Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need help please, car is dead.

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2003, 11:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I need help please, car is dead.

I think my car is dead. I am installing a 98+ front end on my car, my friend asked if he could help. I told him to disconnect the battery and screw in one of thelower headlight brakets with a self tapping screw. I went in for some drinks, when I came out he started drilling and FAP FAP FAP, the car burst into sparks! He forgot to disconnect the battery and drilled into the main wire set that is low in front of the battery and leads to the fuse box. Half the wire are melted and the screw was melted also. This is the main set that leads to the red power connector then snakes in front of the battery around the other side to the fuse box. What am I looking at? Is the PCM fried? Will I have to replace the entire wire harness? How much is it gonna cost me. I am still in shock that a simple bumper swap just cost me my car.
Old 02-06-2003, 11:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: I need help please, car is dead.

I doubt the PCM is fried, though you'll probably have a LOT of blown fuses (but hey, that's their job). Replace the fuses, replace the melted wire and go from there, if the fuses did their job you should be ok
Old 02-06-2003, 02:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: I need help please, car is dead.

Thanks Horis, I went out and bought the fuseable links for the terminal, wires, fuses, shrink wrap, and a sodering tool to do the repair. I'll see if that solves the problem.