Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

shifter button stuck - please help urgent

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 11:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default shifter button stuck - please help urgent

i went to my car tonight to go get some food and when i tried to push the little black shifter button in, it wouldn't budge at all. the black button came out easily, but i couldn't put it back in to shift out of park. i messed around with the spring inside the shift **** just by sticking my pinky in there, and a couple time I was able to push the black button all the way back in but it still would not shift. i searched a couple threads and someone said the dealership charged them like $350 to fix the exact same problem. personally i think that's ******* outrageous and I cannot afford to do that right now. I start work with a new job for the summer at a place 2 hours away from here on tuesday so i NEED to be able to drive it. could i just buy a replacement **** or something? or hacksaw off the lock that prevents me from shifting out of park? PLEASE HELP

Kyle
Old 05-10-2008, 08:26 PM
Teching In

Try putting the e-break on. Sometimes that works for me. I just give it a real hard squeeze (brute force) when I need it to unstick.

And I mean real hard. Sometimes just one hand doesnt do it, but most of the time.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

e-brake, turn the steering wheel.

Can you pull the whole shifter off? is it the t-handle type?

did the pin holding it on pop out

I have all my extra parts (shifter, handles, n crap) from my TH400 swap more than willing to ship them to ya see if that works and we can handle it from there boss

sending PM with my number; its midnight i'll be up. I have the GM service guides I can scan in if need be
willing to help
Old 05-12-2008, 04:20 PM
Staging Lane

had this same problem in my firehawk, got stuck in reverse. i pulled the T handle off and found out the little guide pin in the button was broke and stopping me from pressing it in to swich gears. so now i have to shift without using the T handle, looks ridiculous haha