Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

motor goes back today!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 11:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default motor goes back today!

ok back to the 68 SS stroker project..... i loaded it on a tire in the bed of my truck wrapped it in 2 heavy duty plastic bags and duck taped it incase it rained and will be taking it to my engine builder after work..... hopefully we find exactly what happend to this engine as i followed all directions for break in and never even got to turn it pasrt 3,500 rpms while cruising up to road to see how it was running after i broke it in...... i knew imediatly something was bad wrong when i felt it had no power what so ever and didnt sound right on top of that...... one good thing is that it was built by a reputable race shop so if he inspects it to see where the problem was an if it was faulty product/cam lifter failure he said he will take care of calling and sending off product to lunati to see if i can get refunded atleast for the cam and lifters to help out with my new setup...... but the good thing is my last motor was gonna be around 500-550hp at the flywheel and this new roller setup with a better cam on top of that could be as much as 600-650hp at the crank..... its a car i only drive a few times a month and sits in the garage so i can go a lil radical with it but i still want it to last so i can only go so far with it..... honestly i was gonna be ok with 500hp but i guess i can stand for a lil more
Old 04-22-2008, 01:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck with it man, I am building something a little radical myself.