Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

How to restore a car to stock height?

Old 05-09-2008, 10:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to restore a car to stock height?

Aright fellas heres the deal. Today i picked up a 2000 WS6 on the stock wheels with Eibach pro kit, BMR subframe connectors, BMR Adjustable panhard rod, umi lower control arms and relocation brackets. The problem is the headers and y pipe scrubs a lot of bumps and especially speed bumps going around my neghborhood. Im **** as crap about this stuff and id rather just put the car back to stock ride heigh. My Q is, how hard is that? I think all i have to do is remove the eibach kit and put stock springs on it? My buddy say he has all the tools and its easy as crap, and this guy knows how to work on cars so it cant be that bad? Fill me in guys, thanks!!!
Old 05-09-2008, 10:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put stock springs back on. I have some if you want them. Oh and fwiw I lowered my car with strano springs and installed and adjusted koni 4/4's while doing it and it only took me about 4 hrs, going at my moderatly slow pace. And it is really easy.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Black02SLPSS
Put stock springs back on. I have some if you want them. Oh and fwiw I lowered my car with strano springs and installed and adjusted koni 4/4's while doing it and it only took me about 4 hrs, going at my moderatly slow pace. And it is really easy.
PMed u. I wonder how much I could get out of the Eibach Kit.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

depends if its lt1 pro kit or ls1. because ls1 pro kit sags and very few people want them
Old 05-10-2008, 11:46 AM
TECH Junkie

All you should need are stock springs

I have some lying around, but I will probably keep them for the time being. Who knows I may have a need for them in the future depending on where my vehicle preferences lie.
Old 05-10-2008, 02:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

In the front you can use some BMR shock spacers to raise it up a 1/2" - 1" in the front, or use some some hardened washers(alot cheaper) Then in the rear just get some factory gm springs (1LE would be the best. IMO)
Furthermore, you can do the hose mod to the rear springs if you want it a little bit lower.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to restore a car to stock height?