Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Valeo LT4 PP and Misc Disk? Flywheel?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 03:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Valeo LT4 PP and Misc Disk? Flywheel?

Okay I've been looking around at clutches. I was pleased with my spec stage 2. Now from my understanding, the best pressure plate you can get for an LT1 pull style clutch is a LT4 pressure plate...now with that...can you just put in any disk designed for an LT1 clutch? So I could go to Oreillys, Autozone, or Advance and get a clutch w/ the LT4 pressure plate then either call Spec, Ram, or Mcleod and order an appropriate disk

Also I have about 150k on this flywheel. It's gone through at least two clutches that I know of. How many times can these be resurfaced and reused on a new clutch or it it better if I go ahead and buy a new steel flywheel
Old 05-03-2008, 05:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

yes you can buy a Autozone LT4 clutch and then a disc of your choice.

IMHO 3 times is the max I would resurface a flywheel..

You can get a reman from auto stores (Kragen) for $35 with your core.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's what I did...O'Reilly special with a Mcleod disc. Question...my old clutch - it looks to be an LT4 pp...cause it does not have the thin ribbed fingers, they are flat, and it says Valeo right on the pressure plate. So is that definitely not my factory clutch?
Old 05-13-2008, 12:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

The "Valeo" is the factory clutch but is also sold under many brand names and sometimes the PP is painted per a clutch brand. Valeo makes the LT 1 & 4 clutch, among others.

A SPEC rep responded to my ? recently..... Well, without giving away the secret recipe...it all comes down to modified leverage. We build our plates in a way that allows for increased clamp load without any siginificant increase in required pedal effort."

Quick Reply: Valeo LT4 PP and Misc Disk? Flywheel?