Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loosing power upon launch

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 11:20 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loosing power upon launch

The car is bogging after i launch it. I'm not sure if i'm spinning excessively and hitting the rev limiter or its shifting into second too early. I launch it spins and cuts power then it picks back up and runs great but not such a good ET. Out of five runs i only got one good one. What should i look at in the tuning that could cause this. It also idles all over the place on different runs, maybe the IAC is acting up causing it to surge? Another theory is that i am loading up the plugs still at the line? I do clear the car out before i stage it. I am running in open loop. Any ideas?
Old 04-28-2008, 12:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you have any logging software?

Bill
Old 04-28-2008, 04:21 PM
TECH Regular

No, i just have a Diablo hand held. I can look at real time data i guess. My tuner looked at everything last week before i ran and put it in Open loop. I'm just not sure if the car is hitting the limiter on launch and cutting power or shifting into second prematurely and bogging then picking back up or number three still loading up the plugs and then clearing out. I am going to try and get it back up to the tuner this week before i run again. I guess this year will be an experiment.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:53 PM
TECH Regular

Any suggestions anybody?