Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Flex???

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 03:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Flex???

About 2 years ago I installed UMI's LCA's to relieve wheel hop. A few months later I installed SLP's SFCs (bolt-on). Last year I went aspirated. With the new power I had real traction issues, so about 3 weeks ago I had a shop install UMI's adjustable torque arm and relocation brackets for the LCAs. Well, about a week later my front windshield cracked. The guy who replaced the glass is 100% certain that it is from body flexing. I haven't even gotten on it since the TA install. Anyways, is the TA (or relo brackets) install causing the body flex? The TA is adjustable but I left in the position it was delivered in. I have no idea how to adjust that thing.

BTW... I tried to call UMI, but they're closed for the weekend. All comments are welcome.

Thanks, Jim
Old 05-09-2008, 09:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont think either of those would have anything to do with the body flexing. the torque arm just basically keeps the entire axle assembly from spinning around when you hit the gas, and the relocation brackets just change the geometry of the lca... its possible to have maybe twisted the frame launching it at the track if you ever did with out the sfc's. other than that i would take it to a body shop and have them check the straightness of your frame..