PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

afr, tune problem

Old 04-29-2008, 08:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default afr, tune problem

ok i been working on and off for a year on my cammed ls1 z, ive never got the afr or the tune quite right. when i had it on the dyno, the tuner had a hard time with it, and my afr was all over the place. ive got no vacuum leaks.
i tuned a little of it myself and got it idling decent. my exhaust still smells bad(but of course it will cause i dont have cats) but it smells pig rich. my plugs still get suit on them. i know thats a sign of running rich.
i think one of my plugs is fouled. now whenever i start it up it runs like it has a miss, when it warms up it goes away. its wierd.
i tried unplugging the maf and it seems to run smoother in speed density mode. i figured a possible bad maf.
heres a copy of my scan. tell me what you make of it. i dont know alot about hp tuners. would appreciate any help.
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
z2832308.hpl (61.7 KB, 281 views)
Old 04-29-2008, 10:29 PM

any help?
Old 04-30-2008, 02:20 PM
TECH Resident

you do have a wideband correct? I have efi live so I cannot look that that file, sorry.

you have seen the power enrichment table (PE) for fueling? your car will take the richer of the PE and OLF table... so take your OLF table and lean it out and lower the condition values to go into PE mode, use PE mode and your car will follow it to a T.

there might be some steps i left out in the middle there...but you basically want the car to run off PE mode and go by its fueling. I have have had no problem with my car this way for 5+ years

Search this Thread