Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just a small leak... I think, just got a few q's

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 12:30 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just a small leak... I think, just got a few q's

My 98 A4 stock tranny is leaking. It only leaks when I dont drive the car for a few days. It is that minor right now. Of course i dont want it to get any worst. Just recently I went out of town and left her in the garage. I finally pulled her out of the garage after 6 days and i noticed the leak. I checked the liquid and it looked dark red, so that obviously told me that it was tranny fluid. So my next step was to drive it around the block a few times and let it get warmed up and park it on a level surface and put the parking break and stick it in nuetral. While idling and in nuetral I pulled the dipstick out and it was not much lower than the last time I checked it (about 3 months ago) but i am afraid if this continues its going to eventually lose all the fluid, and mess up my tranny. I am just asking for recommendations now. Should I go the filter and gasket from my local auto parts store (Ie: Autozone/Advanced)? If so what part numbers are they? Anything specific? Also, are the gaskets on the tranny pan rubber? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.