View Full Version : I thought Evos were quicker than this?

TireSm0ke
04-29-2008, 03:35 PM
So last night on my way back from a movie with my girlfriend, I see this Evo 9 pacing me all the way down santa monica blvd. He had an exhaust and a pretty loud bov so I figured he was pretty quick. He pulls up along side me with this shit eating grin on his face and were doing about 40mph and he punches it, with his bov going off... I thought I was screwed because he got the jump and my tranny slips like hell but I punch it and blow past him, literally putting a bus length on him and then I shut down because of a red light up ahead.The light turns green and he does the infamous ricer fly-by, so I say fuck it ill smoke him again. I catch up to him at about 50mph and walked him again. We pull up to a light at the same time and he wouldnt even look at me, but his girl was laughing. He takes off from the light really hard, taking me from the launch but after about 2 seconds I was side by side with him and then pulled on him like crazy, putting bus lengths on him yet again, before I shut down at around 110. My only mods are a lid and a catback and my tranny slips. I though even stock evos were quicker than this, yet alone a modded one?

kilgothephenom
04-29-2008, 04:24 PM
Putting a blow off valve on the Evo IX's actually hurt it's performance. He also probably just had an exhaust. This may sound odd, but how did it smell? If you couldn't really smell it, it was probably just a catback, which doesn't do much for those cars. If you smelled a foul/fuel/oil aroma, it probably means he was catless. Thus, he more than likely had a turboback, which would yield around 15hp.

Good kill!

2000T/A Guru
04-29-2008, 04:26 PM
Well with a ful lexahust and a tune you can pick up 50hp -60with the evo 9. I gutted my down pipe and tuned my legacy and picked up 57wheel horsepower

toslo5o
04-29-2008, 04:27 PM
Putting a blow off valve on the Evo IX's actually hurt it's performance. He also probably just had an exhaust. This may sound odd, but how did it smell? If you couldn't really smell it, it was probably just a catback, which doesn't do much for those cars. If you smelled a foul/fuel/oil aroma, it probably means he was catless. Thus, he more than likely had a turboback, which would yield around 15hp.

Good kill!

the BOV is true.... but stock they're turds imo. from a roll they're a joke

ONEBADASSWS6
04-29-2008, 05:41 PM
Well, you just experienced whats its like to run a 230WHP econoturd on the highway :funny:

Everyone talks up Evos like they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. The truth couldn't be farther from it. Frankly, its gotten to the point where its just plain annoying, every ricer and his brother talks about how their dream car is an Evo.

What happened to the days when people aspired to own nice cars?? Why the hell anyone would be stupid enough to pay $35,000 for a 4 cylinder Mitsubishi Lancer sedan is beyond me. I guess I'm from the old school, where buying a nice car meant you actually got a nice car, not a tarted-up mitsubishi.

boostedinaz
04-29-2008, 06:09 PM
I guess that last ban was only temporary. Damn.

toslo5o
04-29-2008, 06:20 PM
yea ppl even think that they can run with a rx-7 fd

toslo5o
04-29-2008, 06:22 PM
ever since that damn f&f movie came out...tho i like the part with the semi truck...beautiful

2000T/A Guru
04-29-2008, 06:22 PM
yea ppl even think that they can run with a rx-7 fd

WTF are you talking about

LS1nut377
04-29-2008, 06:44 PM
Well, you just experienced whats its like to run a 230WHP econoturd on the highway :funny:

Everyone talks up Evos like they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. The truth couldn't be farther from it. .

hahaha funny thats the truth. there is one at the local jiffy lube in town and he think its bad stuff, but i caught him leaving one day and he nailed it and i was doing about 40 ,clutched 2nd a little and pulled 3-4 cars on him before third. he turned at light:D

stockz
04-29-2008, 06:59 PM
Nice kill.. also could need driver mod.. not saying it would make the race better ..but a good driver can help.. a friend bought an evo the old owner went 790's.. new owner 730.. AS IT WAS .. i know thats not allot but.. just saying .. may have needed a driver Mod ALSO :D

Nice kill again

kilgothephenom
04-29-2008, 08:22 PM
Evo's only have good quarter mile times because of their launching capabilities. From a roll, that HUGE advantage they have is taken away, and they become much slower.

To put it in laymen's terms, the only reason they are a mid 13 second car is because they can get 1.6-1.9 60ft times STOCK. If they didn't have AWD, they'd be around a 13.9-14.2 second car. Thus, from a roll, they become about as fast as a S2000, 350Z, E36 M3, etc.

That's why many people say they, as well as STI's, are "slow" from a roll.

CuNfUzEd
04-29-2008, 08:32 PM
Evo guys kill me. I remeber going to a street meet and watching a guy in a red Evo fucking with some of the lesser cars. We get to the spot, do some racing, get run off by cops. On the way out to the next site I see said Evo and pull up next to him. I arm my N2O as to make it as painful as possible for him. I look over and he looks at me like why are you picking on me!LOL I'll give it to him......he tried.
The train lengths I put on him where quite satisfying. So we make it to the next spot a few minutes later. I end up seeing the guy and head over his way. I figured I would shake his hand for not being a bitch right. As I walk up I hear " I don't know why those dumb ass Fbody guys always have to fuck with us. Hell I am barely modded and some fag screwed with me on the way here".
I, at that point realized something. You can't win either way with an Evo douche. You are either a dumbestic POS or big ol meanie!LOL

End of rant

COD02SS
04-29-2008, 08:33 PM

Everyone talks up Evos like they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. The truth couldn't be farther from it. Frankly, its gotten to the point where its just plain annoying, every ricer and his brother talks about how their dream car is an Evo.

