Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Random misfire at WOT...

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 11:35 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Random misfire at WOT...

Over the past few weeks, my car has started to have a pretty bad miss at WOT. It started as just a slight miss the instant you hammered on it, but now if I get on it the engine will continue to pull but miss and shutter pretty bad. I can cruise around all day with no issues until hard acceleration. With the cam, its hard to say if it idles any worse than normal, but it does take two or three tries to crank which it has never done before this issue started. The plug and wires have less than 10k on them so I doubt they are the issue. I've had no codes thrown and I don't have a scan tool so any ideas where to start? Thanks guys.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:56 PM
11 Second Club

It doesn't do it so bad from a roll, but from a stop its bad enough to make you let off. Any ideas?
Old 04-30-2008, 03:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Check your fuel pressure.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:57 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey I had the same thing happen to me when I changed out my headers, turned out there was a small crack in one of my spark plugs, but I would double check the plugs, could have the same issue as me, sorry I am a newb this is the only advice for this problem I can give.... Hope it helps..
Old 05-06-2008, 08:45 AM
11 Second Club

It was actually more like the car was shutting off than a miss. Its hard to explaing but for a split second it would shut down and then pick right back up and it kept repeating the process. I unplugged the maf and now it doesn't do it. Is it just a bad maf?
Old 05-15-2008, 10:20 PM
Teching In

sounds like its the maf to me. If you unplug a sensor and there is a change in the run condition for the better...it tends to mean that it is bad. Very common in TPS and IAC