Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

APS Coolant line tightening

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 07:42 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Default APS Coolant line tightening

Ok so my kit is done and i was filling up with coolant and the drivers side lines are dribbling out coolant, much not be tight enough.... DOH! Im sure this has happened to a few of you, its so tight in there, any tips to tightening the coolant lines on drivers side turbo and the one on driver side engine block? Thanks!

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 05-06-2008, 10:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took an 11\16 wrench and cut a 3\8 of an inch gap in the box end so that it could slide over the line. I also had to heat and bend the wrench to about a 30 degree angle. Still a bitch but the 12 point of the box end lets you tighten a little bit at a time. Get that thing running!
Old 05-07-2008, 06:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gear wrenches maybe and they do make all sorts of weird wrenches. Doesn't dropping the k member make things easier or is that way too much work. Hoping to have better luck on my install. It does seem you have a pretty good trade off for workiing on the turbos with where APS put them over say putting them high up in engine bay. Always pluses and minuses ,looks like spark plug access is decent with the aps setup though.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:20 AM
9 Second Club

I had to tighten all of mine. Even my oil plugs were not tight and they were allready installed. I monkey fucked a wrench to get it in there.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:58 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I spent 4 hrs one Sat morning tightening the coolant and oil lines after I filled fluids the night before. Came out in the morning to some drips. That was not my favorite part of the install as there is VERY little room to work once everything is in. Just be patient and you will get it. I learned a lot of new contortion moves I never knew my body was capable of. And of course uttered every explecative in the book.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:16 PM
11 Second Club

looks like we all got fucked on this. i had the coolant plugs on top of the lines leaking and they were allready installed..lol

Quick Reply: APS Coolant line tightening