View Full Version : What is the dumbest question someone asked about your car?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

02SOMWS6
10-26-2009, 09:00 PM
I got one , but it's what someone did ....not what they said. I love both Trans Am's and Z28's but this made me a little mad. I seen this red firebird with white ss ralley stripes down the hood trunk and hatch and Z28 emblems on the fenders. I don't know why but it made me want to punch the guy in the face for being a stupid ass. And I always get nice camaro or Z28 When it's a Trans Am. I just walk away or turn my head like I didn't even hear them

DownSouthWS6
10-27-2009, 12:52 PM
And this asshat drives what?

240 with an sr20. he told me hed beat me on any interstate run, and then i whooped his ass on a 40 and 60 pull without the need of a "dohc c6 motor". he wouldnt race from a dig... that bitch.

Wolf03
10-27-2009, 08:29 PM
Not a question, but still dumb. Knew a girl with a '97 TA who insisted that she had to specially order the "corvette engine" and that it was only an option in '97... she wouldn't believe me that it was standard, much less that the '97 vette had a different engine than her car...

slayerized6
10-27-2009, 08:39 PM
Not a question, but still dumb. Knew a girl with a '97 TA who insisted that she had to specially order the "corvette engine" and that it was only an option in '97... she wouldn't believe me that it was standard, much less that the '97 vette had a different engine than her car...

the lt1 was a vette engine too so shes kinda right

Wolf03
10-27-2009, 09:57 PM
the lt1 was a vette engine too so shes kinda right

Yes, however the '97 vette had an LS1, hence why I said "'97 vette". And either way, it was standard, not a "special order option only available in '97".

JimSwan
10-28-2009, 12:57 AM
i had my 97 camaro today that i swapped a built ls1 into , i pulled up to a guy at a light he asked if i had the 405 in it.

CrabhartLS1
10-28-2009, 01:28 AM
i had my 97 camaro today that i swapped a built ls1 into , i pulled up to a guy at a light he asked if i had the 405 in it.

"the" 405? He thought your car was a 2nd gen t/a?

CoulsonSS
10-28-2009, 05:00 AM
At a party one night and it went like this: My friend and some guys were talking bout a race earlier in the day i had with a fox body. I won so my boy was giving me credit and pointing to my car, the Red Chevy Camaro SS literally 30 feet away, when some guy actually pipes up and says damn thats clean. A Civic right? i was fucking speechles. I let my friend and the other 4 guys there defend my honor and set him straight. oh yea man card revoked.

Mike in LA
10-28-2009, 09:44 AM
At a party one night and it went like this: My friend and some guys were talking bout a race earlier in the day i had with a fox body. I won so my boy was giving me credit and pointing to my car, the Red Chevy Camaro SS literally 30 feet away, when some guy actually pipes up and says damn thats clean. A Civic right? i was fucking speechles. I let my friend and the other 4 guys there defend my honor and set him straight. oh yea man card revoked.

I hope your friends flogged him.

gopherit98
10-28-2009, 11:20 AM
haha these are halarious
I out ran a mustang really bad one day, and he said what kind of gear you have I said 2.73 (back before my gear) he called me a liar and looked at my vin and pointed and siad this car comes with a 3.73

after this he said i had nitrous cause my box was in the trunk unhooked and I just agreed and said i had wireless and hoseless nitrous lol

another day my buddy has a tt300zx, but before when it was a n/a he kept bubbling at idle so i suggested to change his pcv and a kid rode by and said what are ya'll doing I said installing twin turbos they were so involved in checking the pcv's out he wanted to know where he could get these tiny turbos from haha

squee
10-28-2009, 03:58 PM
I always get the " nice Camaro" but i think the best one was when i was at a stop light and some guy in a van pulls up to me and said "wow that is nice is that a 2008?" sure is man I have the only 2008 TA on the streets.

You think thats bad? I ran into my cousin one day and was driving my '69 C10. He was with some of his dipshit friends and one of them goes, "Thats a nice truck man." I say thanks, and he proceeds to ask me what year it is. He goes "What year is that think, a '96?" I couldn't stop laughing long enough to get '69 out...

ThreeHonks
10-28-2009, 08:39 PM
At an xceedspeed.com ricer meet (a couple fo us f body guys go out to mess with them)

Random Guy: Nice car, what year is it
Me: 96
Random Guy: oh wow so you have the all aluminum frame! This is nothing like my son's 95 LT1 Camaro!
Me: (facepalm)

Phil99vette
10-28-2009, 08:46 PM
"Why didn't you use a small block ford motor?"

teke184
10-29-2009, 08:02 AM
i still get the "3/4 race cam" comment from people......ugh

01 ss vert
10-29-2009, 08:34 AM
i still get the "3/4 race cam" comment from people......ugh

old timers who are as ignorant as today's ricers, I'm sure.

CaptainDirtymax
10-29-2009, 11:08 AM
in my Duramax, from some ricer in an FC3 RX7 "why don't you use a Rotary in that truck, they make so much more power and pull so much better"

we raced, i poured on the coal and left him in a big black cloud of diesel exhaust. :D

CrabhartLS1
10-29-2009, 08:12 PM
in my Duramax, from some ricer in an FC3 RX7 "why don't you use a Rotary in that truck, they make so much more power and pull so much better"

we raced, i poured on the coal and left him in a big black cloud of diesel exhaust. :D

Rotards crack me up man, the only thing wrong with Fc's and Fd's are their engines.

Mr. Trick
10-30-2009, 02:03 PM
A girl once asked if my car was a 5 speed, I said no its a 6 speed. She looked at me funny and told me I was counting reverse cause her brother had a 99 cobra and it was a 5 speed, I told her its a 7 speed if you want to count reverse.

I've also had people ask if my car was 4 speed.

LS1stunna
10-30-2009, 03:28 PM
Not really a dumb question asked to me. But I asked a guy a simple question about his 2010 SS. My brother, and I were talking about seeing if he would know what series motor he had in his car.

Me: What series motor do you have in your camaro?
Him: 6.2 Liter
Me: No, I meant what series? like LS1, etc...
Him: Oh I dont know...*puzzled look on his face*
Me: *drives away*

06 6.0 GTO
10-30-2009, 06:21 PM
Everytime i stop for gas in eastern europe the conversation goes EXACTLY:

Random guy: Dam what size motor is it?
Me: (Pointing at 6.0 on the back, or sometimes on the fender) 6.0 Litres
RG: wow!!!! How much horsepower?
Me: 400 (yes i know its not 400 at the wheels but easier to say then to explain wheel hp)
RG: Holy shit does it have a turbo?
Me: No, just 6.0 litres.
RG: haha "just 6.0 litres"
end

3rdgenvert
10-30-2009, 07:14 PM
My favorite does it have a cam in it.
Reply Nope! and walk away. lol

PIZDETS
10-31-2009, 03:39 AM
Every time i stop for gas anywhere in eastern europe the conversation goes EXACTLY like this:

Exactly where in Eastern Europe are you?

therealthatguy
10-31-2009, 04:46 AM
pulled up to a light the other day, in my Z28(402 with 257/267 .647/.623cam)

him does that thing have a cam in it?
me a lil bit!
him ls1?
me ls2(much easier to yell)
him right on brother!

06 6.0 GTO
10-31-2009, 06:48 AM
Exactly where in Eastern Europe are you?

Was in germany for a little.

PIZDETS
10-31-2009, 12:34 PM
Badass!

06 6.0 GTO
10-31-2009, 02:33 PM
Badass!
Thanks lol here is another pic i think is pretty cool (if you look closely the Beemer has the steering wheel on the "wrong side")

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb218/koolykool44/IMG00238.jpg

Hex04
10-31-2009, 03:05 PM
Driving my '91 Corvette.. Had a CB in the car. One Trucker said.. "Take a look at blonde driving that super customized Camaro"... and I am thinkin' duh.....

CranMaro99
10-31-2009, 09:36 PM
For all of you who tell stories (which is almost every Z28 owner here) about people bashing them for not being SS's: That shows you that marketing, in fact, works.

00sdime
10-31-2009, 11:16 PM
my dad asked me if i wanted to race for pinks, and he has a 2010 camaro v6, and i have a 2000 z28, a4, true duals with sweet thunders, slp style cold air intake, free mods, and 373s
hey also thinks thats a stock 03-04 cobra runs 10s

squee
10-31-2009, 11:19 PM
my dad asked me if i wanted to race for pinks, and he has a 2010 camaro v6, and i have a 2000 z28, a4, true duals with sweet thunders, slp style cold air intake, free mods, and 373s
hey also thinks thats a stock 03-04 cobra runs 10s

I'd race him just to show him whats whats. Take his car for a week or so and give it back.

00sdime
10-31-2009, 11:26 PM
i should but iam going to prove a point so i want to get a stall and cam

wg871
10-31-2009, 11:29 PM
Whenever im not driving my car I love messing with people that have camaros/mustangs just for the laughs. Every time I see a loud newer style 96-08 mustang I always yell "Let me hear that five o!!!" The cobra guys really hate this. We had a blast doing this at mustang week.

violent_celerity
10-31-2009, 11:35 PM
i was at a car show near this guys z28 that runs 9's. a kid in a ws6 pulls up and asks what alls done to the car. the guy says its got a stock 6.0 liter bottom end out of a truck with low compression, etc. the kid said" what truck had a 6.0?" a friend standing nearby said "oh its a ford motor". the kid said really? and walked away.

jonathan8751
11-01-2009, 12:32 AM
I pulled up on a new rt challenger a while back and roll down the window to get a better to see if he was a srt8 and worthy of a race. He notices me looking and rolls down his window and tells me that I dont want any that it has the v8 in it and im thinking to my self "yea the small one" but actually say, " ive got $500 right now and I will give u any race u want!". He then ask what is that a g6, I took that slap in the face pretty well. I tell him no its a gto and hes like oh. He then tells me he dont have any money but will run me for fun. I say ok lets hit the freeway. The light turns green and he rolls into 1st and then hammers on it and his car bites down and takes off. I catch up after his little display trying to scare me off. Then I proceed to give him a quik wot (2secs top)pull just to show off my bov. anyways Im on street tires and I chirped the shit out of them going 35mph and get a lil squirly ansd let out. he pulls up to me and tell me that he dont want any part of my car and have a good night. this all happened in a matter of 30-40 secs but is taking me a paragraph to explain.

M1T/A
11-01-2009, 06:18 AM
I show up at my brother in laws house on the Gsxr and my niese is there with her boyfriend. He ask me how fast will the bike run and i tell him i have only been 160 ish on it. Then he tells me his car will smoke my bike! I was impressed so i asked him what he had and how he knew this. He said , " My 95 monte carlo will run 170 because my friend with a crx raced me and he said i was doing 170 cause my speedo dont work." I turned to my niese and said, " You are dating a fucking idiot." She said, " His car is a stock v6."

AznMuscle
11-01-2009, 02:42 PM
i was at a car show near this guys z28 that runs 9's. a kid in a ws6 pulls up and asks what alls done to the car. the guy says its got a stock 6.0 liter bottom end out of a truck with low compression, etc. the kid said" what truck had a 6.0?" a friend standing nearby said "oh its a ford motor". the kid said really? and walked away.