What happened to the days when people aspired to own nice cars?? Why the hell anyone would be stupid enough to pay $35,000 for a 4 cylinder Mitsubishi Lancer sedan is beyond me. I guess I'm from the old school, where buying a nice car meant you actually got a nice car, not a tarted-up mitsubishi.

You're so right. They're all slow from a roll :lol: Imagine how bad it would have killed that C5 from a dig

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zkYMy4c5ZY

"Old Schoolers" Crack me up so much

kilgothephenom
04-29-2008, 08:35 PM
You're so right. They're all slow from a roll :lol: Imagine how bad it would have killed that C5 from a dig

Whoopty do?! They have more money poured into that Evo than it is worth. Any car can be fast with the right amount of money. We are talking about STOCK Evo's, and that is NOWHERE NEAR stock.

CuNfUzEd
04-29-2008, 08:36 PM

NICE!! Fast cars!:D

toslo5o
04-29-2008, 08:39 PM
Whoopty do?! They have more money poured into that Evo than it is worth. Any car can be fast with the right amount of money. We are talking about STOCK Evo's, and that is NOWHERE NEAR stock.

hahaha i've seen more than a few chevettes, mavericks,pintos ect runin 9's but thats cause their friggin sweet man yea

toslo5o
04-29-2008, 08:40 PM

hahaha i've seen more than a few chevettes, mavericks,pintos ect runin 9's but thats cause their friggin sweet man yea:eyes:

dsmfan95
04-29-2008, 09:48 PM

Good kill!

Which part of NC are you from?

Robdevo
04-29-2008, 10:25 PM
You know, just about every car group has thier dumbasses. I own an Evo, but mainly hang out with Domestics, mainly because they are top of the food chain here in Hickville Oklahoma.

I really love the debate about how much cheaper you can make "X" car go fast vs another car. I find that other than the initial cost of the car, it really takes a lot of the same ammount of money to make a car go fast once you hit a certain point.

To me, it's not really only how fast your car is, it is how you carry yourself. Some lose sight of when it used to be fun, and get all bent out of shape, some keep it in perspective and keep it fun.

TireSm0ke
04-29-2008, 10:25 PM
Thanks guys, my respect for evos went down alot last night, I expected them to be somewhat quick. But even when we went from a dig it only took me a few seconds to put lengths on him. You should have all seen the look on his face haha

CuNfUzEd
04-29-2008, 10:35 PM
You know, just about every car group has thier dumbasses. I own an Evo, but mainly hang out with Domestics, mainly because they are top of the food chain here in Hickville Oklahoma.

I really love the debate about how much cheaper you can make "X" car go fast vs another car. I find that other than the initial cost of the car, it really takes a lot of the same ammount of money to make a car go fast once you hit a certain point.

To me, it's not really only how fast your car is, it is how you carry yourself. Some lose sight of when it used to be fun, and get all bent out of shape, some keep it in perspective and keep it fun.

What part of OK are you from?

kilgothephenom
04-29-2008, 10:45 PM
Which part of NC are you from?

Matthews. Literally 5 minutes from the Charlotte border. I assume you live in NC as well?

ONEBADASSWS6
04-29-2008, 11:19 PM

That car has more money into it than the original cost of the car.

Lets get a Z06 with $35,000 into it and see who wins.

Ricers lose no matter how you look at it. One video of a one-of-a-kind car proves nothing except some ricers have a lot of money to waste making shitty cars fast.

dsmfan95
04-30-2008, 12:43 AM
Matthews. Literally 5 minutes from the Charlotte border. I assume you live in NC as well?

I'm from the Statesville area :chug:

kevind
04-30-2008, 01:19 AM
Ricers lose no matter how you look at it. One video of a one-of-a-kind car proves nothing except some ricers have a lot of money to waste making shitty cars fast.

:jest:

every post of yours makes me laugh. i still think you have a Japanese car, i just haven't put my finger on which one yet. one of these days your going to slip and everyone will know what you drive (cause it definitely isn't a WS6) :devil:

LS1nut377
04-30-2008, 07:13 AM
You know, just about every car group has thier dumbasses. I own an Evo

hahahaha ^^^ nothing else said :gtfo:

z28voodoo
04-30-2008, 09:10 AM

but i would still own the z06...

dailydriver
04-30-2008, 02:12 PM

Here. I'll reply for all of the I.D.L. boieez;

"But, but who keeps their car stock anymore? There is NO such thing as stock, it does not exist!" :lol:

COD02SS
04-30-2008, 02:13 PM
but i would still own the z06...

You're one of few

S8ER95Z
04-30-2008, 02:37 PM
Here. I'll reply for all of the I.D.L. boieez;

"But, but who keeps their car stock anymore? There is NO such thing as stock, it does not exist!" :lol:

That's when I chime in and say "Look over here... I don't exist" :secret2:

toslo5o
04-30-2008, 02:48 PM
You're one of few

! seriously? i like some imports even ricer style on a ricer car... but get real. i even own an rx-7 i'm preping it for an ls1 swap since the rotarys are so....blah

dailydriver
04-30-2008, 02:49 PM
You're one of few

If he's "one of few", then WHY do YOU supposedly have a deposit on a new C6 instead of your fastest thing on earth AMS Evo?????? :confused:

toslo5o
04-30-2008, 02:53 PM
That's when I chime in and say "Look over here... I don't exist" :secret2:

yea me either, oh and we can't run low 13's either

LS1nut377
04-30-2008, 03:48 PM
hahaha please the fuckin gt35 bearly was ahead but the z06 was pulling past him the higher they went. how about a 408 with a little more , and about 100 shot, that should do it byby VIN

ONEBADASSWS6
04-30-2008, 04:02 PM
You're one of few

Only a true ricer would drive a piece of shit like that over a Z06, regardless of how fast it is.

