Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need a built 4L80E or a rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 10:16 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I need a built 4L80E or a rebuild

my trans is really f'd up. I've been having a weird whistling sound coming from the truck ever since I got it back, actually, for the past year plus. I thought it was either in the stereo system or a vacuum leak. NOPE, it was my trans.

it is slipping pretty bad and now that I know what that feels like I can definitely say it has been doing it for a long time. It now will free rev in 3rd gear up to 4000rpm. yikes. No wonder I don't like driving the truck. The power isn't getting to the rear wheels.

Anyway, I need either a rebuild or a new trans. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I see we have at least 2 sponsors that do transmissions. I'm hoping to avoid downtime because this is my only vehicle. I'm open to suggestions though.

I'm also unsure of the condition of the converter. It's a Yank SC3000 that I installed 20,000 miles ago. I bought it used.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have the various sponsors selling there trannies and then there's Hughes, Gearstar (if you are wealthy) and others....

I noticed GM performance also sells a couple versions of the 4L85-E...one of them a beefed up "Supermatic"....
Old 04-29-2008, 12:55 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you would like to discuss some options feel free to give me a call here at the shop. I help guys in your situation all the time.

g
Old 05-01-2008, 10:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the replies. I found a local shop that is going to do it next week.