Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Lowered front end's

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 04:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lowered front end's

Has anyone lowered just the front of their car to give it that old muscle car look? Pics?

I wona do this because I have 315's in the back and they already rub on the stock height after beating in the wheel well's.
Thanks!
Old 04-26-2008, 10:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had mine like that for a little while. My car is lowered with sportlines. I got tired of dragging my exhaust on the speed bumps at my apartment, so I put the stock rear springs with the hose mod in (easier to do than the front) to raise it enough to clear the speed bumps.

To me, it looked retarded. So I put the rear sportlines back in and I'm waiting till sam gets springs in stock.

Now, if you went with a spring that just lowered the front a tiny bit (like strano springs) then in might look okay.
Old 04-26-2008, 10:19 PM
Launching!

My car "looks" lowered only in front, but actually has Hotchkis springs on all corners. I didn't take the rubber isolator off, so it has that "old skool rake" to it. However, it won't be this way for long...I will remove the isolators within the next week or so.

The pics below are actually immediately after I installed the wheels. It is super slammed in front now after the springs had a chance to settle.
Attached Thumbnails Lowered front end's-ccw500mounted2.jpg   Lowered front end's-ccw500mounted4.jpg  
Old 04-26-2008, 10:24 PM
TECH Addict

Just roll your fender lips and you will be set to lower it
Old 04-26-2008, 10:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A good number of the 04-06 GTOs are set up exactly this way with the "old School Rake" using Pedders suspensions. I'm dropped 1 inch in front and rasied 5/16 in the rear from stock. Pedders already has upgrades being produced and installed in the G8 and have a line ready to be produced for the new Camaro. ...the rake is back.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

I had pro kit springs front and stockers rear with the hose mod on my old car. It had a very nice aggressive stance.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:38 AM
12 Second Club

I cut 2 coils on front and just 1 on rear in this pic.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Didnt know you could cut the coils on the front.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:10 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 95GreenZ28
Just roll your fender lips and you will be set to lower it
I would, but thats not the problem, its the inside that rub's not the outside.

Smokinlt1 I dig the Camaro with the front down. Anyone got a TA with the front end down?
Old 04-28-2008, 01:28 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by novajess1972
My car "looks" lowered only in front, but actually has Hotchkis springs on all corners. I didn't take the rubber isolator off, so it has that "old skool rake" to it. However, it won't be this way for long...I will remove the isolators within the next week or so.

The pics below are actually immediately after I installed the wheels. It is super slammed in front now after the springs had a chance to settle.

Okay, so I couldn't wait a week Slid under the car this morning before church to remove the rubber isolators. Sits more level now.

Here are pics of it and the daily driver.
Attached Thumbnails Lowered front end's-z28_sunday1.jpg   Lowered front end's-z28_titan1.jpg  
Old 04-28-2008, 10:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Wingman WS6

Smokinlt1 I dig the Camaro with the front down. Anyone got a TA with the front end down?
Does it rub only on one particular side? An adjustable PHB can position your rear axle side to side.

Regardless, if you still have stock bumpstop locations, the rubbing is on the side and you will have the same max suspension travel if you lower the car. You will rub no matter what.

Actually I have a theory and I'm not sure if I'm right or not, but wouldn't the stock springs and with the more body sway they allow cause the tires to rub more?

A very small spacer might assist. I run a 3/16 spacer on each side, but I also upgraded to ARP wheel studs.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:19 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by skewba98z28
I had pro kit springs front and stockers rear with the hose mod on my old car. It had a very nice aggressive stance.
ive got the same setup on my ta. i got tired of bottoming out the rear on bumps and the progressive rate rears rode like **** so i put the stockers back in the rear w/o the isolators. another half inch in the rear would be better though, imo. a bit too much of a rake

time for bfh mod to your wheel wells

its raining right now and i dont have a camera at the office, but ill see if i can take a pic in the next day or two.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:56 AM
12 Second Club

I used a hammer head bit for my air hammer at work and went to town. Wroked great for me.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:56 AM
Staging Lane

Have a prokit on the front of my car and stockers in the back. It doesnt look bad I'll have to find some pics. I had it lowered in the back with 315 Nittos then I got BFG's and had to raise it back up.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:58 PM
On The Tree

Sorry for the late post, my crappy apt complex has been without internet for the past couple of days

I had a shop go to town on it with their air hammer and its only on the driver side rear that it rubs. Some parts wouldn’t go in any more.

I have an aftermarket Spohn panhard bar, but it is not adjustable, you think an adjustable one would help out that much more of a difference? It only rubs on right turns, witch makes me think that it would rub more if it was lowered.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:30 PM
On The Tree

Sorry for the late post, my crappy apt complex has been without internet for the past couple of days

I had a shop go to town on it with their air hammer and its only on the driver side rear that it rubs. Some parts wouldn’t go in any more.

I have an aftermarket Spohn panhard bar, but it is not adjustable, you think an adjustable one would help out that much more of a difference? It only rubs on right turns, witch makes me think that it would rub more if it was lowered.
adjustable makes a world of difference in a lowered car. my rear had to be adjusted about half an inch after being lowered on prokit springs. i never bothered to check how it lined up at stock height. do you have your isolators out in the rear? that could account for the rear being off center due to the slightly lower ride height
Old 04-30-2008, 01:19 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by phantazn
adjustable makes a world of difference in a lowered car. my rear had to be adjusted about half an inch after being lowered on prokit springs. i never bothered to check how it lined up at stock height. do you have your isolators out in the rear? that could account for the rear being off center due to the slightly lower ride height
I haven’t lowered it yet, that is the plan but was way to worried about the rub in the back getting even worse. The car is at stock ride height right now and from what I'm gathering I should get and adjustable pan hard bar and adjust the driver side?

Quick Reply: Lowered front end's