Not everyone likes ugly, undriveable, unstreetable, unreliable riceburners that sound like fat bastard shitting his pants.

ONEBADASSWS6
04-30-2008, 04:05 PM
hahaha please the fuckin gt35 bearly was ahead but the z06 was pulling past him the higher they went. how about a 408 with a little more , and about 100 shot, that should do it byby VIN

Well thats how ricers roll.

Compare a fully built Evo to car with less than 1/4 of the amount of money in mods invested in it.

I guess its just not interesting for the import trolls when Evos get their asses stopmed out by build Domestics though. Then they have nothing to cheer for and beat off to.

S8ER95Z
04-30-2008, 04:33 PM
There is a lot of ignorance on this site... I am honestly ashamed that some of you are trying to pass yourselves off as 'car enthusiest'....

LS1nut377
04-30-2008, 04:38 PM
There is a lot of ignorance on this site... I am honestly ashamed that some of you are trying to pass yourselves off as 'car enthusiest'....

hey im an enthusiest, of my car:D

boostedinaz
04-30-2008, 04:39 PM

You'll get used to it once you figure out who they are. The nice part is that most of them get banned from time to time. The bad part is they end up coming back.

ONEBADASSWS6
04-30-2008, 04:41 PM

:eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes:

Save it for someone who cares. You don't have to like every damn car on the planet to be a car enthusiast.

Thats like saying you're not a sports enthusiast if you don't like every team in the league. Use some common sense and stop trying to act like you're better than anyone else because we don't like a certain type or brand of car.

b.lee
04-30-2008, 04:41 PM
hey im an enthusiest, of my car:D

Amen.

This comes to mind,

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j145/blee0303/kurt2.jpg

b.lee
04-30-2008, 04:43 PM

Save it for someone who cares. You don't have to like every damn car on the planet to be a car enthusiast.

Thats like saying you're not a sports enthusiast if you don't like every team in the league. Use some common sense and stop trying to act like you're better than anyone else because we don't like a certain type or brand of car.

Amen again.

ONEBADASSWS6
04-30-2008, 04:44 PM
You'll get used to it once you figure out who they are. The nice part is that most of them get banned from time to time. The bad part is they end up coming back.

Yea, ricers get banned on this site all the time. I'm surprised you're still around with all your import trolling.

LS1nut377
04-30-2008, 04:45 PM

yupyupyup:nod:

boostedinaz
04-30-2008, 04:49 PM
Yea, ricers get banned on this site all the time. I'm surprised you're still around with all your import trolling.

You also get banned all the time so what's the difference? :confused:

Why would I get banned and not be around? I can carry on a conversation with tact and explain my point of view without acting like an asshole. I bet once you do the same you will stop getting banned from the site "you defend" so much. Kinda ironic isn't it. :jest:

ONEBADASSWS6
04-30-2008, 04:52 PM
You also get banned all the time so what's the difference? :confused:

Why would I get banned and not be around? I can carry on a conversation with tact and explain my point of view without acting like an asshole. I bet once you do the same you will stop getting banned from the site "you defend" so much. Kinda ironic isn't it. :jest:

Yea, all the time. I've been here for over a year though somehow :eyes:

You act like an asshole in all your posts, and you're more than swift to stick up for any import. Save the bullshit for someone who doesn't see through your transparent motives.

boostedinaz
04-30-2008, 05:01 PM
Yea, all the time. I've been here for over a year though somehow :eyes:

You act like an asshole in all your posts, and you're more than swift to stick up for any import. Save the bullshit for someone who doesn't see through your transparent motives.

I have been here for 3 years so what. You have still be banned a few times. Granted they are only temporary bans, but banned non the less. My "import trolling" ass has never been banned.

Really, I act like an asshole in all my post? :lol: Ok, sure, if you say so.

I defend incorrect information no matter the make and model of car that information pertains to. Unfortunatly, on this particual site, a majority of that information is regarding imports. On Import sites I defend domestics car as well, but I am sure you already knew that.

Kinda funny how your supposed description of me fits you to a tee. Again kind of ironic. :jest:

dailydriver
04-30-2008, 05:44 PM
So boosted, since I am such an evil, ignorant, "misinformed" domestic defender, WHY haven't I been banned yet?? :lol:

LS1nut377
04-30-2008, 05:49 PM
thats the LS1 way :lol:

2000T/A Guru
04-30-2008, 05:50 PM
So boosted, since I am such an evil, ignorant, "misinformed" domestic defender, WHY haven't I been banned yet?? :lol:

Because of a thing called pity, weak people with small minds recieve it all the time.

dailydriver
04-30-2008, 05:53 PM
Because of a thing called pity, weak people with small minds recieve it all the time.

So your Pissy Chrissy, since he is soooo strong with such a large, powerful, expansive mind<-:eyes: :eyes:, dosen't deserve pity? :lol:

:gtfo: and go back to playing with your TOYzz. :rice:

thunderstruck507
04-30-2008, 05:53 PM
a friend beat a local decently modded evo that claimed to run high 11s in his 3rd gen with an lt1/t56 camaro with the lt4 hotcam (ran 13.0 flat at Tulsa on street tires with bad wheel hop)

it was great because he was a cocky little shit all the ricers at sonic praised...his response when my friend asked him to race was "you sure you want to go that route?"

then "i'm on race gas tonight" then "i dont want to waste my time on a camaro"

finally my buddy just followed him and egged him into running from 30 twice and 50, beat him bad the first 2 times and still by 2 cars from 50

boostedinaz
04-30-2008, 05:55 PM

You can get your point across without acting like an asshole.