SS's car? What is it...just lq4 with a ton of juice?

mikedamageinc
11-01-2009, 08:22 PM
At work I was talking to a Mustang buddy at work about racing and I said how I want to replace my 10 bolt rear with a 12 bolt since the stocker is weak and another guy said "so you can make the axle stronger by putting more bolts in there?" I just said yea and continued talking to the Mustang guy, at least he admits my car is faster.

violent_celerity
11-01-2009, 08:50 PM
SS's car? What is it...just lq4 with a ton of juice?

you know his name, he didnt give up much.. apparently its a super cheap combo. he was on a 225 hit when he raced the poopra that put down 700+, so it runs strong.

crazy3rdgen
11-01-2009, 09:13 PM
"would you like to buy my predator tuner? It will get you in the 13s"

30thanniversaryz
11-01-2009, 10:12 PM
I had the chick at the great clips today tell me she likes firebirds better because they apparently handle better. And her 2000 z/28 had 415 hp because she did a coil? She said shes glad she didn't get the ram air because her step daughter now has the car.

M1T/A
11-02-2009, 03:31 AM
^^^^ I would have tried to take her home you could pull some shit on her dumb ass!

CrabhartLS1
11-02-2009, 04:32 AM
I had the chick at the great clips today tell me she likes firebirds better because they apparently handle better. And her 2000 z/28 had 415 hp because she did a coil? She said shes glad she didn't get the ram air because her step daughter now has the car.

Oh noes someone suckered her into getting MSD coils. What a useless, expensive mod that is for something that in some cases is worse than the stock piece. Look at any 12-9 second LSX build and 9 times out of 10 you'll see stock coils.

Wannabe ls1
11-10-2009, 05:04 PM
Had a guy in another fox body stang ask if my stang had a 4 or 6 cylinder....he was amazed it was a v8.

Another guy asked if my tacoma was 4wd....It is lifted 2.5 inches and has 32inch tires...i was like are u serious

And several people dont believe my impala is supercharged stock

toityme
11-10-2009, 06:47 PM
"is that your boyfriends car?"

:kali:NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigun2::bash:

Shackleford
11-11-2009, 12:08 AM
"is that your boyfriends car?"

:kali:NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigun2::bash:

I'm sorry, but is that you in the avatar?

Green Demon
11-11-2009, 12:19 AM
Had a chick friend in my car, and I have a decently loud car, looks at me as she answers a call and says "can you turn your car down, I can't hear my friend", i looked at her and turned my car off... made me laugh.

I have a 68 camaro and was sitting at a light and a kid looks over from his dads mustang and asks if my cars fast? I answered fast enough, then the kid asked can you burn out? I lit up the intersection with smoke and once the smoke cleared said yes...

Irunelevens
11-11-2009, 01:05 AM

x2 :nod:

ls1passion
11-11-2009, 01:12 AM
My neighbor said he hates camaros because the awd sucks. lol I said it sure does. lol

violent_celerity
11-11-2009, 01:53 PM
Had a guy in another fox body stang ask if my stang had a 4 or 6 cylinder....he was amazed it was a v8.

Another guy asked if my tacoma was 4wd....It is lifted 2.5 inches and has 32inch tires...i was like are u serious

And several people dont believe my impala is supercharged stock

in his defense, alot of people lift 2wd trucks these days..

fox/fbody
11-11-2009, 04:39 PM
i was driving my 91 mustang hatchback with a 331 and vortech s-trim, stopped at a light and a dude in a z28 pulls up next to me and says "Dude your alternator is going out" then he asked to race, after i beat him i simply replied its not a noisy alternator, its a supercharger, then he had the nerve to argue that i didnt know what i was talking about. people now a days

71-Camaro-98
11-11-2009, 06:01 PM
I was picking up some oil from checker yesterday and the sales clerk was like

clerk:what year is you Camaro?
me: '98
clerk: thats cool I had an '02 but mine was a Z28 not an SS
me:... Mine is a Z28.
clerk: What? it says SS on the side. Oh my bad I didnt look hard enough.
me: ...

Then he proceeds to tell me how he liked his Z28 because it was lighter than the other years (i dont know why he thought that.). Then I had to explain that his was not rated at 350hp like he thought from factory and blah blah so on and so forth. I asked him where it was and he was like

Clerk: well it was an M6 w/o traction control and I was drifting this turn and there was gravel and when I hit it ASR kicked in and that put me into a pole.

Me: ..., Ok goodnight.

I mean really, cmon.

AronZ28
11-11-2009, 06:45 PM

Toyota makes 2wd Tacomas that look like the 4wd versions, they used to call them the Pre-Runner(they might sell them under that moniker still).

67camarors
11-11-2009, 07:01 PM
guys these are hilarious i could easily kill hours reading all of these, i have a few to contribute.

When i came to my gf's house for the first time her step dad (40yrs old, no job just took 4 years to get a 2 year degree and total d-bag) asks me if i want to race her moms 07 Mustang gt for pinks, i said yes please! They still thought her car was faster than mine up until the point where i showed them a video of me running 12s lol

getting gas in downtown seattle a guy walks up and statrs cleaning my windows and is like how fast is this thing man, i was like oh high twelves nothing special, he follows by saying i need to get a chip and id be able to go 200 MPH!!!!! i gave him 2 bucks and said thanks

a guy in a 03 mustang gt with exhaust asked if my car was a v-6 as i was idling next to him with long tubes, true duals and dumped bullets

lemons12
11-11-2009, 07:13 PM

Don't start this here.. Already happened on ls1.com.. Talk about someone VERY VERY conceded, and IMO for no reason.

Shackleford
11-11-2009, 07:41 PM
Don't start this here.. Already happened on ls1.com.. Talk about someone VERY VERY conceded, and IMO for no reason.

She's very conceited?

toityme
11-11-2009, 08:51 PM
Had a chick friend in my car, and I have a decently loud car, looks at me as she answers a call and says "can you turn your car down, I can't hear my friend", i looked at her and turned my car off... made me laugh.

I have a 68 camaro and was sitting at a light and a kid looks over from his dads mustang and asks if my cars fast? I answered fast enough, then the kid asked can you burn out? I lit up the intersection with smoke and once the smoke cleared said yes...
hahahah that is too funny,, can you turn the car down.. lmao

:huh: umm ok.. really not sure what would make you get that, ive never had anyone lay that one down on me.
She's very conceited?

not EXTREMELY lol jk.... no not at all...

Shackleford
11-11-2009, 11:42 PM
hahahah that is too funny,, can you turn the car down.. lmao

:huh: umm ok.. really not sure what would make you get that, ive never had anyone lay that one down on me.

not EXTREMELY lol jk.... no not at all...

I see.

Why did you change the avatar?! You're depriving us resident aesthetes!

DarkJuggalo
11-12-2009, 01:41 AM
i still to this day think the funniest thing is one of my best friends thinking his 06 sti will be faster, stock to stock, 2-3 bus lengths, him stage 2.5 with higher boost vs me with full bolt ons and a tune, 3-4 bus lengths, now he upgraded his turbo so im doing h/c :D
he now finally admits defeat in all straight line, so now we are taking it to autocross, im settin up my suspension for autox now haha

CrabhartLS1
11-12-2009, 02:24 AM
so now we are taking it to autocross, im settin up my suspension for autox now haha

Exact opposite situation with that one, STI's pretty much dominate the autox's we do out here. It's an uphill battle but there are lots of f-bodies making good times as well.

Ego Killer
11-12-2009, 03:42 AM
Someone once called me at 10pm one night and ask how much a stock stering wheel weighed and would he go faster if he put one in without a airbag.... true story BTW and the funny part is he just posted in this thread

toityme
11-12-2009, 04:38 PM
I see.

Why did you change the avatar?! You're depriving us resident aesthetes!

because of the shit it causes... as you have witnessed already... its moved to my profile...

toityme
11-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Someone once called me at 10pm one night and ask how much a stock stering wheel weighed and would he go faster if he put one in without a airbag.... true story BTW and the funny part is he just posted in this thread

hahahahahaha

jrob56
11-12-2009, 05:51 PM
because of the shit it causes... as you have witnessed already... its moved to my profile...

haha i mean she has a strong point!

bamalt1
11-12-2009, 07:52 PM
Told a guy at AutoZone I needed something for my Z28 and he asked if it was a V6 or V8. I can't remember what it was but it wasn't anything major.

greendrazil
11-16-2009, 12:21 AM
I guess I expected it when I did the mods, but:

Is that a v6? [no badges]
That an LS1? [Um, LT1 thanks]

Shackleford
11-16-2009, 11:58 AM
I went to Jiffy Lube one time to get my car inspected. They had to put it on some rollers to do the emissions check. Well, the guy pulls my '95 Camaro Z28 onto the rollers backwards. It was an older guy, and a younger had to tell him it's a rear-wheel drive car.

nandos_z28
11-16-2009, 09:17 PM
Was driving around with the girl friend one night. We pulled into the sonic, where everyone chills, different groups bikers low riders and hot rodders. Well I decided to open the cut outs that night so as I'm pulling through sonic I'm attracting alot of attention lol and I find an open stall to order some drinks. After I shut the car off 2 guys are staring at my car. They are standing next to an older shelby GT 500 on some huge ass slicks.

They finally come over to say what's up and ask if I wanna race. I say Well not tonight guys I'm on street tires. They start rambling on about their friends car and then they ask if my car is stock and if I'm running the stock exhaust...
lol I couldn't help but start laughing, Seriously if you can't tell the difference from a stock vehicle with stock exhaust and a cammed open exhaust vehicle you must be a retard!

Sorry for such a long post thought it was pretty funny at the time though!

Shackleford
11-16-2009, 10:41 PM
Maybe they knew and just wanted to see what you would say.

nandos_z28
11-17-2009, 01:46 PM
Thats a possibility but they seemed pretty serious lol.

Ten32
11-18-2009, 01:51 AM
I guess I expected it when I did the mods, but:

Is that a v6? [no badges]
That an LS1? [Um, LT1 thanks]

See, I don't think these are dumb questions. You went out of your way to make your car look like a 98+... why wouldn't people ask if it's a V6 or an LS1?

colt_impala
11-20-2009, 12:07 PM
a ricer pulled up beside me when i still had my 93 Z28.
ricer: whats in it?
me:what you mean?
ricer: is it a V8?
me:yea..pretty much. (like the ungodly loud exhaust didnt give that away)

#2: picked up a random girl one night
girl:i really like your car
me: thanks
girl: is it a mustang?

#3(happened to my cuz andrew brandon (you may know him from Fquick)
is at a gas station on his LS2 GT0
random guy: did you get the big V6 with that?
andrew brandon: umm...yea, yea i did

andrew.brandon
11-20-2009, 03:17 PM
#3(happened to my cuz andrew brandon (you may know him from Fquick)
is at a gas station on his LS2 GT0
random guy: did you get the big V6 with that?
andrew brandon: umm...yea, yea i did

My ears were burning. Had to come check

greendrazil
11-20-2009, 11:23 PM
See, I don't think these are dumb questions. You went out of your way to make your car look like a 98+... why wouldn't people ask if it's a V6 or an LS1?

