keep hard lines for some of the longer pieces (side to side/front to back). From what I understand, when you have long sections of braided line, they flex (expand/contract) too much giving you a mushy pedal. At least that is what I was told a few years ago when I asked that question at a race shop.
100% correct. the less flex line the better, but it is required for removing calipers and for vibration. if you ran all hardline, it would eventually fatigue and crack. day, month, year. no set time.
good luck.