2000T/A Guru
04-30-2008, 05:56 PM
So your Pissy Chrissy, since he is soooo strong with such a large, powerful, expansive mind<-:eyes: :eyes:, dosen't deserve pity? :lol:

:gtfo: ricetard.

Pissy Chrissy? I didnt say anything about anybody else in that post just explaining why you havent been ban.

dailydriver
04-30-2008, 06:07 PM
Pissy Chrissy? I didnt say anything about anybody else in that post just explaining why you havent been ban.

IF you've ever seen his posts (unless you ARE him, wouldn't suprise me one bit), you would understand what I was saying.
But maybe not, since you think alike.

2000T/A Guru
04-30-2008, 06:15 PM
Yah i dont know who that is, i just recently started coming on these forums since i was ban from ls1.com, and now that i dont have dsl i cant just change my ip with the push of a button.

dailydriver
04-30-2008, 06:43 PM
Yah i dont know who that is, i just recently started coming on these forums since i was ban from ls1.com, and now that i dont have dsl i cant just change my ip with the push of a button.

Why were you banned from there??

LS1nut377
04-30-2008, 06:50 PM
rice burners should be in circuses for all the clowns and carnies to drive hahaha :lol:

flash0080
04-30-2008, 07:29 PM

Good kill!

How does putting a blow off valve on the evo hurt its performance?Ive never heard that just wondering.

Irunelevens
04-30-2008, 08:29 PM
How does putting a blow off valve on the evo hurt its performance?Ive never heard that just wondering.

If I'm not mistaken, it has to due with how the MAF meters air... since the stock bypass system uses recirculation, you're actually taking away air that the computer thinks the car is still using. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

flash0080
04-30-2008, 09:26 PM
So they run draw-through mass air instead of blow-through.Ok now that makes since.Your right that on a draw-through system metered air should be recirculated.

ONEBADASSWS6
04-30-2008, 09:37 PM
Why were you banned from there??

Import trolling.

And no, I'm not kidding.

He had multiple names on LS1.com.

kilgothephenom
04-30-2008, 11:42 PM
Only a true ricer would drive a piece of shit like that over a Z06, regardless of how fast it is.

I would have to completely agree. I may not put it in as mean of terms, but i definitely agree. :D

S8ER95Z
05-01-2008, 08:46 AM
thats the LS1 way :lol:

Unfortunately you just hit the nail on the head...

It's called ignorance because a lot of the posting isn't anything more than ignorant comments regarding 'ricers' being slow and peices of shit.

It's not that you guys 'don't like Evos' it's that you show your true colors for anything NOT a domestic. Get over yourselfs...F-Bodys are giant peices of shit with a good engine, hell I own one and I can admit to it.:chug:

LS1nut377
05-01-2008, 09:01 AM

It's called ignorance because a lot of the posting isn't anything more than ignorant comments regarding 'ricers' being slow and peices of shit.

It's not that you guys 'don't like Evos' it's that you show your true colors for anything NOT a domestic. Get over yourselfs...F-Bodys are giant peices of shit with a good engine, hell I own one and I can admit to it.:chug:

mabe yours is a piece of shit but mine is not! dumb fuck! no i dont like evo's either, i can admit that some are fast, but i hate those damn things mabe you havent encountered ricers in the form that most have:confused:

CuNfUzEd
05-01-2008, 10:15 AM

STFU!!! You commy bastard!!!!!:bang:

2000T/A Guru
05-01-2008, 11:18 AM
Lol, i like f-bodys all around, all cars have minor problems, my legacy has some rattles and its a 05 and doesnt have t-tops lol. If i wanted an rx-7 or 240 wit ha ls1 i would have bought 1, they sell for less then alot of f-bodys. The engine is great, the T56 is amazing, t-tops and the styling of a T/A is unbeatable in my eyes, just the rear end needs to go.

dailydriver
05-01-2008, 02:53 PM

I think LS1nut377 was referring to how we (LS1Tech) must (and DO) accept the import fanboieee trollboyzz on here, but ANY domestic praising/stories or even trolling is verboten on their rice sites and cause for an INSTANT ban.
THAT is probably what he is referring to as the "LS1Tech way".

I do not call all of your imports "slow", or "pieces of shit". :nono:
Hell, I even like some of the designs/engineering/etc., believe it or not.
But I still refuse to ever buy/own one, and I also will not stand for import/rice fanboyzz calling me "ignorant, dumbass, rednecked, mulleted, nazi, racist,etc." nor ANY of their other kneejerk BS monikers for that above stance!!!
I am just sick and tired of this WHOLE country's thinking (it's not just the ricetards) that import nameplates = MUST be; PERFECT/FAST/INFALLIBLE, and domestic nameplates MUST be; P.O.S./SLOW/FALL APART BEFORE LEAVING THE DEALER"S LOT bull f'ing shit!!!
The import fanboyzz' 'telephone game' :bs: also is kind of funny, but pisses me off at the same time because it stems from the above national sheeple mentality somewhat.

But it is funny that MY "giant piece of shit with a good engine" has lasted me > 100K miles of TOTAL abuse/daily driving with little to no
problems. :confused:
Others on here have even more miles on theirs with bigger power setups (spray, HC, FI, etc.) than mine and even MORE abuse with very few problems.
But because YOU (and all of the ricetards) say so, they MUST be abject "pieces of shit", right??
Why don't you join bobistheoilguy.com (you'd fit in GREAT over there with the GM/domestic BASHING azzclowns), and get yourself an import if you hate the thing sooo much??