Well the guy that asked if it was a V6... was driving a stock LT1... and I pulled up while right next to him while he was filling his car at the gas station.

At least the people who ask if it has and LS1 always look at it funny before they ask. (I bet it's the tails and possibly the dash [when the windows are down])

ss346ci
11-21-2009, 12:32 AM
Some retard at the local cruise night driving a mazda mx-6 (at least choose a good mazda if your going to talk shit) told me that my engined weighed so much that it offsets any horsepower advantage I have over him. Hmmm so we have super heavy ALL-ALUMINUM engines?:gay:

therealcreeper
11-21-2009, 01:47 AM
was talking to a kid from school about cars as we walked through the parking lot. he was telling me about the 300hp focus he used to have, and how when he'd race he'd shift at "times 5" rpm(meaning the x5 on the tach as in 5k). then we got to my car and he goes "nice car, who makes it?"

then another kid from the same class(who drives a v6 mustang) saw and heard my car. he goes "yeah its stupid loud, is it a GT?"

sooo sad. i didn't laugh at either. i couldn't. it was depressing.

squee
11-21-2009, 04:08 AM
was talking to a kid from school about cars as we walked through the parking lot. he was telling me about the 300hp focus he used to have, and how when he'd race he'd shift at "times 5" rpm(meaning the x5 on the tach as in 5k). then we got to my car and he goes "nice car, who makes it?"

then another kid from the same class(who drives a v6 mustang) saw and heard my car. he goes "yeah its stupid loud, is it a GT?"

sooo sad. i didn't laugh at either. i couldn't. it was depressing.

Must be something in the water...

quik95lt1
11-24-2009, 09:17 AM
pulled into a gas station this weekend idling at 1250 loping away and shut the car off at the pump. There was a kid next to me in a riced out maxima (looked like it came right off the fast and the furious set) that looked at me and asked if it was fast.
I said "yea it goes ok".
Then he told me "hey my friends got a hatchy (which i later determined to be a civic after a google search) with cams and nos you should race some time" I just chuckled, then he asked me "does yours have nos or cams in it?"

I looked at him and said "nope its just got a really bad skip, u know a good garage?", the look on his face was priceless.

06 6.0 GTO
11-24-2009, 10:07 AM
The following is a REAL experiance at the chicago auto show a few years ago.

"looking at the new Turbo cobalt SS"

Me and a friend were talking about how much more potential it has then the S/c one and then a salesman comes over and says

"Its supercharged you know?"
(we look at each other)
i pont at the spec sheat and say "it says turbocharged"

Salesman in disbelief looks and then shouts to another knowledgable chevy representative " hey bob is this thing supercharged or turbocharged?"

"bob" replies: Both!(he was dead serious)

Irunelevens
11-25-2009, 02:28 AM
pulled into a gas station this weekend idling at 1250 loping away and shut the car off at the pump. There was a kid next to me in a riced out maxima (looked like it came right off the fast and the furious set) that looked at me and asked if it was fast.
I said "yea it goes ok".
Then he told me "hey my friends got a hatchy (which i later determined to be a civic after a google search) with cams and nos you should race some time" I just chuckled, then he asked me "does yours have nos or cams in it?"

I looked at him and said "nope its just got a really bad skip, u know a good garage?", the look on his face was priceless.
He also might have been talking about an AE86 Corolla (80s, RWD). They are known as "Hatchiroku" (sp), or "Hatchi" for short.
The following is a REAL experiance at the chicago auto show a few years ago.

"looking at the new Turbo cobalt SS"

Me and a friend were talking about how much more potential it has then the S/c one and then a salesman comes over and says

"Its supercharged you know?"
(we look at each other)
i pont at the spec sheat and say "it says turbocharged"

Salesman in disbelief looks and then shouts to another knowledgable chevy representative " hey bob is this thing supercharged or turbocharged?"

"bob" replies: Both!(he was dead serious)
Technically forced induction is all "supercharging." Turbos actually used to be called "Turbo-superchargers." Maybe that's what he meant... :secret2:

:lol:

lemons12
11-30-2009, 08:15 AM

In my defense, I didn't ask if it would go any faster...

I'm not an old man, so I'm usually up pulling the honeys in at 10pm!:cool:

1FstFormulaV8
12-01-2009, 01:52 PM
I pulled into the local meeting spot with my cut-out open. A kid in a 3.8 Camaro asks me. "Is that a 3.4 or 3.8?" I just revved it up and let it idle for a minute. He just looked at me and got back in his car.

its turbo time
12-03-2009, 04:32 PM
is that the batmobile?

Engine_HP
12-05-2009, 11:27 AM
welll ive had multiple mustang owners ask to race... lol. that was pretty stupid of them.

loooool

david068513
12-05-2009, 02:04 PM
Is that a V6 or V8 (1992 Z28, says Z28 everywhere and has different hood and spoiler then any other model and says 5.7 on the bumper) then he asked if its a RS. :jest:

baalic
12-05-2009, 02:57 PM
New one from a local Corvette Dealer..... I pull up in my 2002 Z28. I'm looking at all the other Fbodys this guy has and some of the C5's as the C6's are way past my price range still...

Well I start asking this guy about hp, he has one of the Dark Blue SLP's, and a few others. Im trying to find a pretty modded out Fbody and a similar modded Vette for comparisons to see if its worth getting the Vette... "and it would be...but thats another story"

Ok anyways, I'm asking hp questions, questions on the mods etc... I start looking at an LS1 C5 Vette. I ask him the hp, he says 350hp. So I ask to the wheels? He says probably gets 320hp to the wheels...... umm ok... I ask him if its stock, he says it is, so I say, "probably more like 300 to the wheels, which is what mine gets roughly"

He then looks at my Camaro, and tells me that the Camaros didn't get 300hp to the wheels that the 2002 Z28 was rated at 305 hp and it would only put 240 hp to the wheels.... So then I ask him why it is the same exact engine in the Corvette puts down 320 buy his claim buy my Z28 only 240 with the exact engine. He then tells me because the Corvette is better in every way and put down more hp, and the Z28's only put down 240. Then I ask him about the SLP Camaro, and he tells me it puts down 340 hp to the wheels. And then I ask him how come his car puts down 100hp more then mine does, and he says because its an SLP and it has Ram Air and other "random slp" parts.

By this time I'm pretty upset with this guy who sells Vettes and Fbodys... because he basicly told me my car because its a Z28 is slow and the SS is way faster. Told me the only way to put 300 hp to the wheels on a z28 was full boltons, "but the slp has 340..."
He goes and asks his mechanic guy, how much hp do they put down, the mechanic says 260hp. I say "that's closer to the LT1 I have the LS1". Then the guy goes, "oh well maybe 280hp" I said "try 300" he goes "what mods" I said "None just the LS6 intake" then he goes, "oh well if he has the LS6 intake then he can maybe hit 300" WTF!!! LS6 intake is STOCK on 01-02 Fbodys...

Ok so now I'm pretty annoyed but I want to see this "340rwhp" SLP on the road.. Its a 6 speed.

Guy jump in with me, and after testing it out... I felt NO SOTP difference in my Z28 "although it was cooler cause I had the little hood bump ROFL". Well I tell the guy that the engine is no more powerful then mine, in-fact, probably about dead even with my A4 3.23 car. So I want to test drive on of the C5's instead. I i jump in a 2001 Z06 with Hot Cam/Ported heads stock LS6 intake stock exhaust "which the guy told me you couldn't upgrade cause it was the best ever even though it was dead quiet at 6k rpms."

He tells me they don't let customers test drive their Corvettes only the Camaros/Mustangs. Guy wants like 18k for the vette, 14k for the SLP.....???? 4k is that much different???

Well anyways, he takes me for a ride instead, and admitadly it was a FAST car, but I expected that out of an LS6 with ported heads and a cam but not the fabled golden apple he was trying to sell it as....

Moral of the story, when I do decide to buy a new car, Fbody or Vette, I'll try to buy it from LS1TECH because at least on here you guys are not stupid..

""OH side note, mechanic claimed LS1 cars were mid 14 second cars.........???""

baalic
12-05-2009, 02:57 PM
PS. Sorry for the above post

BobSS
12-05-2009, 07:25 PM
My buddy was asked by an asian woman if he liked to "dwift wiff his mustayng" lol

candlelit
12-06-2009, 03:55 PM
post # 1089 : haha, this thread is awesome!

rcastillo002
12-06-2009, 03:58 PM
man if i had a salesman like that i probably would have left that dealer lol... reminds me of the time i went to the fresno auto show and they had the mazdaspeed 6..(275hp AWD turbo) so me and some buddies were looking at it and the maza rep comes up and says...
mazda rep-hey you guys like what you see
me- yea its ok
maza rep- this thing is fast!
friends- its ok
maza rep- its ok?!?!.. you cant get this performance in a 4 door car. all wheel drive!
me- umm...yea u can.. the subaru sti....mitsubishi evo
maza rep- but not turbo!
friends- ummm... the subaru sti...mitsubishi evo
i swear the guy just said oh... and walked back to the desk lol.. it was quite funny... maybe u had to be there lol.. sorry for the long post

whitesmokels1
12-08-2009, 01:19 PM
I like going to the auto parts store to get my ecu scanned and when they ask "What kind of car is it? I reply "Uh.. 2000 silverado". They go outside and are lost as i walk up to my '79 Camaro. Lol. I have HP Tuners so I can scan it myself. I just get bored and like to F with people sometimes. Does that make me a bad person?

Shackleford
12-08-2009, 02:45 PM
I like going to the auto parts store to get my ecu scanned and when they ask "What kind of car is it? I reply "Uh.. 2000 silverado". They go outside and are lost as i walk up to my '79 Camaro. Lol. I have HP Tuners so I can scan it myself. I just get bored and like to F with people sometimes. Does that make me a bad person?

Why would you lie to them?

LS1 Sounds
12-08-2009, 02:52 PM
The PCM is probably from a 2000 Silverado.

Shackleford
12-08-2009, 03:18 PM
The PCM is probably from a 2000 Silverado.

Ah. I didn't consider that. Thanks.

Joshiedoom
12-09-2009, 11:14 AM
Yesterday I wast rying to see if they had any wider tires for my stockies in stock at a local tire place, they asked what the tires went on and i said a 98 trans am.... they search and search and search and search, and finally look at me wierd and ask.. is that some kind of Grand Am???? Its KY, everyone knows what a trans am is!!!!

bderlan
12-09-2009, 10:54 PM
i was driving my beater eclipse,and this guy saw the cigarette lighter,the smoking sign worn off,which he then mistook it for the "nosss" button

CarsandWomen
12-10-2009, 08:11 AM

i always call and ask for a front differential fluid cooler for a ( insert randome rear wheel drive vehicle here) lol so if it makes you a bad person then that makes 2 of us hahhahaha. I did it to an old friend who knows a thing or two about cars and had him stumped for 30 minutes :D

bowtie_racer
12-10-2009, 10:38 PM
I had a guy outside a bar (apparently trashed) ask me if my 95 was the new 2010 Camaro.

