General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Best Electric water pump

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 09:46 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Best Electric water pump

Guys,

I've done a search and am not satisfied with the answers I found. I'm looking at going electric for my water pump. The reason is for "better cooling" while daily driving. I realize that a mechanical pumps "harder" as rpms' go up(it's belt driven) and that the electric is constant flow. That being said, what are the best options? Is the Meizer the way to go? or is there a better mechanical one that will flow at a higher rate while idling(stop & go traffic)?

Thanks in advance
Old 05-02-2008, 09:00 AM
TECH Regular

Thanks for everyones help................
Old 05-02-2008, 11:06 AM
12 Second Club

The Meziere is probably the best all around electric pump, but given it's high rev flow restrictions, and limited lifetime (MUCH less than most mechanical pumps) I would rather go with a good mechanical, high flow, really long life pump like the Evans.
I believe Edelbrock might be coming out with high flow/high perfromance pumps for LSxes as well, but I'm not sure.

Now if it is a limited use, purely drag race car, the Meziere cannot be beat for the hp it frees up, and the ability to cool the engine (with the engine itself not running) while sitting in the staging lanes between runs.