S8ER95Z
05-01-2008, 03:49 PM
Wow... you pretty much have all verified that the term ignorant is spot on (in the very sense of the word.. if you think it's knee jerk please grab yourself a dictionary).

I don't own an EVO because it's not my thing.. doesn't mean I have to be an elitist and bash on it just because it's an import and thus 'a ricer'. Sad.

As far as bashing on the F-Body...I can rightfully do so with little regard to your 'feelings' on the matter... this is my 2nd and after 7 years of owning them (an LT1 and my LS1) it's hard to put my car on a one on one comparison with another car without price being a factor and claiming my car to be superior to another product. I am extremely happy with my car but even compared to an EVO my car fails to shine in anything but straightline acceleration. I guess I can handle living in reality... apparently alone.

dailydriver
05-01-2008, 04:51 PM
I never called an Evo a "ricer" as you claim.

Also, PLEASE, oh so holy, wise, and uppity brainiac explain to me how refusing to buy/own an import nameplate is "ignorant" as you claim?

So what are you going to compare your (yes, I know you don't own one) 'perfect' :rolleyes: build quality Evo with without bringing price into the equation??

ONEBADASSWS6
05-01-2008, 04:59 PM

Speak for yourself. F-bodies aren't "pieces of shit", my car is pretty damn well built overall. If you hate your car so much sell it to someone who will take care of it and buy on one your piece of shit imports that you seem to love so much.

And why does everyone have to like/respect Evos?? There is no ignorance, some people just simply don't like the car, myself included. Its ugly, slow, and sounds like dog shit. Its not about ignorance, its about taste, and if you own and Evo you obviously have non of the latter.

180ls1
05-01-2008, 05:09 PM
If I'm not mistaken, it has to due with how the MAF meters air... since the stock bypass system uses recirculation, you're actually taking away air that the computer thinks the car is still using. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

yes that is correct, most factory cars will lose power from a non oem bov. But they still sound kinda cool if that counts for anything.

ONEBADASSWS6
05-01-2008, 05:20 PM
Wow... you pretty much have all verified that the term ignorant is spot on (in the very sense of the word.. if you think it's knee jerk please grab yourself a dictionary).

I don't own an EVO because it's not my thing.. doesn't mean I have to be an elitist and bash on it just because it's an import and thus 'a ricer'. Sad.

As far as bashing on the F-Body...I can rightfully do so with little regard to your 'feelings' on the matter... this is my 2nd and after 7 years of owning them (an LT1 and my LS1) it's hard to put my car on a one on one comparison with another car without price being a factor and claiming my car to be superior to another product. I am extremely happy with my car but even compared to an EVO my car fails to shine in anything but straightline acceleration. I guess I can handle living in reality... apparently alone.

Ever heard of suspension upgrades?? F-bodies can me made to handle very well with the right mods, even stock they aren't bad. You're calling people ignorant when in fact you're the ignorant one, bashing your own car and praising imports like they are some kind of revelation. Evos build quality blows, the interiors are crap and everything falls apart. Just go on the evolution forums, all kinds of shit:

Water Leaks and Bad Wiring Harnesses (http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=342599)

Car Doesn't Run (http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=340424)

Mitsubishi Voiding All Warranties (http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=236911)

Broken Down (http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=341942)

Problems (http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=342244)

And of course, Mitsubishis crappy engine issues (http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=188126)

Transmission and Transfer Case Carnage (http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=342690)

There are so many threads I could post this stuff all day long...bottom line is your import superiority complex is all in your head, you're obviously too ignorant to actually go out and research or do anything first hand, so you just regurgitate whatever you hear. And you end up looking like an idiot.

COD02SS
05-01-2008, 06:30 PM
I post one video and the whole thread goes to hell :lol:

ONEBADASSWS6
05-01-2008, 06:36 PM
I post one video and the whole thread goes to hell :lol:

Well, for some reason you felt it necessary to pull the rice card and post up some gay fully built evo beating up on cars with less than half as much invested. Yea, that generally starts shit :eyes:

boostedinaz
05-01-2008, 08:37 PM
Well, for some reason you felt it necessary to pull the rice card and post up some gay fully built evo beating up on cars with less than half as much invested. Yea, that generally starts shit :eyes:

and you feel it necessary to pull the money card. If the guy can afford to mod his EVO who gives a shit.

ONEBADASSWS6
05-01-2008, 10:05 PM
and you feel it necessary to pull the money card. If the guy can afford to mod his EVO who gives a shit.

Well obviously I give a shit smartass. If he would race cars with as much money in mods invested as he has, he'd be getting his ass handed to him. But he'd rather beat up on cars with substantially less modifications than his in order to make himself and his shitty car look better. After all, thats the ricer mentality.

CuNfUzEd
05-01-2008, 10:09 PM
LOL That needs to be a new racing bracket!!! No longer worry about times a car runs. Show up with your receipts and race off those.

Come on dude.

GTO's are slow.

ONEBADASSWS6
05-01-2008, 10:30 PM
LOL That needs to be a new racing bracket!!! No longer worry about times a car runs. Show up with your receipts and race off those.

Come on dude.

GTO's are slow.

So fully built motor cars racing bolt on cars is fair?? :eyes:

All I'm saying is he should pick on someone who is as substantially modded as he is. He probably has the equivelent in mods of the purchase price of the car :eyes:

And whats this about GTO's being slow?? :poke:

CuNfUzEd
05-01-2008, 10:32 PM

All I'm saying is he should pick on someone who is as substantially modded as he is. He probably has the equivelent in mods of the purchase price of the car :eyes:

LOL It's a on going thing I have with the goat boys.:D

Irunelevens
05-01-2008, 10:42 PM

So if you got a forged rotating assembly and a good h/c/i setup, you wouldn't go out and race bolt-on Z06s? And if you won, you wouldn't take pride in it?