Ego Killer
12-10-2009, 11:00 PM
had a guy ask me if my 99 TransAm was a Viper..:eyes:....I told him Yeah:secret2:

Ego Killer
12-10-2009, 11:04 PM
I'm not an old man, so I'm usually up pulling the honeys in at 10pm!:cool:

the olny thing your pulling at 10pm is that little weiner:flipbird:

bamalam
12-12-2009, 01:13 AM
I love this thread...

today at shop my T/A is on the lift for an oil change and a guy pulls up looking for a used tire, none available his size... small shop
guy: oh man that's my dream car.
me: yeah mine too
guy: is it a ws6
me: nah
guy: oh nevermind
gets in his cavalier with 18in spinners and rolls on... not a dumb question but the whole situation... hmm

I get the usuals alot and
"nice camaro/viper/mustang" depends on the age of the person really

the only truly stupid question, not misinformed, and my favorite
"can I drive it?"

BlueBird346
12-12-2009, 04:52 AM
If one more person asks me if I "Got flows"...

The Manalishi
12-12-2009, 05:13 AM
Not my car but I was walking through the parking lot of the PX on post and there was a 1965 Pontiac Lemans. It was a nice car and it had the 326 badges on the side. Two guys were walking close enough for me to hear and one says "damn thats a nice car". The other says "yea and its got the 326, thats a hemi you know". I chuckled to myself and kept walking but they were actually having a conversation about how badass those Hemi's were.

06 6.0 GTO
12-12-2009, 07:57 AM
I dont think "can i drive?" is a stupid question IMO
Hell im usually the one offering people to drive anyways, I WANT them to know how great my car is, and i think this is the best way of showing off too lol

Plus i got insurance and a waranty but in the end it is just a car. Pieces of metal working together, i love it yea, but if it goes it will just be a great excuse to move on.

Now i dont like go up to total strangers and ask them lol but almost all of my friends. And i make sure they beat on it and give it some good pulls, thats what i bought it for in the end so i dont mind if thats how it is driven.

Also i dont teach people to drive stick with it, well alright maybe just a few lol bt those are the exceptions

'WHEELS'
12-12-2009, 11:08 AM
billions of "is it a 454" questions, the famous "is it a ws6" question", even had one guy try and sell me a "ram air W6 hood"... wtf is that.

AronZ28
12-13-2009, 01:47 AM
People always say this about my Cadillac
"man that thing must really suck the gas" or "doesn't it get 10mpg".

http://www.fquick.com/images/vehicles/full/25595282985.jpg (http://www.fquick.com/garages/viewgallery.php?action=viewimg&id=282985)

They're kind of dumfounded when I tell them its a regular old 350 TBI Chevy under the hood and it gets about 15-16mpg in town and 25mpg on the highway with just me in it. It does way better on gas than their stupid SUV that's 1/2 the size.

jobuhoohoos
12-14-2009, 01:28 AM
my buddy and I were in town one night in my old car(96 T/A). I had a gauge pod on the drivers side pillar with a boost gauge and trans temp gauge. A guy in a ricer pulled up next to us at a light and asked me what kinda tacs those were. By buddy told him sales tax and income tax.
But the funniest thing is when the same buddy mentioned above and I went to drop his 97 Z28 off for warranty work at the dealership. We were standing there with the service writer who was asking my buddy the typical car info questions: make, model, year, etc. Now the car was 5 feet from us and the guy already asked for make, model, manual or auto..... he looked up and asked my buddy "2 or 4 wheel drive?" At the same time, with extremely suprised looks on our faces, we replied "its a Camaro". And he said "yeah, but I need to know if its 2 or 4 wheel drive." We busted out in laughter!

06 6.0 GTO
12-14-2009, 07:02 AM
my buddy and I were in town one night in my old car(96 T/A). I had a gauge pod on the drivers side pillar with a boost gauge and trans temp gauge. A guy in a ricer pulled up next to us at a light and asked me what kinda tacs those were. By buddy told him sales tax and income tax.
But the funniest thing is when the same buddy mentioned above and I went to drop his 97 Z28 off for warranty work at the dealership. We were standing there with the service writer who was asking my buddy the typical car info questions: make, model, year, etc. Now the car was 5 feet from us and the guy already asked for make, model, manual or auto..... he looked up and asked my buddy "2 or 4 wheel drive?" At the same time, with extremely suprised looks on our faces, we replied "its a Camaro". And he said "yeah, but I need to know if its 2 or 4 wheel drive." We busted out in laughter!

We could start a whole nother thread on Gm dealer experiances lol

Shackleford
12-14-2009, 07:34 PM
That's a clean Caddy, Aron. Are those ducks in the background?

Joshiedoom
12-15-2009, 03:54 PM
I was talking cars to one of the new hires at work, hes a ford guy and his buddy has a z28 lt1. He said one of the reasons he doesnt like camaros is because you have to replace the whole headlight assembly instead of a bulb... I had to have big long discussion about sealed beam bulbs etc....

zach branch
12-15-2009, 08:39 PM
I feel like I have a good one...

This this guy at work that drives a 1996 Z28...

Guy: Oh you have an SS??
Me: Yeah, these cars are fun.
Guy: Yeah, I like my V-8, to bad yours is a V-6.
Me: ...(just staring to see if he is serious)...
Guy: Yeah the RS in my driveway is faster then my Z, the RS is stock!
Me: My car has a V-8, your RS has a V-6.
Guy: Man you really have no idea what you are talking about!!
I start walking away and say:
Me: You should drive a honda

Mike in LA
12-16-2009, 12:06 PM

Oh man with a straight face I would've said 4 wheel drive :lol:.

94lt1m6
12-17-2009, 09:53 AM
I got a new winner on my end.

I go to the lawyer, because I got an excessive noise ticket. The lawyer comes outside, looking straight at my 01 WS6 that says TRANS AM on the side, PONTIAC on the front headlight, and a big bird on the front license plate cover that are all painted bright ass silver on a black car, and say," NOW WHAT IS THIS AGIAN, A MUSTANG?"

needless to say, I beat his ass right there in the street.

CrabhartLS1
12-17-2009, 08:44 PM
needless to say, I beat his ass right there in the street.

Good. I've had to lay the smackdown on many government workers and attorneys in public for not recognizing that my car was supercharged.

90TSiAWD
12-17-2009, 09:43 PM
I always hate when I tell people I have nitrous on my car and the first thing they say it "YOUR GOING TO BLOW IT UP" I usually say yeah I sure am while looking at them like there retarted, I hate people that say that when they dont even know how it works.

And of course the people that always tell me to bad its not a WS6.

40ROLL?
12-17-2009, 11:11 PM
An 80+ year old man pulls up next to me at a light and asks, "SAY! Is that one of those God Damn wanna be corvettes?"

Nitroused383
12-18-2009, 06:29 AM
An 80+ year old man pulls up next to me at a light and asks, "SAY! Is that one of those God Damn wanna be corvettes?"

That right there is fucking hilarious!!

Blasted2hell
12-18-2009, 10:04 AM
Was at a gas pump and a younger kid walks over to me from his honda. It wasn't a riced out honda, just mild appearance mods as far as I could see.

Kid: Hey, that car sounds pretty good.
(I'm immediately surprised, generally young honda owners don't appreciate V8 sound)
Me: Thanks, I've done some work to it.
Kid: You take it to the track?
Me: yep, when ever I get the chance.

Kid is standing by my trunk, I thought he was looking at my exhaust but he makes a funny face and points at the 6.0 emblem on the back.

Kid: What's that 6.0 mean?

Me: That's the size of the engine, it's a six liter.

Kid looks at me like I grew an extra head on my shoulder.

Kid: That's crazy.

Kid walks back to his car. He had to be in his late teens at best, so I'll cut him some slack on car knowledge. But I'm going to guess by how he acted, he might rethink that upgrade he was planning to a 1.8 liter.

LS1 Sounds
12-18-2009, 10:32 AM
That is hilarious!

justin455
12-19-2009, 11:43 AM
Was at a gas pump and a younger kid walks over to me from his honda. It wasn't a riced out honda, just mild appearance mods as far as I could see.

Kid: Hey, that car sounds pretty good.
(I'm immediately surprised, generally young honda owners don't appreciate V8 sound)
Me: Thanks, I've done some work to it.
Kid: You take it to the track?
Me: yep, when ever I get the chance.

Kid is standing by my trunk, I thought he was looking at my exhaust but he makes a funny face and points at the 6.0 emblem on the back.

Kid: What's that 6.0 mean?

Me: That's the size of the engine, it's a six liter.

Kid looks at me like I grew an extra head on my shoulder.

Kid: That's crazy.

Kid walks back to his car. He had to be in his late teens at best, so I'll cut him some slack on car knowledge. But I'm going to guess by how he acted, he might rethink that upgrade he was planning to a 1.8 liter.

You gotta give him some credit. Their prelude's H22 is their big block.

metalmilitia606
12-19-2009, 12:34 PM
The other day I was driving around with my friend who just bought a TSI. His Talon has some cams in it I'm not sure what but it has a nasty little lope for a 4 cylinder lol. Anyways another of our buddies pulled up and was like, "Hey you have a really bad miss you should probably check that out." My friend and I just laughed.

cyamaha2007
12-19-2009, 10:21 PM
a kid at my school argued with me that gm didnt make a rear wheel drive car besides the corvette. He said that my car must have been put together by some redneck. He then boasted about his sunfire with this sweet electric turbo he thinks that when he gets a flowmaster he will be in the high 11s

01wssick
12-19-2009, 10:27 PM
lol^^^

well the guy didnt ask it but told me "jeez you have a bad misfire, i would be getting that fixed if i were you"

after i put my cam in(tuned)... LOL

teke184
12-21-2009, 02:57 PM
not a question...but a comment:

"dude...i'm sorry but lowered cars used to be cool...emphasis on used to be."

in response to me talking about BMR springs and Koni SA shocks.

my response:
"this ISN'T an 80's cutlass with cut springs riddin on dubs"

liquidsmooth
12-22-2009, 12:24 PM
Not so much a question but more of a comment. I walked in to work today and this guy goes, "Man, you must have been all over the place in the snow today."

Really?????

krill
12-24-2009, 08:57 PM
The stupidest comment i've got is from a man in his sixties "wow nice car that looks like a ferrari! Pontiac, huh? They sure did copy the design from ferrari!" hmm, yeah, sure they are alot alike.. I dont know if thats an insult or not :D

sandsk8erz400
12-24-2009, 09:50 PM
The funniest one I heard, I didn't actually hear, my friend did. I was hanging out with the local import crowd and raced a few cars towards the end of the night.
I guess while I was racing all of the import guys were telling my friends that my car's too fast to be a Z/28... it must be a SS... haha. And all I have is a catback, intake, about 200pounds of stereo equipment, and some bald kumho tires lmao.

