Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

T56 vs. M4

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 11:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default T56 vs. M4

Has anyove out there went from the 6 speed to the 4l60. I am currently running a 6 and really considering going auto, but not just a th350 or 400, I want the overdrive. My car does not like the idea of speed shifting and I know I am giving up at least a half second or more by granny shifting. I need to get that power to the ground. Anyone out there can lend a hand?
Old 04-24-2008, 05:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you want an auto just sell the car you have now and buy one. M6 cars usually cost more on the open market too, so if its in good shape you could probably have money left over for mods. It's not easy or cheap to swap manual to auto or vice versa. Plus the M6s are rare enough as it is. On the other hand if you are bent on keeping the same car, which is understandable, then it is possible.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went from an auto to a manual, and the conversion wasnt too bad. however i believe when going from a manual to an auto your prolly going to hafta get a whole new transmission harness since there is no way to adapt the m6 harness, also it will probably be a real challenge to get the interior harness for the shifter assembly to work with it. From my point of view doing the auto to manual isnt too hard, but going from manual to auto would be pretty difficult. just my .02, i just might not be adventurous enough..

Quick Reply: T56 vs. M4