ONEBADASSWS6
05-01-2008, 10:59 PM
So if you got a forged rotating assembly and a good h/c/i setup, you wouldn't go out and race bolt-on Z06s? And if you won, you wouldn't take pride in it?

I wouldn't go out and challenge people with much less mods invested in their car who I know I'm going to beat. And then make a stupid video about it and post it on forums that I'm not even a member of, just to start shit. Its just completely pointless.

COD02SS
05-02-2008, 12:57 AM

How is a 600awhp EVO the "Rice" Card? Please tell us your definition of rice. Lemme guess.. Anything other then a car with a V8 and Rwd.

As for which car had more money invested.

C5 Z06 - 30K+
Vortech KIt - 5K
Built Shortblock - 3-4K
AFR Heads - 2K+

What makes you think the EVO had more into it then the C5. I bet it pisses you off that a little 4 banger with a turbo kicked the shit out of a built V8 with a blower.

"Technology is the Replacement for Displacement"... Gratuitous Supra comment inserted.

toslo5o
05-02-2008, 01:09 AM
How is a 600awhp EVO the "Rice" Card? Please tell us your definition of rice. Lemme guess.. Anything other then a car with a V8 and Rwd.

As for which car had more money invested.

C5 Z06 - 30K+
Vortech KIt - 5K
Built Shortblock - 3-4K
AFR Heads - 2K+

What makes you think the EVO had more into it then the C5. I bet it pisses you off that a little 4 banger with a turbo kicked the shit out of a built V8 with a blower.

"Technology is the Replacement for Displacement"... Gratuitous Supra comment inserted.

im sure it takes more than 40k to build an evo like that

COD02SS
05-02-2008, 01:13 AM
im sure it takes more than 40k to build an evo like that

The AMS stroker kit is 3K...

http://www.amsperformance.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=22_44_296&products_id=94

Not sure what kind of turbo they are using.. GT35R = 1200 dollars, Cams = 600+

4G63 is a VERY flexible engine platform.

S8ER95Z
05-02-2008, 09:26 AM
Wow I am an import fan boy...ok. (since i've never owned ANY import other than my Camaro which is about as imported as it can get haha)...

What I am saying is you guys bashing all imports for no reason other than 'taste' which is subjective is ignorant. Rip on it because it can't handle, or it costs too much, or the interior is cheaply made, or the radio is subpar, etc... but just to rip on it because... *crickets*... You only make yourself look bad (well to everyone except the other people you have swinging from your anti-import nutsack)..

As far as listing problems..do you really want to go there? We have hundreds of pages full of problems posted on this forum... that's about as close to naive as you can get.

boostedinaz
05-02-2008, 10:39 AM
Well obviously I give a shit smartass. If he would race cars with as much money in mods invested as he has, he'd be getting his ass handed to him. But he'd rather beat up on cars with substantially less modifications than his in order to make himself and his shitty car look better. After all, thats the ricer mentality.

Looks to me like he raced a car that was modified enough to make more WHP than the EVO.

More gay rice excuses from the guy who hates rice. You have no idea what the guy has spent on his EVO. Even if you did who cares the guy has the wallet to make the power. By your "thinkin" (I use that term loosly) nothing would be a fare race for a 5.0 because they can be made very fast for very little.

I wouldn't go out and challenge people with much less mods invested in their car who I know I'm going to beat. And then make a stupid video about it and post it on forums that I'm not even a member of, just to start shit. Its just completely pointless.

Really...... a car putting down slightly less power knows he is going to beat a car with slightly more power. Let me guess the EVO owner knew he was making more HP, the EVO owner made the vide and inflated the Vettes numbers just to be cooler. What other ricer excuse are you going to throw out?

Seriously. :jest:

I would like to apologize to everyone on this board that thought ETs, HP, and trap speed were the stardards for performance. We have all been decieved. It is now very aparent that money is the true indicator of performance. It doesn't matter if both cars make similar power we now should break down dollar per HP to get the appropriate information. If one car A has spent more money to make similar power then car B will get a specific amount of lengths per dollar in order to make things "even".

Soon the NHRA will start handing out Wallys, not for the quickest car, but for the best budget build.

dailydriver
05-02-2008, 12:53 PM

http://www.amsperformance.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=22_44_296&products_id=94

Agreed that money should not be a factor except for the old tried and true adage that "ANYTHING can be made fast with enough time, money and testing".
BUT, IF you are trying to show what kind of 'bargain' your Evo is then maybe you should add into the Evo's costs ALL of the cost of the shop time/R&D/testing/tuning, etc. that AMS can just 'write off' (for THAT particular Evo) being a tuner shop??
I'll bet that adds up to one pretty penny, no?

dsmfan95
05-02-2008, 01:07 PM
Agreed that money should not be a factor except for the old tried and true adage that "ANYTHING can be made fast with enough time, money and testing".
BUT, IF you are trying to show what kind of 'bargain' your Evo is then maybe you should add into the Evo's costs ALL of the cost of the shop time/R&D/testing/tuning, etc. that AMS can just 'write off' (for THAT particular Evo) being a tuner shop??

Probably even more so now. That car has been rid of that setup for a while. He threw on a bigger turbo, made 300whp more (on the same motor) and disappeared after a few videos. I'm sure he's got a pretty penny in the car. Not considering that he only runs C16 in that thing.