Bones Z28
12-25-2009, 04:31 AM
I never got to experience one on one with a ricer. I did run into a total douche in a trans am tho. Guy doesn't deserve his car. One of those guys that claimed he had a super charger and nawz. Said he could turn the s/c on and off and clearly it was off right now (his car was idling). LOL! Had a ton of gay street glow on it as well, that poor f-body.

Another time had a guy tell my buddy in his LT1 "nice v6 ya fag" so chased them down and laid the smack down. Clearly they found out it wasn't a v6. :)

pewter01Z28
12-25-2009, 04:49 AM
Probably the stupidest thing I was asked was by a about a 17 year old. I was driving my 87 Grand National looking for races In Ocala on a Saturday night and he said he would race me if I turned my turbo off.

9WhiteCamaro9
12-25-2009, 05:22 AM
I had a guy come up askin me about my car and i told him what all was done do it and all cause i guess he seen mne and parked right beside mine. Well the guy started talkin about his LT1 body camaro and talkin about how it was a SSP camaro and how it was a North Carolina Highway Patrol car and he got it from and auction. Well he poped the hood on it, needless to say it was a V6 and i pointed that out to the guy and he says that its a V8 that the 3800 series II stamped on the intake showed that it was a Highway patrol car. Lmao. so i nooded and got in mine and left. Two days later I seen him out and he tries to run me, right? Lets just say he pulled in where i did and was sayin that the only reason i won was because he was spinnin through all his gears. lol

adkunlimited
12-26-2009, 09:45 PM
im sitting at the strip just hanging out with some friends and this guy comes up and points at my engine and asked "is that thing stock"

another good one is when im sitting at a light people will see my car shaking and hear the loping idle and still roll down there window and ask me if i got a cam.

i dont know if its just me but i might give people to much credit and assume they might know what they are talking about when they comment on a car.

bigj2717
12-28-2009, 12:27 AM
I just found this thread and spend like that last 3 hours reading it. So I'll add some.
I took my car to the alignment shop the other day and this happened
guy: Dude there is something really wrong with your car it shakes really bad at idle
me: Yeah that cuz of the cam and the poly motor mounts
guy: no its the driveshaft it needs to be balanced :bang:

another one a friend of mine that says he knows a lot about cars was over when i was putting my motor in and pointed to my injectors and asked "Why are your spark plugs up there?"

93batmobile
12-29-2009, 12:25 AM
^ its amazing he could tell it needed to be balanced while it wasn't spinning :eyes:

I got this a few months back. "So your car has the F1 motor right?" I was so stunned by the question I couldn't help but to just stare and try and think of some way of not making him feel horrible by my response.

jsteele90
12-29-2009, 12:43 AM
^ its amazing he could tell it needed to be balanced while it wasn't spinning :eyes:

I got this a few months back. "So your car has the F1 motor right?" I was so stunned by the question I couldn't help but to just stare and try and think of some way of not making him feel horrible by my response.

straight face say hell yeah it does!!!!!!

-Ross-
12-29-2009, 01:11 AM
"How many doors does you car have?"

I was on a Jet Ski. His head exploded soon after. It was crazy.

Shackleford
12-29-2009, 10:48 AM
"How many doors does you car have?"

I was on a Jet Ski. His head exploded soon after. It was crazy.

Haha. Very good, Ross.

BlurSS
12-29-2009, 06:49 PM
It was a question I asked this summer. We had a yard sale a couple days before and I had by bike in front to draw attention. A guy in a grey z28 stops and looks at the bike seems cool. He wants the bike with and I pay like 5 grand for the car so 10 for this car pretty much i decline he takes off and the care sounds decent.
Two days later same car no hood diferent driver. I'm in my ss with the t-tops out. I ask what do you have done to it? he answers " its got a corvette motor in it". I roll my window up and slow down. :bang:

01 ss vert
12-30-2009, 08:11 AM
A guy in a grey z28 stops and looks at the bike seems cool. He wants the bike with and I pay like 5 grand for the car so 10 for this car pretty much i decline he takes off and the care sounds decent.

What?

triche
12-30-2009, 08:52 AM
I was at the dealership the other day looking at Tahoes for my wife. Meanwhile this lady and her friend comes up to me and said "Is that your corvette? It sounds like its about to die." (I have a huge cam and an agressive lope, well tuned and loud as hell....and some other goodies) Anyways, my wife gets aggrevated with them and says "No its fine, he has a big cam." ;)

Shackleford
12-30-2009, 10:25 AM
I was at the dealership the other day looking at Tahoes for my wife. Meanwhile this lady and her friend comes up to me and said "Is that your corvette? It sounds like its about to die." (I have a huge cam and an agressive lope, well tuned and loud as hell....and some other goodies) Anyways, my wife gets aggrevated with them and says "No its fine, he has a big cam." ;)

Does your wife have a sister? lol.

ReApEr75
12-31-2009, 12:37 PM
I pulled into the drive-in of a McDonald's the other day to order food and this is what happened after i ordered food and pulled up to the window:

Employee: Hey nice car, it seems like you have a hole in your gas tank it reeks like gas, you should really get that fixed.
Me: What?
Employee: You have a hole in your gas tank, you are leaking gas.
Me: No, i don't have any cat's. It's just smells like raw fuel.
Employee: Why are you talking about Cat's? What i first told you was about you leaking gas, nothing about an animal. People really need to comprehend these days.
Me: You sir are a fucking idiot *Drive Away*

Shackleford
12-31-2009, 01:50 PM
I pulled into the drive-in of a McDonald's the other day to order food and this is what happened after i ordered food and pulled up to the window:

Employee: Hey nice car, it seems like you have a hole in your gas tank it reeks like gas, you should really get that fixed.
Employee: Why are you talking about Cat's? What i first told you was about you leaking gas, nothing about an animal. People really need to comprehend these days.

Are you serious? What a pretentious, ignoramus who's ignorant of his ignorance!

ReApEr75
12-31-2009, 04:12 PM
Are you serious? What a pretentious, ignoramus who's ignorant of his ignorance!

:werd:

Mike@ZMS
12-31-2009, 04:51 PM
I was driving my 01 SS (big healthy cam lope and all) and I had someone pull up next to me at a light and ask me what I had done to it.

I told him it was pretty much stock with exhaust and a cam. He asked me what engine was in it, I told him LS1. He then asked me if it was fuel injected and could not believe that it was. He even asked if I converted it to fuel injection. I just said "Yep.. Fuel injection is stock on these things" and drove off.

That was a face-palm moment.

MeentSS02
12-31-2009, 07:52 PM
I was driving my 01 SS (big healthy cam lope and all) and I had someone pull up next to me at a light and ask me what I had done to it.

I told him it was pretty much stock with exhaust and a cam. He asked me what engine was in it, I told him LS1. He then asked me if it was fuel injected and could not believe that it was. He even asked if I converted it to fuel injection. I just said "Yep.. Fuel injection is stock on these things" and drove off.

That was a face-palm moment.

I had someone riding along with me once, and I floored it for a few seconds just dicking around. The first question out of their mouth:

"Did you just open up the other barrels on the carb?"

It was kinda hard to explain...

its turbo time
01-01-2010, 01:24 AM

all i can say is WOW. Sounds like someone just let his recent mcdonalds promotion go to his head :gruffy:

jobuhoohoos
01-01-2010, 02:01 AM
Went to autozone in the 66 stang.... I say to the guy
me: "I need a distributor rotor for a 66 mustang 200 i6"
guy: brake rotor?
me: no ignition rotor it goes in the distributor.
guy: oh ok
(guy fumbles through computer)
guy: uh sir I dont believe they made a mustang in 66 i cant find it.
me: you know what your right but would you mind telling me what kinda car I'm driving outside. Its the green one with 66 on the license plate and mustang written on the side

years ago, back in high school, one of the kids on my baseball team said his mom had a '62 Mustang he was gonna restore. I said "do you mean 64? or maybe 72?" he said "no, a 1962" I replied " that thing is worth millions then cause its the only one in existence!"

Mid
01-02-2010, 03:19 PM
I have to stop reading this thread, it's pissing me off too much :jest:

sabastian458
01-02-2010, 04:22 PM
someone asking if my car as a cobalt and what size engine I had in it. I responded "v4 turbo" Ask stupid, get stupid.

scrapmetal
01-03-2010, 02:04 AM
Bunch of Da's at the crack head nationals at Texasraceway asked me where my bottle was.I told them"Don't got 1" and they said bullshit!What are all those lines?I said "You dumb ass's that's fuel injection"

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc230/bigdummy71/scrapmetal/098jpg.jpg
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc230/bigdummy71/scrapmetal/e2.jpg

Johnny-LT1-runner
01-04-2010, 10:07 PM
I always get the "What is that, is that a Corvette?".

I see more ricer flybys than I can count, I actually had a LS1 T/A pull one when he saw me, I just kept on crusing.

And every damn time I go into the auto parts store I tell them "1994 Camaro Z28", and get "is that a V6 or V8?" in return. You think they would know that after working that kind of job.

chadaclysm
01-04-2010, 11:20 PM
And every damn time I go into the auto parts store I tell them "1994 Camaro Z28", and get "is that a V6 or V8?" in return. You think they would know that after working that kind of job.

I've gotten the, "Is it a 3.8, or 5.7?" from an auto parts store before too... but hey, why would somebody working at an auto parts store know anything about cars anyway?!

02CamaroSSLE
01-04-2010, 11:46 PM
i was at work and i was jumping this car off cause it's battery died... i was bout to close the hood and the guy i was jumpin his car off comes up and looks at my engine and said

him: oh you opened up your intake...
me: what!?!?
him: you opened up your intake (and pointed o my clear lid)
me: you talking about that (pointing to my lid)
him: yeah, you opended it up
me: nah it comes stock like that...
him: ooh... (and walked away)

Devils Mentor
01-05-2010, 12:49 AM
i have got a friend of mine with a 98 z71 and he asked me how many spark plugs he needed to buy for his truck...

then a couple of days later he asked me why it was that the chevy trucks look like the gmc trucks..i had to tell him i had no idea so i wouldn't have to explain it to him.

Just to let you know Bro, some engines have a dual plug design. My buddies Ford (either a v6 or 4 don't recall anymore) had 2 plugs per cylinder.

DM

McNord
01-05-2010, 04:56 AM
Just to let you know Bro, some engines have a dual plug design. My buddies Ford (either a v6 or 4 don't recall anymore) had 2 plugs per cylinder.

DM

The 4 cylinder rangers needed 2 plugs per cylinder to burn enough of the fuel to meet emissions standards I think.

Devils Mentor
01-05-2010, 06:13 AM
The 4 cylinder rangers needed 2 plugs per cylinder to burn enough of the fuel to meet emissions standards I think.

Yep that was what it was! Thanks man, I have been waiting till later to call my boy about that, it has been bugging the hell out of me on what the model and engine it was, lol...

DM

AznMuscle
01-05-2010, 10:02 AM

Yep. The older 2.5L (like my 98), and I think the slightly newer 2.3L's need the two plug per cylinder.

Nitroused383
01-05-2010, 03:55 PM
The later 1980 Nissan 4 cylinder pick up also had 2 spark plugs for cylinder.

