Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

stiffer springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 07:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stiffer springs

Im looking for a spring that will be a little bit stiffer, but not lower my car. Is there one someone can reccomend to me? I was looking at some of the sponsers sites and found this http://www.spohn.net/?action=product&pid=1062 but it looks to be just a stock replacement.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Look for 1LE springs.
You have stock shocks right? Why do you want stiffer springs?
Old 04-25-2008, 06:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think they are stock... they are orange? what kind are those? I just figure it will handle better with stiffer springs? I dunno I'm new to all the suspension stuff.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by hlaalu
I think they are stock... they are orange? what kind are those? I just figure it will handle better with stiffer springs? I dunno I'm new to all the suspension stuff.
Stock shocks are orange/black and called DeCarbons. Simply put, they are horrible and by far the weakest link on our cars. If you want to go for handling, replacing the stock shocks should be a high #1 on the list. They control how the car feels and behaves. If you ever notice a "floaty/disconnected" feel at higher speeds its because the shocks are not doing their job. If the car is unstable and uncomfortable(jarring) on bumps, its because the shocks are not doing their job.
I replaced my stockers with Koni 4/3 and no other suspension mods. It was a total night and day difference in ride quality, handling, feel, and how the car behaved around turns. In comparison it made the stock suspension feel like a boat. Search "Koni" to get an idea.
I would suggest calling Sam Strano @ stranoparts.com, he can explain anything you don't understand.