Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rpm transmissions

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 04:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default rpm transmissions

Any body use rpm trans. in Indiana? Good,bad?
Old 04-23-2008, 06:45 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

they are very good and customer service top notch have had a few rounds with them personally, However I am sure we could as well as other sponsors here fit your needs
Free Cooler, Free shipping always, 2 year warranty Trans/Coverter combos, No Core or Core charge, $150 LS1 core buy back, All trans Dyno Tested to Be sure it works when you get it.Customer videos, Tech Thread, Open 7 Days a Week! Call or http://opi.yahoo.com/online?u=performabuilt&m=g&t=2Click Banner for Website.
Not Just Built.....PerformaBuilt!

Last edited by performabuilt2; 04-23-2008 at 08:13 PM.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

got one i my car now. good guys to work with
Old 04-23-2008, 08:53 PM
Staging Lane

Anyone else?
Old 04-24-2008, 09:37 AM
12 Second Club

I have seen several people use them all of witch have had nothing but good things to say about them and have had them hold up for a very long time even when making big power.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have one of their transmissions about to go in. I will let you know how it holds up.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:39 PM
Teching In

I've had RPM trannys in 2 of my blown Vettes- my last one made 550rwhp and my current one makes 603rwhp......both have performed flawlessly. Rodney is top-notch and builds a solid tranny and his customer service is second to none. If you want some serious feedback you can do a search on the the corvetteforum. You'll see, it's all good.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've had a level V installed since about Dec. Seems to be working pretty well so far, but the true test will be how it does over time.

I talked to Rodney a few years back. He's a nice guy, but his business has grown tremendously, and unless you're a big vendor or going to drop $7k -$10k on one of his tranny conversions, he no longer has time to talk to the average Joe, at least that's what my experience was.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:27 PM
Launching!

I don't have one personally, but I have heard nothing but good things about them. RPM is also a 20 min drive for me ..w00tz
Old 04-25-2008, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have a level 4..Ive had it about 1 1/2 years..Runs flawless..I put down 435rwhp 407rwt
Old 04-26-2008, 08:19 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Gary98Z
I talked to Rodney a few years back. He's a nice guy, but his business has grown tremendously, and unless you're a big vendor or going to drop $7k -$10k on one of his tranny conversions, he no longer has time to talk to the average Joe, at least that's what my experience was.
I couldn't disagree more. Rodney personally called me after hours during the week to ask me some questions and give me an update on my tranny re-build.....we chatted for almost an hour. But, every situation is different. I'm not doubting your story.....just seems out of character for him.
Old 04-26-2008, 01:04 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rodney is good people IMHO. Never had to second guess his work. You won't go wrong buying from him.

g
Old 04-26-2008, 02:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Busa196
I couldn't disagree more. Rodney personally called me after hours during the week to ask me some questions and give me an update on my tranny re-build.....we chatted for almost an hour. But, every situation is different. I'm not doubting your story.....just seems out of character for him.
Stories like yours is why I went with them. To be fair, I did buy it from a sponsor instead of going direct, so maybe that had something to do with it. Don't get me wrong...the tranny works well...which is by far and away the most important thing. They answered my questions, but I was dissappointed I couldn't talk/email to him personally. There were some questions I had that I would receive conflicting answers on, so I wanted to hear from him direct.

I figured that as long as the tranny is working well, there's no real reason to keep bugging them, so I gave up.
Old 04-26-2008, 05:46 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary98Z
I've had a level V installed since about Dec. Seems to be working pretty well so far, but the true test will be how it does over time.

That is why business owners hire qualified people to run their business. He has I believe two top notch guy's doing this for him. Both of which know their stuff and I'm sure if they do not know the answer, they will get it and get back with you . As an owner you could spend all day on the phone only to not get a single thing done in the shop. I personally feel that he is doing the right thing. Rodney is a good friend and works his *** off every day in the shop as an owner. I can honestly say most owners do not work like he does. I do understand that you do take the time with some customers over others but there is only so many hours in the day. I've got a great example that happened last week. We had a customer call that really wanted to talk to Chuck the owner of the shop here at FLT. Our guy Andy who answered the phone explained that Chuck was in the shop building a trans and is there something he could do for him. He said that he had to talk to Chuck. Andy says ok well give me your name and number and he will call you back. Customer says I need to ask him a question. Andy says what is the question and I will ask him for you.....What kind of oil do I put in my trans? My point is a lot of questions do not need to go through the owner to get right answer. Hell they keep me off the phone because I am a builder not a technical service phone guy. I do help out when I have time but building transmissions is our business. If we do not do as such, any business will be done. Simply put. Vince