223HAWK
01-05-2010, 04:14 PM
I get "Whats a Firehawk" All the time...Sometimes if Im in a good mood..I say..A Fast Mother Fawker..most of the time.. I just turn and walk..but Im asshole

I love when some kid that looks 12 pulles up next to me in his honda or his moms car and is like Wanna Race?..Really..do you hear my car?..Really..you think Im ganna take a chance on geting a C&I for your ass?

On my 87 GTA (L98) car..I use to get..What kind of supercharger is that?? ALL THE TIME!! LMAO

Gaunt
01-05-2010, 04:35 PM
New one from the other day. I made the mistake of parking by the Danny's carwash when filling up at the Shell, and I am constantly assaulted by the Oil change dipshits and car wash people telling me I "need a hand wax on this beast" (I have stopped myself several times from punching them all in the genitals).

Me: minding my own damn business
Oil Change Tech Moron: Hey... you need an oil change.
Me: Nope
OCTM: Oh, when did you last change your oil?
Me: Yesterday (I lied)
OCTM: What kind of oil do you use?
Me: Pennzoil Platinum
OCTM: You shouldn't use that shit, it's watered down
Me: Uh huh, and what do you suggest
OCTM: Mobile 1
Me: Thanks for the tip
OCTM: Yeah no problem, it's what I put in my cavalier
Me: Blank stare, then I get in my car

AznMuscle
01-05-2010, 04:50 PM
New one from the other day. I made the mistake of parking by the Danny's carwash when filling up at the Shell, and I am constantly assaulted by the Oil change dipshits and car wash people telling me I "need a hand wax on this beast" (I have stopped myself several times from punching them all in the genitals).

Me: minding my own damn business
Oil Change Tech Moron: Hey... you need an oil change.
Me: Nope
OCTM: Oh, when did you last change your oil?
Me: Yesterday (I lied)
OCTM: What kind of oil do you use?
Me: Pennzoil Platinum
OCTM: You shouldn't use that shit, it's watered down
Me: Uh huh, and what do you suggest
OCTM: Mobile 1
Me: Thanks for the tip
OCTM: Yeah no problem, it's what I put in my cavalier
Me: Blank stare, then I get in my car

Was this the one at Tempe Marketplace?

Gaunt
01-05-2010, 04:51 PM
Was this the one at Tempe Marketplace?

No those guys seem to leave me alone for the most part.

This one was Power and Ray. Those guys are some fucking tools.

AznMuscle
01-05-2010, 04:55 PM
Never been to that one. I only head down power to get to 202 when leaving school...never take it otherwise.

Gaunt
01-05-2010, 05:03 PM
Never been to that one. I only head down power to get to 202 when leaving school...never take it otherwise.

It's worth it if you want to laugh at the idiots once in a while lol.

Actually reminded me of another time I pulled up to get gas as the same place.

I open the door, and I'm not even out of the car when a REALLY skinny redneck oil tech moron, and a tall black dude car wash guy walk over (he was nice at least).

Redneck: Hey, my buddies cadillac would whoop your ass
Car Wash Guy: No way man, I would lose. I got a (some 60/70s caddy I forget which).
Me: Oh nice, Big block?
Car Wash guy: Yep, 442.
Redneck: Embarassed, stares at me like I cut off his mullet
Me: Mind if I get out of my car guys?
Both of them: Realized they were practically in my car talking to me.
Me: Thanks... and I proceed to fill my car with gas while they stand there silently.

Weirdos

AznMuscle
01-05-2010, 05:12 PM
Dude, Phoenix has some fucked up people :jest:

LS1Z28-00
01-05-2010, 05:24 PM
Stupidest shit ive heard is when i was at the track and got rearend while i was in the staging lanes in my cobra...which made 2 little dents in my bumper. Then the track official and the guy that hit me, tried to convince me that those 2 holes were there and that they were from the factory "incase you wanted to run 2 license plates on the back". I was absolutely beside myself and was ready to whoop both there ass's.

CranMaro99
01-05-2010, 06:34 PM
Stupidest shit ive heard is when i was at the track and got rearend while i was in the staging lanes in my cobra...which made 2 little dents in my bumper. Then the track official and the guy that hit me, tried to convince me that those 2 holes were there and that they were from the factory "incase you wanted to run 2 license plates on the back". I was absolutely beside myself and was ready to whoop both there ass's.

Are you serious? Please tell me you got taken care of in the end...

NEED MO POWA!
01-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Some old lady at the gas station pumping gas into her cadillac said in an irritated voice, and i quote "is that Cadillac suppose to sound like that!?!?" I took it as a compliment :devil:

LS1 Sounds
01-06-2010, 09:13 AM
Some old lady at the gas station pumping gas into her cadillac said in an irritated voice, and i quote "is that Cadillac suppose to sound like that!?!?" I took it as a compliment :devil:
You should have told her "yes they are, what is wrong with your car???"

LS1Z28-00
01-06-2010, 06:18 PM
Are you serious? Please tell me you got taken care of in the end...

100% serious....i dont think i could make that up if i tried. Every time i see those dimples in my bumper i get pissed. I was forced to leave the track after it happend because there was about to be a brawl...So a good 1 1/2 hour drive for nothing...didnt get to run once. Needless to say i cussed the whole way home. I never got shit out of it because it was at the track and it was dragged out POS foxbody with no insurance, what could i do....:punch: i would have been fine taking it out of his mid 40's redneck ass though.

soaring_arrow
01-12-2010, 07:13 AM
i had a guy tell me my hood was fake.. when i told him they weren't, he askd if they slowed me down!!

TRDLT1
01-12-2010, 01:05 PM
Never really had any stupid questions in my 94 Z, but this past summer I pulled into a gas station in my SRT-4 DD.

Stupid kid-"Hey does that thing have a turbo??"

Me- "Yeah"

Stupid kid "Sweet. did you put it on?"

Me- "No" :confused:then I got in and drove away..

Mind you I had a polished front mount at the time, and the stock annoying bov..

Oh and don't worry I still have the Z28, just needed a dd that got better mpg's(Z28 best 10-11city/25 highway...SRT best 20-22city/36 highway)

LS1-450
01-12-2010, 05:45 PM
At a car show a guy asked me; "Did Stacey David build that for you?" For those who may not know, Stacey David is the host of Gearz.

violent_celerity
01-12-2010, 06:50 PM
At a car show a guy asked me; "Did Stacey David build that for you?" For those who may not know, Stacey David is the host of Gearz.

id take that as a hell of a compliment.

i had a mexican guy ask me if my el camino had a 5.0 in it... i said what? thinking he might have meant the 305. hes like a 302, duh... i said no its a 350 and walked away.

slayerized6
01-13-2010, 11:23 PM
my mom completely embarrassed herself today while in a bank parking lot. good thing i wasnt there

mom: (noticing a "horse" emblem on the back of this dudes car) Hey, is that the new mustang?
guy: no, its a ferrari.

violent_celerity
01-14-2010, 02:16 AM
my mom completely embarrassed herself today while in a bank parking lot. good thing i wasnt there

mom: (noticing a "horse" emblem on the back of this dudes car) Hey, is that the new mustang?

i bet that dude got all kinds of butthurt from that question.

CrabhartLS1
01-14-2010, 02:28 AM

:lol: nice, not nearly as embarrassed as that guy i'm sure.

Joshiedoom
01-14-2010, 09:06 AM

He does custom work to cars other than on the show, RattleTrap is his custom person shop I do believe

01 ss vert
01-14-2010, 10:06 AM
He does custom work to cars other than on the show, RattleTrap is his custom person shop I do believe

He still in the Nashville area?

LS1-450
01-14-2010, 10:26 AM

That's funny.

LS1 Sounds
01-14-2010, 10:36 AM

I'm doing this next time I see a Ferrari owner next to their car. :D

Joshiedoom
01-14-2010, 11:30 AM
He still in the Nashville area?

Yep, all the work he does on gearz is locally

00nbmz28
01-14-2010, 12:28 PM
I was driving in a parking gaurage in my SS (MS4) and a guy ask whats in it. My step dad yells back that its a v6, just messing with the guy, and he had a real confused look on his face.

ten5nova
01-14-2010, 03:22 PM
Not really about an LS car or anything, but I was told by a guy one time that the corvette "fuelie" heads from the 60's were the best cylinder heads GM ever made!!!! I think a stock LS7 head flows 365 cfm!!! This dude is a professional mechanic at a GM dealership!! I guess you don't need to know much to me a dealership tech?

06 6.0 GTO
01-14-2010, 03:38 PM
Not really about an LS car or anything, but I was told by a guy one time that the corvette "fuelie" heads from the 60's were the best cylinder heads GM ever made!!!! I think a stock LS7 head flows 365 cfm!!! This dude is a professional mechanic at a GM dealership!! I guess you don't need to know much to me a dealership tech?

You have no idea what kind of horror stories i have experianced at chevy dealerships, some salesman might as well be sellling toasters for all they know about cars.

tjjrblues24
01-14-2010, 06:49 PM
The other day at my friends house....
Friend: How fast does your speedometer go to?
Me (With a confused look): like 150 i think somewhere around there
Friend: Dang your car is just a little faster than mine. Mine goes to 140 It would be a close race.

My friend drives a stock 2000 honda civic, mine is a stock (not for long) 2000 z28
I just looked at him smiled and agreed.

Ellsworth
01-14-2010, 07:26 PM
Kid at school was taking about his friends v6 eclipse

"hey I herd your cars fast"
me: "yeah its alright"
them: "you should race my friends Eclipse GT sometime"
me: "oh well maybe"
them: "yeah he just spent $800 on a cold air intake and exhaust"
me: "oh man, that cold air must add at least 100hp"
them: "yeah well its about 90hp and the exhaust is about 40hp"

I wish i could get an intake that adds 90hp!

or I get this

"is your car a 5 speed"
me"no its a 4 automatic"
"oh...you should of bought a 5 speed"
me: "well once i get my yank converter, with my 3.42 gears, ill be fine"
them: "oh..(with a confused look)

but I get people calling my car camaro all the time.

jrob56
01-14-2010, 08:34 PM

or I get this

"is your car a 5 speed"
me"no its a 4 automatic"

the auto/manual classic, i do the same thing though. mention a converter and gears and everyone shuts up unless they actually know what they are talking about....rare...

CrabhartLS1
01-14-2010, 10:58 PM
the auto/manual classic, i do the same thing though. mention a converter and gears and everyone shuts up unless they actually know what they are talking about....rare...

I guess the best response to ignorant automotive opinions is to spout out random engine talk, without necessarily making sense. If movies like fast and the furious have taught us anything, it's that people will believe whatever they hear about a topic they know nothing about.

00Z28Camaro
01-14-2010, 11:51 PM
A girl i work with came up to me and asked me what kind of car i drove. I told her a camaro and she said thats what i thought Adam(Guy we work with) told me it was a ferrari.

