Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

RAM HD clutch slippage !?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 12:25 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RAM HD clutch slippage !?!?!?

Clutch worked fine before I pulled the motor to rebuild it with about the same power on a 347 forged TT setup 8-10 lbs and about 600 RWHP and TQ. Clutch had about 8K miles and worse I had before was minor chatter in 4th or 5th gear under a load going down the highway. I just broke my motor in for 500 miles and noticed it slipping in 5th or 6th gear under acceleration from time to time but now it seems to be slipping badly in any gear at WOT, feels like the tires are breaking loose and they may be slightly but it is definitely slipping.

I did by mistake end of separating the slave cylinder line at the quick disconnect point thinking I had when I pulled the motor but it did not leak any fluid. Do I need to adjust the clutch if possible or perhaps bleed the system. Will this help, what is a tried and true way to test the clutch for mechanical failure.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what I know a resurface flywheel needs to be done befor it is putback in the hydrolic line could be pinch how is the pedal feel?
Old 05-07-2008, 12:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I re-used the pressure plate and flywheel and used some 40 grit sandpaper to smooth it out a bit. The pedal feels normal and works fine as before, appears to engage at 3/4 disengagement from the floor so closer to the top but that is the way it was before as well.