COD02SS
05-02-2008, 01:08 PM

I wasn't trying to say that the EVO is a bargin. I only posted the video because some jackass said that EVO's are slow from a roll. Both cars were badass in the video.

boostedinaz
05-02-2008, 01:23 PM

Agreed. Are they the cheapest car to modify, not at all, but they aren't the most expensive either.

CoastieWS6
05-02-2008, 01:33 PM
WOW someone :lock: this thread. Come on people this is :supergay: as hell to fight on the internet. All I have to say is I love my country and i'm in the USCG, but everyone on this thread is saying they will only drive a domestic car and think they are supporting an American company. Well your not when most people on LS1 tech bought a used T/A or Camaro including myself! If you buy the new camaro coming out, then that is different. If you want to put money in the US then buy American gas and not foreign gas such as ExxonMobil. You will have to man up and pay a lil more for american gas. This is my .02:nod:

jimmy169
05-02-2008, 02:16 PM
haha, onedumbassws6 getting owned by his own crowd once again, and we're the one's who are supposed to be the trolls as he like's to say.

Has he ever proven that he has a WS6 yet, I remember him being called out on it numurous time's...

To the poster above me, these threads always get locked thanks to him, he has to jump into every evo thread and spew page's and page's of bs, touting his ignorance on eeevery page as if it's fact, it's pathetic how naive he is...

dailydriver
05-02-2008, 03:32 PM
Well your not when most people on LS1 tech bought a used T/A or Camaro including myself!

So I guess that I'm the only one on here who bought their f body brand new?? :confused:
I had to order it in fact (FULL delete 1SC).

COD02SS
05-02-2008, 04:22 PM
haha, onedumbassws6 getting owned by his own crowd once again, and we're the one's who are supposed to be the trolls as he like's to say.

Has he ever proven that he has a WS6 yet, I remember him being called out on it numurous time's...

To the poster above me, these threads always get locked thanks to him, he has to jump into every evo thread and spew page's and page's of bs, touting his ignorance on eeevery page as if it's fact, it's pathetic how naive he is...

Onebad just has a 1990 Civic hatch that he thinks is a WS6

CoastieWS6
05-02-2008, 04:22 PM
So I guess that I'm the only one on here who bought their f body brand new?? :confused:
I had to order it in fact (FULL delete 1SC).

Negative, I said (Most) . But lets be honest here, most of us that are 27 and younger did not buy a new T/A or camaro. My point is it doesn't matter if you buy a new import or domestic car, because none are made 100% by there country. Gas on the other hand is either imported or domestic. So my question is, If your a domestic fan do you only use american oil and gas or are you being a hypocrite? This question is for people who only buy domestic cars.

dailydriver
05-02-2008, 04:41 PM
Negative, I said (Most) . But lets be honest here, most of us that are 27 and younger did not buy a new T/A or camaro. My point is it doesn't matter if you buy a new import or domestic car, because none are made 100% by there country. Gas on the other hand is either imported or domestic. So my question is, If your a domestic fan do you only use american oil and gas or are you being a hypocrite? This question is for people who only buy domestic cars.

Well I am NOT 27 or younger, maybe that's why I have some sense of time and history/tradition.
I also remember when your 'perfect' Japanese cars were the biggest piles of shit on the road!
Unlike gen rice.

But anyway, HOW do YOU know exactly which company's fuels are 110% domestic sourced 100% of the time??
Please list the companies.
Marathon maybe??

COD02SS
05-02-2008, 04:49 PM
Well I am NOT 27 or younger, maybe that's why I have some sense of time and history/tradition.
I also remember when your 'perfect' Japanese cars were the biggest piles of shit on the road!
Unlike gen rice.

But anyway, HOW do YOU know exactly which company's fuels are 110% domestic sourced 100% of the time??
Marathon maybe??

History and Tradition.. :lol:

Do you really think that car company's CARE if you think that way?

CoastieWS6
05-02-2008, 05:09 PM
Unlike gen rice.

Marathon maybe??

I know who they are because i'm in the millitary (USCG) and we only buy fuel from American companys and foreign country companys that are allied with America. We have a list on my ship and I'll post them up Sunday. ( i have duty Sunday :bang:)

ONEBADASSWS6
05-02-2008, 07:25 PM

If you think thats all he has invested in that car, you are an idiot.

So its safe to assume that you honestly think thats all he has invested in the car.

jimmy169
05-02-2008, 07:28 PM
If you think thats all he has invested in that car, you are an idiot.

So its safe to assume that you honestly think thats all he has invested in the car.

How would you know, you don't know ANYTHING about evo's, you don't know anything about ANYTHING. Can't believe you of all people are calling other's idiots...

ONEBADASSWS6
05-02-2008, 07:35 PM
How would you know, you don't know ANYTHING about evo's, you don't know anything about ANYTHING. Can't believe you of all people are calling other's idiots...

Yea, I don't know anything at all.

If you actually read the threads instead of just posting bullshit, you'd see I was working on an Evo the other day, which happened to fail a radiator pressure test, because the idiot owner was running 30PSI daily.

When you know something besides how to post on the internet, come back and start shit. Until then, shut the fuck up.

dailydriver
05-03-2008, 02:40 PM
I know who they are because i'm in the millitary (USCG) and we only buy fuel from American companys and foreign country companys that are allied with America. We have a list on my ship and I'll post them up Sunday. ( i have duty Sunday :bang:)

Well first off, THANK YOU for your service to this country!! :thumb: :usa:

Next, I am happy to hear that our military does this as procedure.
I can only hope it is the same for any/all other suppliers, for ALL of the other products that are needed (given that they are still available as sourced from U.S. manufacturers)!!

dsmfan95
05-03-2008, 02:59 PM
Here is a list I found of where suppliers get their oil:

These companies import Middle Eastern oil:

Shell......................... 205,742,000 barrels
Chevron/Texaco......... 144,332,000 barrels
Exxon/Mobil...... ....... 130,082,000 barrels
Marathon/Speedway... 117,740,000 barrels
Amoco..........................62,231,000 barrels

Citgo gas is from South America, from a Dictator who hates Americans. If
you do the math at $30/barrel, these imports amount to over $18 BILLION!
(oil is now $90 - $100 a barrel).

