Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Now there is another problem with my M/C

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 08:40 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Now there is another problem with my M/C

So I was changing the fluid yesterday and we were bleading the slave and using a mighty vac. Well I was an idiot and was not paying attention to the resivior and let it suck dry. My new problem for that day is that I need to blees the master. So after an hour of dicking with getting the master cylinder line off the slave it wont bleed. Cant really use a mightvac on the quick disconnect. **after this me and my friend went to 4 different auto parts stores to find a new one and they dont have any. Autobone doesnt even know what that is. LOL who would have thought?** (back to the car) So now we have no vac and and I dont know what to do. We are trying to bleed the master (by pumping the clutch pedal and pushing in the plunger on the master cylinder feed line) and the clutch peddal will not build up pressure. Only a little fluid squirts out.

Now even if there is air in the master it should still build up some sort of pressure, right? Well It doesnt and that leads me to believe I need a new master. My dad is telling me since there is an air bubble in the master it is not letting it build up pressure. Please let me know guys.

Also my pedal was wierd which led me to believe that I needed a new master anyway. It would be soft, get stiff, and then get very soft towards the bottom.

I have a new GM master coming so give me some tips, please!
Old 04-30-2008, 06:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bench bleed it; it's not that hard to take off the master with 2 guys.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got the master off but I have a new one coming tomorrow so I am just going to put the new one on.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bench bleed it before installing it, takes all of 5-10 minutes.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:07 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol you did not **** up your master cylinder man! i had the same problem! and the key is too pressure bleed it with two people! you can try gravity bleeding it just to get some fluid in the line but if u pressure bleed the bitch, it will all be back to normal! and since the master is off now i guess u can do the drill mod while your there!