General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Still hesitating

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 09:20 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Still hesitating

Yeah this is kind of annoying because it's hard to explain. First off, 2nd gear doesn't pull, like I mean I feel I should slow down and go through first to get any decent acceleration, secondly I was cruising around a bend through the city at about 80 Kilometers an hour in 4th gear, I put the throttle down about a 1/3 to 1/2 and I can feel hesitation in the pedal; like the car chugs a bit and doesn't want to go. It really seems to do it through 2nd and 3rd when driving in traffic, other times she seems to just go and not hesitate. I mean in all honesty, should I be feeling anything in the pedal at all? Something is for sure holding it back and for the longest time I thought it was ASR or that is was normal for the car to not pull that hard till it passed about 60 KM/H and getting 3000+ rpm.

I cleaned my MAF which was dirty but keep in mind I did have the SES light come on last year after doing a highway run. It went off when I was on my way to get it checked and for 80 bucks they told me they had to replace it and was 300 bucks etc etc. So maybe thats affecting because I have no idea.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

check for vacuum leaks and make sure all your sensors and connections are clean . . . hope you get it fixed dude!
Old 05-09-2008, 05:17 PM
Staging Lane

I'm not sure how to do any of that, could you point me in the right direction
Old 05-09-2008, 05:48 PM
Launching!

a easy way to check for vacuum leaks is spay some starter fluid around the vacuum lines while engine is running (make sure not to get it on the hot exhaust) if your rpms go up then you found it. For checking the sensors...... pull the plugs on them and make sure there isnt any like green looking decay on the connector or sensor. the green stuff would be like what you find on battery post on a old battery.
hope this helps !

good luck,
Greg
Old 05-10-2008, 07:33 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Fuel filter?
Old 05-11-2008, 05:41 PM
Staging Lane

Well I had it changed last summer but not this year yet, will do soon. Anyway's is it possible all this crap is just ASR? Does asr only work when the low trac light comes on?
Old 05-13-2008, 03:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KylerCavers
Well I had it changed last summer but not this year yet, will do soon. Anyway's is it possible all this crap is just ASR? Does asr only work when the low trac light comes on?
not necessarily; i tried something a while back; i kept my ASR on and punched it while i was in 1st (M6), the car seemes to bog down a lil. I took ASR off and did the same thing and i spun the wheels. throughout this test the LOWTRAC light NEVER came on.

How many miles are on ur car? try using a fuel injector cleaner AND a complete fuel system cleaner. STP makes good ones and you can find them at any auto parts store. i have been running that in my car for ever and i recently used it inmy Blazer which felt like it couldn't get out of its own way and now the truck feels like it is alive again and my gas mileage shot up (13mpg to 16mpg)
Old 05-14-2008, 12:07 PM
Staging Lane

Well the car has 94,000 kilometers, so 80 some thousand miles I guess, anyway speaking of gas mileage I'm getting maybe 300 km's to a tank, feel like I should be getting more. I may try the injector cleaner.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:26 PM
Staging Lane

Well a buddy of mine who works at GM dealer got one his co workers to scan my car and it wasn't throwing any codes. He reset the fuel system and told me to drive it for a couple days and shift a bit higher in the rpm range, then said to come back and if it was still hesitating they'd take a closer look at it. All I can say it's still chugging a bit, even if i have it to the floor with asr off. Hopefully i'll be able to figure it out.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My car was hesitating off and on and not throwing a code, it turned out to be the 02 sensors, so I just replaced those with some Denso ones and problem gone.

pat
Old 05-15-2008, 09:10 PM
Staging Lane

You guys know a good place to buy 02 sensors, their wicked expensive locally here.