Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

POST Header Install

Old 05-10-2008, 09:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default POST Header Install

Should the car run a little funny for a bit? Idle is pretty smooth but it's a bit hesitant. Just wondering if the PCM is relearning everything now. And how long that takes.

Pacesetter LTs
ORY
SLP Loudmouth II
Plugs, Wires, Air Filter, and Oil.

So the car got a decent overhaul. Just wondering if these things are kind of normal.
Old 05-11-2008, 01:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

might be a little off on the tune because you have like 0% restriction lol
Old 05-11-2008, 01:25 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah it is some relearning, but it doesn't take much time for it to do so. Hard to say if it went fat or lean though. Some ppl have different experiences with it. It is fine though. Only thing I could think that would make it semi-hesitant would be if you didn't *click* a plug wire on all the way.

If you think that it sounds of kilter now....wait till you have a cam installed. You will lose your mind at first if you install it yourself.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:26 AM
On The Tree

i agree, check plug wires. number 3 was loose on mine after installing, and as soon as i clicked it in she ran like a charm.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:04 AM
TECH Regular

My buddy drove it around for about an hour after I left. See if the PCM needed to make some corrections. He said the car drove great, felt much quicker then before. So when I drive it, i'll confirm that. But I feel pretty confident he knows what he's talking about.

Search this Thread