Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60E Shifting hard (2 rebuilds in 28K miles)

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 01:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4L60E Shifting hard (2 rebuilds in 28K miles)

Last year my trans took a dump on me, it had 112K so I figured why not get a rebuild I'll probably never have to worry about it again. That time I had lost Neutral and 2nd or 3rd (I forget), the problem was a damaged sunshell. 7 months later my trans started shifting really hard again, I drove all the way from Orange County to LA, and the first light I stopped at off the freeway my car wouldnt move it would just rev really high. I still had reverse but I lost all forward gears, I was 5000 miles past the warranty(1 yr 12K) on my last rebuild so I had to shell out 1500 for another rebuild at 129K. It's been about 9 months and 10K since my last rebuild(thankfully I'm still under that warranty) and my tranny is shifting hard again, it bangs hard on the 1-2 shift under heavy acceleration, and slips under heavy acceleration at higher speeds and shifts roughly(not hard like the 1-2) into all other gears. It doesnt shift hard under normal/light acceleration, you guys know what the problem may be??? I'm 3 grand deep in the last 28k miles, and I'd like to spend money on something other than my trans for a change.

Quick Reply: 4L60E Shifting hard (2 rebuilds in 28K miles)