Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

95 TA muffler/fuel pump???

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 95 TA muffler/fuel pump???

I have a 95 TA w/ a LT1 and im wondering if there is a spot weld which helps hold the muffler on or if it is just the clamp? Im trying to replace my fuel pump and i dont have the extra cash to replace the muffler/exhaust right now.. My only problem is that the muffler is rusted where the main pipe goes into it.. Does anyone have any ideas on what to try without wreckin the muffler... If all else fails will it hurt the motor to run without a muffler for a little while...??? THANKS!!!
Old 04-26-2008, 01:49 AM

I got it off with 'yield' and letting it sit. then prying a litle with a screw driver.. Then more 'yield' and the it broke loose and i was able to get it off.. There isnt any damage from the screw driver either... awesome......
Old 04-26-2008, 01:50 AM

does anybody know if there would be any effects either good or bad from running the car with no muffler (LT1)? Thanks....
Old 05-02-2008, 02:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

With no muffler it would be like running SLP loudmouth catback, BTW You should of just made a access hole in the trunk to get to the fuel pump. Wont have to worry about exhaust and Dropping the axle.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by 7901 WS6
With no muffler it would be like running SLP loudmouth catback, BTW You should of just made a access hole in the trunk to get to the fuel pump. Wont have to worry about exhaust and Dropping the axle.
yea well i got so pissed and all that the access door is exactly what i did Started the first try and runs perfect now...Thanks for the reply...