Here are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern oil:

Sunoco.................0 barrels
Conoco.................0 barrels
Sinclair.................0 barrels
BP/Phillips.............0 barrels
BR Hess................0 barrels
ARC0....................0 barrels

CuNfUzEd
05-03-2008, 03:10 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^Good info^^^^^^^^^^

Robdevo
05-03-2008, 03:29 PM
Yea, I don't know anything at all.

If you actually read the threads instead of just posting bullshit, you'd see I was working on an Evo the other day, which happened to fail a radiator pressure test, because the idiot owner was running 30PSI daily.

When you know something besides how to post on the internet, come back and start shit. Until then, shut the fuck up.

I think the guy had more problems then just you working on it (although it seems you know more about Evo's than LS1's, which isn't much mind you). Especially if he was running 30psi of boost through his radiator. :punch:

*Note: yes I took this out of context, since I am a ricer I can do this.*

dailydriver
05-03-2008, 03:54 PM
Here is a list I found of where suppliers get their oil:

Yeah, thanks!

IF this is correct, it looks like I may be going back to Sunoco.

CuNfUzEd
05-03-2008, 04:09 PM
I think the guy had more problems then just you working on it (although it seems you know more about Evo's than LS1's, which isn't much mind you). Especially if he was running 30psi of boost through his radiator. :punch:

LOL Yeah I was wondering what 30# of boost had to do with his radiator also!LOL

dsmfan95
05-03-2008, 05:37 PM
Yeah, thanks!

IF this is correct, it looks like I may be going back to Sunoco.

I just found it on another forum, but it says you can go to the Dept of Energy website and find the same information.

I run E85, so it doesn't matter much to me anyways :angel:

mabbott74
05-03-2008, 06:28 PM
That car has more money into it than the original cost of the car.

Lets get a Z06 with $35,000 into it and see who wins.

Wtf did you come up with these numbers? Getting an EVO that fast takes about 12k. So, lets say 33k (new EVO) + 12k (mods) makes the car 45k. Base price on a C5 Vette (non Z06) is ~43k (depending on year, up to 45k). So, now you have a Z06 (probably what... 65k?) WITH a PC, which is probably 10-12K (not installing yourself). That makes that car close to 80k. Oh, wait, the Z06 is built too... so even more money added.

mabbott74
05-03-2008, 06:39 PM

That analogy is horrible. Being enthusiastic about sports (thus a sports enthusiast) has nothing to do with the teams. Liking/respecting the sport comes first, then the picking of favorite teams with in the sport.

A sports enthusiast might not like all SPORTS, but would at least respect all sports and not constantly talk shit about the ones they do not like, or the people who like them; enless they are immature.

mabbott74
05-03-2008, 06:47 PM
a friend beat a local decently modded evo that claimed to run high 11s in his 3rd gen with an lt1/t56 camaro with the lt4 hotcam (ran 13.0 flat at Tulsa on street tires with bad wheel hop)

it was great because he was a cocky little shit all the ricers at sonic praised...his response when my friend asked him to race was "you sure you want to go that route?"

then "i'm on race gas tonight" then "i dont want to waste my time on a camaro"

finally my buddy just followed him and egged him into running from 30 twice and 50, beat him bad the first 2 times and still by 2 cars from 50

Valliant, OK? I went to school there in '89.

mabbott74
05-03-2008, 07:04 PM

Less than half as much invested? Procharger + Forged Internals + AFR Heads 'ect...' is less than say 6k?

ONEBADASSWS6
05-04-2008, 02:58 AM

You obviously know absolutely nothing about even your own piece of shit car.

Ever heard of a blown head gasket riceboy?? Thats what happens when you push 30PSI of boost through your stock engine. And blown head gaskets tend to fail cooling system pressure tests. Not that you would understand that in the first place, though.

Mabbott74 - GTFO. You joined just this week and have zero posts, another worthless troll joins the brigade.

Sarge_13
05-04-2008, 12:40 PM
You obviously know absolutely nothing about even your own piece of shit car.

Ever heard of a blown head gasket riceboy?? Thats what happens when you push 30PSI of boost through your stock engine. And blown head gaskets tend to fail cooling system pressure tests. Not that you would understand that in the first place, though.

Mabbott74 - GTFO. You joined just this week and have zero posts, another worthless troll joins the brigade.

:rotflmao:
Get the sand outta your vag and then come back fuckstick. :eyes:
You're just pissy that even the new guy is owning you :lol:

unit213
05-04-2008, 03:14 PM
Several casualties in this thread. ;)

dailydriver
05-04-2008, 03:44 PM
Several casualties in this thread. ;)

Think mabbott 74 is Chrissy??

CuNfUzEd
05-04-2008, 03:53 PM
R.I.P. Onedumbassws6.lol

mabbott74
05-04-2008, 04:48 PM
No, I am not whomever Chrissy is.

I am a close friend of Robdevo and joined to look at the drama on the thread (I do almost nothing at work and am bored). I had to register to post, so I did. I asked some valid questions reguarding posts made by mr. banned.

Only response I get is him calling me a troll :ripped:.