And back when i had my 90 mustang i had a guy ask me if it had the 5.0 v6. I said yep sure does.

ten5nova
01-16-2010, 06:23 AM

or I get this

"is your car a 5 speed"
me"no its a 4 automatic"

Fuckin' Eclipses!! I hate those turds!! I raced a new body style one about 7 years ago in my dad's 94 half ton Chevy 4 wheel drive farm truck. I smoked that car bad, it was pretty sad. It was a good race too, the kid was actually a descent driver, just didn't have enough car to beat a dirty farm truck. The best part is I was shifting an NV-4500 5 speed, not bad to shift, but they aren't exactly a Jerico either!! That kid was pissed needless to say!!:D

AronZ28
01-16-2010, 07:01 AM
Somebody once asked me if my Cadillac Brougham was FWD:jest::jest::jest::

http://www.fquick.com/images/vehicles/full/25595282982.jpg (http://www.fquick.com/garages/viewgallery.php?action=viewimg&id=282982)

Ke^in
01-16-2010, 08:14 AM
welll ive had multiple mustang owners ask to race... lol. that was pretty stupid of them.

Because I am sure there are no mustangs out there that can beat you. Ever.

EchoMirage
01-16-2010, 09:05 AM
i took my 78 TA to an autox once. i had more people come up and talk/ask me about it then i ever do with my 02. while i had the hood up letting it cool between runs, a typical ricer comes up and asks:

how big is that motor?
me: 400
oh.....whats that in liters?
me :rolleyes: 6.6
wow!! thats huge!! i had 3 cars and all 3 of them dont add up to 6.6!!

i can only imagine what he would have said if i had a 455, which is 7.2 liters.

06 6.0 GTO
01-16-2010, 09:30 AM
Somebody once asked me if my Cadillac Brougham was FWD:jest::jest::jest::

http://www.fquick.com/images/vehicles/full/25595282982.jpg (http://www.fquick.com/garages/viewgallery.php?action=viewimg&id=282982)

Now see i dont think thats such a stupid question as most of the cadillacs of the era were fwd. And while to you and other automobile afficianados the Fleetwood brougham might look way different then the FWD ones, in reality they are quite similiar, even to cadillac people.

justin455
01-16-2010, 09:34 AM
i took my 78 TA to an autox once. i had more people come up and talk/ask me about it then i ever do with my 02. while i had the hood up letting it cool between runs, a typical ricer comes up and asks:

how big is that motor?
me: 400
oh.....whats that in liters?
me :rolleyes: 6.6
wow!! thats huge!! i had 3 cars and all 3 of them dont add up to 6.6!!

i can only imagine what he would have said if i had a 455, which is 7.2 liters.

You can't really blame the kids for not understanding cubic inches. Civics don't impress the ladies when you say 97 cubic inches as the guy next to you has 400. Even an S2000 wouldn't be as cool as the S120

justin455
01-16-2010, 09:37 AM
Now see i dont think thats such a stupid question as most of the cadillacs of the era were fwd. And while to you and other automobile afficianados the Fleetwood brougham might look way different then the FWD ones, in reality they are quite similiar, even to cadillac people.

I was thinking the same. I can't tell which ones are which either. If someone ever asks again, tell them they have 10 seconds to figure it out. When they fail, then post so we all can laugh in amusement.

OUTLAWZ RACING
01-16-2010, 10:41 AM
This import guy ask me where did I get the wide body kit for my supra... I was like what? Its a camaro. The guy replied" You can put camaro fenders on a supra? I was like ummmm... Yeah sure why not. He then ask me to pop the hood so i did, He said, How did I make the inline six into a v6 six? I told him simple turn it around backwards, He was like dose it give more power ? I told him like 200 hp he smiled and said he is doing it lol!!!!!

LS1 Sounds
01-16-2010, 11:35 AM
This import guy ask me where did I get the wide body kit for my supra... I was like what? Its a camaro. The guy replied" You can put camaro fenders on a supra? I was like ummmm... Yeah sure why not. He then ask me to pop the hood so i did, He said, How did I make the inline six into a v6 six? I told him simple turn it around backwards, He was like dose it give more power ? I told him like 200 hp he smiled and said he is doing it lol!!!!!
Wow, that is funny but full of fail for the import guy.

araber89
01-16-2010, 12:33 PM

Winner!! New sig quote.

Greg Pippin
01-16-2010, 12:59 PM
A guy asked me if i was trying to make my T/A a sleeper car, because i dident have WS6 on it... My car is a NON-WS6 T/A with the flat hood.
I just shook my head and kept walking.

Squeaky192
01-16-2010, 02:04 PM
I was at O'RLYs and a kid that works there with a riced Probe, who somehow lost his license in it, asked if my car was for sale.

Of course, I said "anything is for sale for the right price."

In which he responded, "Oh, well I don't want it, it probably doesn't even have a WS6 in it anyway."

I said, "you're right," and walked out... :bomb:

OUTLAWZ RACING
01-16-2010, 11:28 PM
I was at O'RLYs and a kid that works there with a riced Probe, who somehow lost his license in it, asked if my car was for sale.

Of course, I said "anything is for sale for the right price."

In which he responded, "Oh, well I don't want it, it probably doesn't even have a WS6 in it anyway."

I said, "you're right," and walked out... :bomb:

How do u install a ws6? do u have a part number lmfao!!!

jordan 98 z28
01-16-2010, 11:44 PM
I was in autozone getting a pcv valve.

guy: what type of car
me: 1998 camaro
guy: toyota right?
me: yes sir.
guy: i can't find it in the computer
me: ok ill go try oreilly's then

Rodimus_Prime
01-16-2010, 11:58 PM
Before reading keep in mind I'm 28 years old

I have a 89 Turbo Trans Am, which has the pace car stickers on the door and the full date of the Indy 500 that it paced. Some post office guy at a gas station walks out and says are you the original owner of this car?

So I say nooooo I was 7 years old when this car was built.

slayerized6
01-17-2010, 02:48 AM
I was in autozone getting a pcv valve.

guy: what type of car
me: 1998 camaro
guy: toyota right?
me: yes sir.
guy: i can't find it in the computer
me: ok ill go try oreilly's then

the first time i went to autozone and had to buy a part for my car i just said "98 Trans Am." Guy was an idiot; was looking under chevrolet, then he thought i meant trans sport, then grand am.

yada yada yada, In conclusion, everytime i go to the parts store, i get in the habit of saying "1998 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 5.7"

ten5nova
01-18-2010, 06:37 AM
the first time i went to autozone and had to buy a part for my car i just said "98 Trans Am." Guy was an idiot; was looking under chevrolet, then he thought i meant trans sport, then grand am.

yada yada yada, In conclusion, everytime i go to the parts store, i get in the habit of saying "1998 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 5.7"

When I go to the parts stores to get generic small block Chevy items, no matter what I'm working on, usually some kind of car that didn't come with the SB thats in it, I alway say 76 Chevy, 1/2 ton, 4WD, automatic transmission, and vynal floor, hand crank windows, gun rack, and its blue....
just to be a smart ass!!! But seriously, the 76 Chevy truck thing will get you just about any old style small block chevy listing in most parts store computer systems.

Joshiedoom
01-18-2010, 01:49 PM
How do u install a ws6? do u have a part number lmfao!!!

Most people think that it is the 6 speed. No joke, i heard that at least 4 times the first few weeks I got my t/a.

squee
01-18-2010, 03:29 PM
When I go to the parts stores to get generic small block Chevy items, no matter what I'm working on, usually some kind of car that didn't come with the SB thats in it, I alway say 76 Chevy, 1/2 ton, 4WD, automatic transmission, and vynal floor, hand crank windows, gun rack, and its blue....
just to be a smart ass!!! But seriously, the 76 Chevy truck thing will get you just about any old style small block chevy listing in most parts store computer systems.

Very true. I have to do that alot with my '69 C10 since I swapped the motor and went with the newer heads with tappered seat spark plugs and all the newer style accessories.

ten5nova
01-18-2010, 09:02 PM
Very true. I have to do that alot with my '69 C10 since I swapped the motor and went with the newer heads with tappered seat spark plugs and all the newer style accessories.

I know what you mean, parts stoor guys have no concept of an engine swap!! I love going to the parts store to get random parts for my Nova and tell them I'm working on an 03' Yukon because of the 5.3 swap!! It's also funny to get parts for a 2.5 ton C60 we have, and tell them its a 96 Chev truck because of the Vortec headed 350 we built for it!! Ah.. parts stores are fun!!!

kevin ws7
01-18-2010, 09:09 PM
Does it get good gas mileage?
or What kind of mileage do you get?
or I bet its hard on gas.

Like I hope so.

cfallsguy
01-18-2010, 09:52 PM
People always ask me where i got my camaro, i never can figure out why.

MeentSS02
01-18-2010, 11:15 PM
People keep asking me two questions:

1. Are the rims big?
2. Do it ride good?

GothMetalForever
01-18-2010, 11:23 PM
No words were spoken...They weren't necessary...

A V6 Camaro pulls into my driveway.....with a Z34(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) badge on it...

Why? WHY?

CrabhartLS1
01-19-2010, 12:01 AM
No words were spoken...They weren't necessary...

A V6 Camaro pulls into my driveway.....with a Z34(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) badge on it...

Why? WHY?

Because it's 6 better.

AznMuscle
01-19-2010, 12:27 AM
People keep asking me two questions:

1. Are the rims big?
2. Do it ride good?

Beautiful.

ncgoat
01-19-2010, 12:46 AM
People are always asking what is a G8 GT and who builds them . I tell some of them that it is a new BMW

AronZ28
01-19-2010, 01:20 AM
People always say "Man that is a nice Fleetwood" when talking about my 1991 Brougham. I forgive them though, because Cadillac really got wonky with the names in 1985 when they introduced the new FWD Deville and FWD Fleetwood.

Jazz-LT1
01-19-2010, 12:27 PM
Questions about my 1994 Formula.

1. What year Corvette is that?
2. Did you put a 'Vette motor in there? How hard was that?
3. How fast (top end speed) will it go?
4. You know nitrous will blow up your motor right?

223HAWK
01-19-2010, 02:04 PM
i love the Vette motor stuff..I hear it all the time so I just think that its normal for people to ask it lol dumb red necks

223HAWK
01-19-2010, 02:09 PM

I have to do that all the time with telling 2000 PONTIAC Trans Am 5.7 V8 lol

AHH I love that..Im always like just get out of the way..I probably Know how to work the computer better..lol..or can find the part faster..

Then oil filters..I know the Wix number and I tell them and they ask "What year"..I told you the fawkin part number just go get it..

squee
01-19-2010, 03:23 PM
I have to do that all the time with telling 2000 PONTIAC Trans Am 5.7 V8 lol

AHH I love that..Im always like just get out of the way..I probably Know how to work the computer better..lol..or can find the part faster..

Then oil filters..I know the Wix number and I tell them and they ask "What year"..I told you the fawkin part number just go get it..

