Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

AEM boost controller very notchy feeling....help

Old 05-06-2008, 07:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Default AEM boost controller very notchy feeling....help

Just finished throwing in an AEM boost controller and have been rewarded with some very erratic ( I call it notchy ) boost. I havent ever messed with one of these so I could used some help. The instructions werent real helpful (at least to me)

I set the "spring pressure" deal around 7.5 because that is supposed to be what the spring is set at in my JGS gate.

Then I played with the a and b duty cycle which the instructions suck on but Im guessing that is how you set boost levels?

With the setting in off, I get a very smooth 5 lbs of wastegate only boost with no issues.

I set "a" at "39" for starters at i get just under 9 lbs of very erratic boost that keeps building and letting off, over and over very rapidly and annoyingly like the solenoid is the slowest responding thing. I set "b" at "18" duty cycle and pretty much get the same results as "A" does

Am I super dumb? About to rig up a nice manual BC, at least it would be smooth.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are 3 settings on the AEM. Off, A & B. If you see 5lbs with the controller off, that is what is your gate. Set spring pressure to 5 on the controller. Then setting A & B are on a percentage base higher than the base 5lbs. Generic rule of thumb is a controller can double whatever spring you have in the gate. So anywhere 80% and higher I would guess you to see 10lbs.

Search this Thread