Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SES only at idle.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 01:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SES only at idle.

Story. I overrevved my car a couple weeks back. It wasn't a mechanical overrev. I missed forth and hit the gas while the car was still in neutral. I swapped all the pushrods as I had two bent. Put everything back together and the SES light was on solid. I drove it around and didn't seem to have any problems but the light wouldn't go off and would flash at idle. I took it to the dealership. They pulled the valve covers off and checked the pushrods and said none were bent again. They said that I had a vacuum leak from the EVAP hose. They replaced that. They said the metal tube that goes in the top of the intake behind the throttle body was bent and also not sealing properly so they fixed that. They also performed a leakdown test and said that cylinder 7 was about 20psi low. They cleared all the codes and took it for a test drive and said everything was good and there were no more misfires at idle so I picked it up. Drove it home and let it idle for about 2 minutes in my drive and the damn SES light came back on. I took it back and they are pulling the valve cover off again on the driver side to check things. They said I may have a bent valve and they want over 2,000.00 to pull the heads and check it. I'm not going to let them do that. I need some more advice as to what it could be. I have no loss of power. The codes that the PCM was throwing was P0300 when not flashing and a code that shows misfires specifically on Cylinder 2 and 7.