Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibration at 2100 rpm

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 11:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibration at 2100 rpm

I having a hard time tracking down this vibration I have and I need some help.

It starts to develop around 2100 rpm (and stays to 2300, so it a small band) consistently, but it often takes a few seconds to develop once that rpm is reached. It is most prominent in D (3rd) and comes in the form of cycle, changing once a second (pulsating?) - that is, it is strong, then weak, then strong, etc... Sort of like a VVVVVVVvvvvvvvvVVVVVVVVvvvvvvvv pattern, where the big V is where it is strong for a second, and the small v where it is less strong. Occassionally, on certain days, it is much more powerful, rattling the entire dash and console (trans cover) - this happens 1% of the time. It is not prevalent in any other gear or RPM range (and not under WOT).

It didn't develop after any specific mod. It simply appeared about a year ago and has remained ever since. But it has been there through 2 TCs (higher stall each time) and two UD pullies.

I am kind of puzzled right now, not knowing where to start. Could it be an unbalanced DS? Or a Tranny mount problem (at such a narrow rpm range)?
Old 08-05-2003, 09:42 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Vibration at 2100 rpm

I am only assuming that this is an engine related vibration, based on the facts, but I may be wrong. Any thoughts?

Quick Reply: Vibration at 2100 rpm