PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paging Harlan ... got some electronic questions

Old 08-04-2003, 01:05 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Paging Harlan ... got some electronic questions

I read about your Drag CAGS and I would really like to know how is it going. Have you tried using your RPM switch to activate for MPH instead? You could either tap the VSS out from the PCM or get the raw reading from the sensor in the tranny. Let say you have a 6800 rpm shift point. In 3rd gear with 3.73 gears and 26-inch tires, you would be doing about108mph. So if it sees that speed, it would engage the CAGS to lock other gear except 4th. In fact, add a clutch disengage trip switch, an engine RPM switch, and a small delay circuit so it does engage at any other times but at 6800rpm, 108mph, and with the clutch pedal pushed in. The reason I am strongly into this unit is because I just spend 3 days and almost a grand fixing my valvetrain after a mis-shift from 3rd back to 2nd. This would also work in keep high HP car from going in the overdrive gears under high loads and breaking them. I know there are other out there that want to see this. I am just a wrench turner and not an electronics engineer. I thought I would give you some ideas. Can I see a show of hands that are interested in this?
Old 08-04-2003, 10:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Paging Harlan ... got some electronic questions

i had read somewhere on this board, somebody got that to work, using a harlan light. If i remember correctly the guy lived near me (orlando/longwood FL) but i have never seen the guy in person, to talk to, but i read it on this, or the other site, about a year ago i think.

There has also been a couple posts on the of people using edit to do this, with the cags function. try a search, and see if anything can be found.

Ryan.
Old 08-04-2003, 11:07 AM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Paging Harlan ... got some electronic questions

Using LS1edit, it should be possible to implement that using just the PCM. I tried this and didn't have any luck, but I think it may have been because I changed to 4.11 gears. Look under Transmission Calibration, M6 CAGS in edit and you will see that there is a speed range, load range, and %TPS. If these features work right, that should be all you would need.

Search this Thread