Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Brake Opinion

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 04:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Opinion

I need yall opinion on these brakes. Have anybody ever used these or know anyone who did. Are they a good product for the f-bodys? I might be getting new rims and need some better looking brake and I just came accross theses.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...229471577&rd=1
Old 04-26-2008, 07:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't believe in cross-drilled rotors for street use. I have seen too many rotors cracking at the holes, and since most people fail to inspect their brakes regularly, I feel this is asking for trouble. Besides, with todays pad compounds, there is no need. A plain flat rotor is fine for street use. There is some thought that a slotted only rotor does help with cleaning the pads, but does shorten pad life to some degree.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For regular driving you wont notice a difference between those and regular rotors. And as far as cracking is concerned all you would need to do is countersink (chamfer) the holes and you wont need to worry about it. Personally im running hawk hps pads and drilled and slotted rotors. No cracking and i have had that combo on for prolly 30k miles and i still have alot of meat on the pads. The end result is up to you. I think the drilled and slotted rotors look much nicer, but there is no added or lost performance between the two