Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

have a problem need help

Old 04-27-2008, 04:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default have a problem need help

well im sure ive fried my trans , the fluid is black , shifts good though but at low load i am getting a mean shutter if i goose it it pulls through it brand new tires engine not throwing any codes car has 40,000 on it with nitrous , trans is stock ls1 camaro anyone know about this i figured it would slip if it was going bad but u joints checked out , pinion angle is acceptable and engine is fine why the violant shutter ? need help
Old 04-27-2008, 04:46 PM
TECH Regular

What he meant to say is.......

well im sure i have fried my transmission.The fluid is black but it still shifts good . But at a low load i am getting a mean shutter and if i goose it it pulls through the shutter. It has brand new tires and the engine is not throwing any codes. The car has 40,000 on it with nitrous.The trans is the stock ls1 camaro trans. Anyone know anything about this, i figured it would slip if it was going bad. The u joints checked out, pinion angle is acceptable, and engine is fine. why the violent shutter? need help

This might help people understand what you are trying to say. If you want help you should put more time into making a post, that makes sense to people that read it. I don't have any suggestions that would help you but at least people can understand what you are saying now.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:37 PM
On The Tree

thanks , and sorry , i was in a hurry basically , Ive got a mean vibration that isnt , engine, tire,or suspension related. ive never had a trans shutter on me though , its a violant shutter, just wondering if anyone has heard or had an experiance in such a thing , thanks
Old 04-27-2008, 10:05 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

It does indead sound like the trans is done and a slipping clutch can shutter/chatter

Call 888-744-6542

Old 04-28-2008, 06:30 PM
On The Tree

just gave you a call we will be doing business very soon thanks

Search this Thread