Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Anyone ever graduate from Navy DCA School

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 11:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever graduate from Navy DCA School

Just wondering as I do tomorrow. This school was very study intensive in my opinion. Stability definately had me on the ropes. I ended up with a good average but I can't count the endless nights studying until midnight..
Old 05-02-2008, 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is DCA school? I graduated from nuke school, but I dont remember what DCA school was. Is this for a commissioning or something?

The booze and ladies from college have wiped away most of my Navy memories...
Old 05-02-2008, 10:42 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JohnnyC
What is DCA school? I graduated from nuke school, but I dont remember what DCA school was. Is this for a commissioning or something?

The booze and ladies from college have wiped away most of my Navy memories...
DCA (Damage Control Assistant)

It covers a whole spectrum of things like Nuclear, Chem-Bio Warfare, Gas Free Engineering, shoring, pipe patching, advanced fire fighting ect..

It was 47 days long and was tough. I took the school in San Diego, but there is another one in Norfolk. They closed down the old school in Newport, RI.

I took a job as Engineer Officer aboard a ship and this was one of the pipe line traing course I needed.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:41 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Fred99Z28
DCA (Damage Control Assistant)

It covers a whole spectrum of things like Nuclear, Chem-Bio Warfare, Gas Free Engineering, shoring, pipe patching, advanced fire fighting ect..

It was 47 days long and was tough. I took the school in San Diego, but there is another one in Norfolk. They closed down the old school in Newport, RI.

I took a job as Engineer Officer aboard a ship and this was one of the pipe line traing course I needed.
Not to worry, Sir...... A good DCC will take care of not only his/her division but the DCA and CHENG too.

My feedback for a new DCA would be to get into the "nuts and bolts" of Gas Free Engineering and Bouyancy and Stability....

What platform are you headed too?

Best of luck to you.

R/

Frat

Quick Reply: Anyone ever graduate from Navy DCA School