Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

head swap questions??????

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 08:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default head swap questions??????

i think i have 241 castings on the car now (correct me if im wrong) and in 2 weeks i have a window in my schedule to do my cam swap along with my ls6 springs that i bought, but i only have a 3 day window to do the entire swap and im not the fastest worker out there. part 2 is a while back i picked up a set of 806 cast heads and cleaned them up, now do you guys think that i could cut some time out and assemble those heads with the ls6 springs or should i stick with my heads i have on the car and just replace those with the new springs??? will the 806's even work on the car i mean i have the valvecovers and the coils for them
Old 05-06-2008, 08:58 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unless the 806 heads have a good amount of port work done, we would suggest sticking with your 241 heads and just swap the springs.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by yamaharacer114
i think i have 241 castings on the car now (correct me if im wrong) and in 2 weeks i have a window in my schedule to do my cam swap along with my ls6 springs that i bought, but i only have a 3 day window to do the entire swap and im not the fastest worker out there. part 2 is a while back i picked up a set of 806 cast heads and cleaned them up, now do you guys think that i could cut some time out and assemble those heads with the ls6 springs or should i stick with my heads i have on the car and just replace those with the new springs??? will the 806's even work on the car i mean i have the valvecovers and the coils for them
Dude, save ur money and do it right the first time, i just did no regreds!!! and 3 days is not long enough for slow machanic.....lol....good luck...
Old 05-07-2008, 06:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stick with your 241 heads. You should be able to change the cam and springs in three days. You might/will need longer if you change the heads.

The cam and springs were easier than the heads. I spent 1/2 day just cleaning up the block.

Bill