Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

spring help

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 02:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spring help

I have a 2001 camaro ss and i need to lower it big time. need some ideas for 1 1/2 & 2'' lowering kits. whats good whats bad what looks good you know all the good stuff!! brand that i should go with. THANKS.
Old 05-09-2008, 03:42 PM
TECH Addict

Get you some Konis and Stranos you wont regret it.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:24 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

We offer a very good spring shock package. Tokico hp series for the shocks and BMR SP001 for your springs. Here's a link, so you can see what a car with our springs and shocks installed on it looks like. If you have any further questions please contact me. http://www.bmrfabrication.com/cc/wayne.jpg http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F-bodySuspension.htm
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 05-14-2008, 12:29 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Your question is quite basic. There isn't just a simple answer as far as I'm concerned. I don't feel that any old thing is ok, but I also know what you can get as a result by combining the right parts for the job at hand.

Frankly, if looks were all that truly mattered, you'd just need a set of springs you like. But most of us drive our cars, and many drive them pretty spiritedly, and personally I demand something that's better than just passable.

The first question you need to ask yourself is what you want to change about how the car drives. The second is what kind of cars have you been in that you'd like your car to feel more like, and what if anything was done to them. Then we can get a sense of what you need and when. Without some sort of background, I can't make any sort of recommendation to you that's anything more than a educated guess.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 05-15-2008, 03:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SHINOKK2
I have a 2001 camaro ss and i need to lower it big time. need some ideas for 1 1/2 & 2'' lowering kits. whats good whats bad what looks good you know all the good stuff!! brand that i should go with. THANKS.
If you want the best Strano with Koni's.....

If you are on a budget, get KYB's and used springs that are not sportlines (they suck and always sag!)

On my old dumdumdumdum I got used springs for 120$ (intrax) and KYB AGX for the front 100Each and KYB Gas adjust 50 each. So a little more than 3 bills I got new shocks and springs that had no prob's.

But if you want the best you gotta pay for it...
Old 05-15-2008, 03:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Automaticfastic
If you want the best Strano with Koni's.....

If you are on a budget, get KYB's and used springs that are not sportlines (they suck and always sag!)

On my old dumdumdumdum I got used springs for 120$ (intrax) and KYB AGX for the front 100Each and KYB Gas adjust 50 each. So a little more than 3 bills I got new shocks and springs that had no prob's.

But if you want the best you gotta pay for it...

I have no clue how the dumdumdumdum got there, amazing. I swear I put in dumdumdumdum.... Weird, im dumbfounded on that one... must of had my mind someone else.
Old 05-15-2008, 03:26 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Automaticfastic
I have no clue how the dumdumdumdum got there, amazing. I swear I put in dumdumdumdum.... Weird, im dumbfounded on that one... must of had my mind someone else.
Omg I cant beleive it it put it in again a mazing.I Fing swear to god im putting in M A R O ! ! ! ! !

Quick Reply: spring help