Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who's flipped the ats mounts... lsx in a 70 velle

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 11:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Who's flipped the ats mounts... lsx in a 70 velle

ive searched for hours on this topic, and i still havent found the answers that i need. im looking for someone that used the ats/autokraft/s&p mounts (all exactally the same) and have made an lsx motor fit in their chevelle. ive found guys that have used the ats mounts, but placed a spacer underneath. nobody said whether they tried them while flipped.

heres what i have so far.....

stock crossmember painted bc/cc ... dont want to notch now
ats mounts
short and wide frame mount
autokraft pan to be ordered soon

whos used the above parts? what about headers? ive read some people in the initial mock up with the edelbrocks, but is anybody on the street with them? is anybody running the aftermarket accessory drives? does anyone make them minus the a/c?

so far i called ats and autokraft and they both said that the mounts SHOULD work when flipped. anybody have a definite answer?

thanks, Tim
Old 04-27-2008, 09:20 AM
TECH Resident

uh, ats/autokraft/s&p are NOT exactly the same. S&P puts the mounts right side up, ATS & AutoKraft flip the mounts upside down.

Here's an AutoKraft mount installed:

And here's what S&P looks like (note, wrong poly mount installed on it--too thick):

But yes, you could flip either of them (swap sides). Might need to do a little grinding to get them to fit if you flip them.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:35 AM
On The Tree

thanks for the reply. both autokraft and ats said that the mounts could be flipped with no work. just flip them and swap sides. all three mounts put the holes in the exact same spot.

what did you use them for?

thanks, Tim
Old 04-27-2008, 09:45 AM
TECH Resident

I'm using the AutokKraft plates in my '68 Camaro.

The S&P pic is from 67rsss' '67 Camaro.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:34 PM
Staging Lane

all the chevelle guys I ever talked to said they flips there ATs Mounts even on ATS website it tell you to flip them
Old 04-27-2008, 03:34 PM
On The Tree

again, i dont know for sure, but i guess i read their site a little different. i thought they meant that they designed them already flipped which became the correct way to install when using the ats mounts. doing it this way would put the ats letters right side up. this would also allow the motor to sit a little lower.

but, in order to gain that height back, you can flip the ats mounts up side down which would make them exactally the same as the s&p mounts. this would make the ats lettering up side down.

Tim
Old 04-27-2008, 04:12 PM
Staging Lane

yeah you will want to make sure that the symbol ATS is upside down on a bodys
Old 04-29-2008, 08:36 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 430 hp 70
ive searched for hours on this topic, and i still havent found the answers that i need. im looking for someone that used the ats/autokraft/s&p mounts (all exactally the same) and have made an lsx motor fit in their chevelle. ive found guys that have used the ats mounts, but placed a spacer underneath. nobody said whether they tried them while flipped.

heres what i have so far.....

stock crossmember painted bc/cc ... dont want to notch now
ats mounts
short and wide frame mount
autokraft pan to be ordered soon

whos used the above parts? what about headers? ive read some people in the initial mock up with the edelbrocks, but is anybody on the street with them? is anybody running the aftermarket accessory drives? does anyone make them minus the a/c?

so far i called ats and autokraft and they both said that the mounts SHOULD work when flipped. anybody have a definite answer?

thanks, Tim

Take a look at my posts, I made a set of BRP mounts and got everything to fit perfect. You will need to relocate the perches bolted to the frame. I would second think the notching of the frame if you are running AC. You can save a lot of money not using aftermarket pulleys.

Quick Reply: Who's flipped the ats mounts... lsx in a 70 velle