Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch swap, now car has ignition problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 12:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch swap, now car has ignition problem

Replaced the clutch. Car started a couple of times. Drove it around. Try to start it the next day and it wouldn't start. Car turns over but will not start. Soooooo. After reading I realize we might have knocked the crank positioning sensor. So I go underneath and unplug it. Hear the fuel pump pressurize and the car starts. Ok turn it off and now it wont start again. I also noticed that i can't put the car into reverse. So I unplug the CKP sensor again and now the car will go into reverse and will start. So I start it and then turn it off. No surprise will not start again, and will not go into reverse. So I go back to the reverse lockout. UNplug it and plug it back it. Car will start and go into reverse. Turn it off and will do neither again. So I unplug the reverse lockout and leave it unplugged. Car will start every time now, but will not go into reverse. Pinched wire? whats the deal. I was pretty careful about watching the wires, but lets hear the answer to this riddle.