I have the same problems. lol I usually shove them out the way and find it myself or just look up the part number before I go and then give it to them, yet they still ask what vehicle its for. :bang:

ten5nova
01-19-2010, 10:32 PM
Yeah, parts store guys are priceless!! Just because they got a raise to 7.50/hour from the minimum they were making, they think they must be some automotive savvy bastard!! When I think about some of the local parts store guys I deal with from time to time I just have to laugh. I know the guy that owns the local O'Reilly store, pretty smart dude, done a lot of racing, and he said he can't find anyone that is worth a shit to work in his store!! He said that asside from not having any auto knowledge, most of them have zero customer service skill either. My buddy owns a wrecking yard/parts business, I usually get what I can from him. Little shit like clamps, hoses, oil, etc... I have break down and go to the parts store for. Grin and bear it I guess!!

ten5nova
01-19-2010, 10:38 PM
One more parts store story: My brother has a 71 Nova that used to have a 400 SB in it. he said before he learned that you have to lie about what you are working on to get the parts you need, he said one guy told him that it's impossible that he has a Nova with a 400 in it!! My bro says that he realizes the car came with a 350, but now it has a 400!! The parts guy told him that since the car never came with a 400 he can't get him stuff for it!!! My brother said, have a nice day, and went some place else. He said he quickly realized that you don't dare tell them what you are really working on!!

Matt Gill
01-20-2010, 10:21 AM
This stuff is hilarious on here what some of you go through. I got real lucky though when it comes to a parts store. There is an autozone by my house and of course its full of the fools that I have to tell them everytime its a 1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 5.7 V8. But there is a woman that works there too, shes been there awhile and she has an 01' Camaro SS and a 96' WS6, she always drives one of them there so I usually dont go unless I see her car. She knows seriously everyyyyyyyything about both the LT1 and the LS1, she turned her LT1 into a pure drag car now I beleive. So its pretty damn cool that I can go in there and ask her anything and shes like oh yeah here do this, or you need that, etc and I dont have to deal with the BS. :nod:

01 ss vert
01-20-2010, 11:51 AM
This stuff is hilarious on here what some of you go through. I got real lucky though when it comes to a parts store. There is an autozone by my house and of course its full of the fools that I have to tell them everytime its a 1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 5.7 V8. But there is a woman that works there too, shes been there awhile and she has an 01' Camaro SS and a 96' WS6, she always drives one of them there so I usually dont go unless I see her car. She knows seriously everyyyyyyyything about both the LT1 and the LS1, she turned her LT1 into a pure drag car now I beleive. So its pretty damn cool that I can go in there and ask her anything and shes like oh yeah here do this, or you need that, etc and I dont have to deal with the BS. :nod:

Women that know their stuff = sexy!

SunsetT/A
01-20-2010, 12:42 PM
This is a great topic.....Some real funny stuff.
Mine is more of a statement then a question.
I got into a slightly heated discussion with one of my long time friends and self proclaimed car guy, which had just purchased a Honda Civic SI....soon after he threw on exhaust, cold air intake.....and then come the questions on my T/A most of which were about track times.....well needless to say when I threw down my fastest track time.....he said: "well that’s not that fast.....I could easily keep up with you.......really maybe a second or two....Id be right on your ass." I said well we will just haft to see then. Best part of the story another friend that was there….which knows not a damn things about cars….but had started getting into shows like pinks and such….looks at me after he had left….with a dead serious face…”wouldn’t most people call that an ass whipping.”

Matt Gill
01-20-2010, 03:15 PM
Women that know their stuff = sexy!

Hell yeah man, too bad shes taken lol

ten5nova
01-20-2010, 03:20 PM
Nasty cars attract the wierdest people I swear!! I remember one time a few of us local racers were on the way to one of the tracks we run at when we made a fuel stop about half way there. My buddy had his 70 Chevelle on an open trailer, and this long haired hippy dude and his hot ass daughter walk up to us. He throws out that classic poser line, "I used to have one just like this." Well long story short, his didn't have a 480" big block, didn't run 10.60's, wasn't the same color, had different options, and I don't think was even the same year!!! But of course it was "just like" my buddy's car!! Here's the kicker of this story, the guy's daugther, about 20 years old I guess, was a national quick draw pistol shooter!!! Oh and did I mention she was HOT!! The best part is she shot a 45 magnum!! Dirty Harry shit!! She gave us a bunch of professionally done pics she had of herself, and was really cool about the whole encounter. Like I said, cars attract the damndest people!! Never would have happened if we wouldn't have had race cars with us. I can only immagine how wound up that dude would have got if he would have seen our super pro altered that was in the enclosed trailer!!! Wierd

EchoMirage
01-20-2010, 04:22 PM
The best part is she shot a 45 magnum!! Dirty Harry shit!!

its a 45 colt or 44 magnum. not both.

ten5nova
01-20-2010, 06:48 PM
Whatever, you know what I mean, sorry!!!

thunderstruck507
01-20-2010, 06:59 PM
Whatever, you know what I mean, sorry!!!

haha true but think about it this way: on some gun forum there is a thread "Dumbest thing someone asked you about your gun?"

"this one guy told me he had a .45 magnum just like mine and the one dirty harry used"

:D

just messin

96Formula6spd
01-20-2010, 09:32 PM
Best one was a guy in a pickup truck asked me what engine was in my car. I replied its a lt1. He was like is that the v6? Um sure....then he is like want to race. Wooped him in first gear let off and waited 10 seconds before I hear a truck pass me.

amstech
01-20-2010, 09:42 PM
And I Quote:

"is that 305 fuel injected right"

sw07gt
01-20-2010, 10:14 PM
Just the occasional "is that a v6 or a v8" question. I can't believe how often I can convince people that my cammed Z28 is a V6 camaro with a muffler delete and a bad miss at idle.

ten5nova
01-21-2010, 02:00 PM
haha true but think about it this way: on some gun forum there is a thread "Dumbest thing someone asked you about your gun?"

"this one guy told me he had a .45 magnum just like mine and the one dirty harry used"

:D

just messin

OK OK .... So I'm not a pistol expert!!! If I would have known that all LS1tech members are pistol experts I would have kept my mouth shut. Besides, I know way more about medium bore riffles (.257). I thought people might get a kick out of the fact that I met a young, hot, blonde girl that can shoot 44 MAGNUMS with one hand better than most of us can with two hands. I guess I should have left the second part of the story out. I knew I was wrong when I typed that, I just couldn't quite figure out why.
SORRY!!

justin455
01-21-2010, 06:52 PM
OK OK .... So I'm not a pistol expert!!! If I would have known that all LS1tech members are pistol experts I would have kept my mouth shut. Besides, I know way more about medium bore riffles (.257). I thought people might get a kick out of the fact that I met a young, hot, blonde girl that can shoot 44 MAGNUMS with one hand better than most of us can with two hands. I guess I should have left the second part of the story out. I knew I was wrong when I typed that, I just couldn't quite figure out why.
SORRY!!

Yeah, LS1Tech is littered with gun-lovin, truck-drivin rednecks...said with love...don't shoot me.

98PurpleT/A
01-24-2010, 06:03 AM
clueless guy in a parking lot.(true story)

clueless guy:nice car,man.
me:thanks
clueless guy:it's got a V8,right?
me:right.
clueless guy:how many cylinders?
me: umm....:eyes:

Same thing happened to me.

AWD_Launch
01-24-2010, 01:11 PM
Honda Civic STI

Funny, I've never heard of that. I know of Subaru STI's or Honda Civic SiR or Si's

DlXlE
01-24-2010, 02:14 PM
Shortly after I bought my T/A, upgraded from a v6 bird, I was showing it to a friend with a v6 Mustang. He still would not admit I would beat him until we actually ran. I quickly told him it was not worth the gas because it would be a slaughter. His girl chimed in telling my he could catch me in the turns, I laughed and told her making it a road course would be like throwing salt on a very large wound. V6 stangs(at lease the early 2000 models) can't handle for shit!

Shackleford
01-24-2010, 07:19 PM
its a 45 colt or 44 magnum. not both.

How about that avatar.

bill12690
01-25-2010, 05:53 PM
dumbest question..... or one of them...

"is that a mustang?"

happysem
01-25-2010, 09:13 PM
dumbest question..... or one of them...

"is that a mustang?"

I got that from my manager once.

I left early.

tkimrey
01-25-2010, 11:28 PM
"Your radiator is shiny....":confused:

That would be my intercooler...but thanks anyway.

supernova1972
01-25-2010, 11:30 PM
"Your radiator is shiny....":confused:

That would be my intercooler...but thanks anyway.

I could understand that from someone who doesn't know turbos. My dad has been into hotrodding since the 70s but I doubt hed know what an intercooler is.

MrElectric03
01-26-2010, 12:06 AM
As im driving my firebird..."Whatcha got in that Camaro?"

As im driving my Vette..."What kind of Ferarri is that?"

01ssreda4
01-26-2010, 01:46 AM
Got one today.

Service guy driving an M6 with a Tex clutch: killed it 4 times getting to the lift.
He says "hey man you got cats?"
Owner "no"
Guy "so you cut them off?"
Owner "yep"
Guy "Yeah I could tell, kept wanting to die on me. See the cats regulate the fuel. Thats why its hard to take off"
Owner "it has a cam and a Tex clutch"
Guy "uh huh"
Owner "i had a guy come down from out of state to tune the computer"
Guy "uh huh"
Owner "you know, with HPTuners?
Guy "yeah, well I knew a guy with a mustang that took his cats off once. He just ran straight pipes. I told him not to. Well after about 6 months he burnt the valves in that motor. Thats why you cant cut them off. Your valves burn up."
Owner "uh huh"
Guy "Yeah you gotta go to a speed shop to get some good cats to put on there. They run about $900 bucks or so for the whole set-up"
Owner "ok, thanks :thumb:"

:bang: :bang: :bang:

Raven02TA
01-26-2010, 02:45 AM
wife calle dme today on her way home from work...... there is a guy at her job that has a pretty nice LS1 Z with an SS hood/spoiler and factory GFX.

she was telling me how much the guy is basically in love with my car. everything from the sound to the hood, to the wheels.... etc etc etc.... she said he just kept going on about the car. apparently to him and his friends my car is some sort of local legend that i have no clue about. they have seen it at car shows, and the track . i think i have a stalker......

anywho, somehow they got onto the conversation of my next motor and she had mentioned ill be swapping it out. (mind you my wife has no clue about cars, but knows my plans) she said he asked if i was putting in a 600 ci block with a blower and nitrous? lol now, i know my wife doesnt know a lot. but she knows enough to chuckle at him and say no. its a 408 ci and he will be spraying a Direct port 250 wet shot.......

she said his he asked why i wanted to go slower? (keep in mind, im running 10.60's on a 100 shot.) she said she sorta just laughed and the conversation went numb.....

Raven02TA
01-26-2010, 02:46 AM
oh and my other favorite is when i get this comment

"hey you might want to get that car checked out. it sounds like it wants to die"

commenting on the TREX cam lope :rolleyes:

Raven02TA
01-26-2010, 02:51 AM
I'm doing this next time I see a Ferrari owner next to their car. :D

maybe ill go to the new ferrari dealer by carmax up here and look at the new mustangs.

Johnny-LT1-runner
01-26-2010, 02:14 PM
:lol:, people nowadays. Some dude in the LT1 section, *on this site*, said if you take EGR off it'll burn up your engine.