Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

2006 SE-R Altima wants F.I.

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 09:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2006 SE-R Altima wants F.I.

my cousin is wanting to either supercharge or turbo his altima. he came to me lookin for advice but i don't know too much about forced induction so i need yalls help. what would yall recommend supercharger or turbo (single or twin). also, do yall know of any kits for this car? he said he was lookin around and they have kits for the regular altima's but none have been released for his, which is the special edition 'racing' series altima. it came with exhaust and some rims and racing suspension. here are the specs i've gathered about the car

2006 SE-R Altima
3.5 V-6
6 speed manual tranny

thanks for the help in advance guys!
Old 04-24-2008, 11:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Silver35thZ
my cousin is wanting to either supercharge or turbo his altima. he came to me lookin for advice but i don't know too much about forced induction so i need yalls help. what would yall recommend supercharger or turbo (single or twin). also, do yall know of any kits for this car? he said he was lookin around and they have kits for the regular altima's but none have been released for his, which is the special edition 'racing' series altima. it came with exhaust and some rims and racing suspension. here are the specs i've gathered about the car

2006 SE-R Altima
3.5 V-6
6 speed manual tranny

thanks for the help in advance guys!

Basically the same as the 2006 Maxima my wife has. There are no "kits" to my knowledge. Sure you could fab something up, but the PCM tuning would be your downfall. There are no recalibration kits for the Altima/Maxima 3.5L (like HP Tuners type). Might be a couple aftermarket import places that can "tune" it, but it would be hit or miss. Manufacturers make FI kits and PCM reprogrammers based on "demand". Really isn't much demand for those cars.

BUT........check w/ EPP. They do a SC kit for the 350Z. It's not exactly the same as the Altima 3.5 (the 350Z has variable intake and exhaust timing vs variable intake only for the Maxima/Altima), but the general tuning algorithm should be similiar. They might be able to help you out.

Good luck.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:05 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks man, i appreciate the help and advice!
Old 04-25-2008, 12:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could get an aftermarket ECM.