Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

GM master acting like a McLoed?

Old 05-08-2008, 05:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM master acting like a McLoed?

I've been doing some reading and it seems as if my stock Gm master cylinder is acting more like a Mcloed master that most complain about. I just installed a spec3+ clutch about 900 miles ago along with a new slave and master. For the past week or so, the engagement has been very inconsistant. If I pump it fast or make quick shifts, the clutch will engage right off the floor with alot of free play at the top of the pedal. After driving for a little while the pedal comes back up. I've bled the crap out of the hydraulics and im still stuck at square 1.
Anyone have any ideas or know what I should do next?
Old 05-08-2008, 09:31 PM
Teching In

Could my master cylinder have crapped with such low miles?
Old 05-08-2008, 11:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a spec stage 2 and it is doing the same thing. I have 2K on all new slave, master, and clutch. I bled the crap out of mine too with no luck. I am getting a new master cylinder (ACDelco and it should be here monday). It feels like it is bleeding past somewhere or letting air in, but the fluid is clean and full and there is no fluid under the car. If you figure it out, let me know.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:39 PM
TECH Regular

i had a similar problem, i did the drill mod, and the adj. master mod, and it worked really well after that.

Search this Thread