Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Need Help !! Wierd Thump Noise Coming From The Tranny Area , Help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 01:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation Need Help !! Wierd Thump Noise Coming From The Tranny Area , Help.

I have a 98 m6 trans am putting down about 435 hp to the wheels with a spec 3+ clutch and billit flywheel and a 12 bolt moser. well i recently put in the 12 bolt moser and when we put the stock aluminum drive shaft in the car it pushed the stock drive shaft up about an inch so the clearance from the back of the transmission to the drive shaft was close like a quarter inch and my mechanic said i will need a shorter drive shaft soon. well about a week ago i was in first gear about 2800 rpms and gave it like a romp and the car squated after that i heard like a noise that only happens when the clutch is in then goes away if i step on the clutch pedal.it sounds like a thump every like 5 seconds , like a tatink , tatink noise coming from the tranny area almost sounds like the driveshaft is hitting under the car, i just replace the ds with a steel custom made shorter one with new u joints and it still does the same noise . what can it be guys ? the tranny output shaft. my tranny shifts good and clutch feels good, tranny mount looks in tact. thanks for the help.